Opinion Commentary & Media IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very accurate. Recency bias is very real in AFL media
Thats all it is.

The narrative changes every week.

Richmond win = flag favourites, Richmond lose = their window is closed.
North win = Shaw is a genius, North lose = Sack Shaws.

Some of the comments on here are very sooky. We've have been utterly deplorable for half the season.

Yes we have had a long list of compounding issues but honestly can't expect to kick one goal a quarter for close to half a season of footy, have a % lower than shark s**t and not have sections of the media ask questions of how we are going on and off field.

Some of the comments on here are very sooky. We've have been utterly deplorable for half the season.

Yes we have had a long list of compounding issues but honestly can't expect to kick one goal a quarter for close to half a season of footy, have a % lower than shark sh*t and not have sections of the media ask questions of how we are going on and off field.

Of course we need to be scrutinised, but I do find there are a lot of double standards when it comes to media commentary.

As I pointed out earlier there are sides in the comp that have set themselves up to be challenging for flags now and they won’t bleven be playing finals.

According to the main stream media the only basket case in the comp is us though? I’m all for putting the blowtorch on our year, but it would be nice if there was some balance and consistency to media reporting.

The media look to write columns. Looking at the injury list, compounded by all the irregularities of this season can be covered off in a couple of paragraphs. They try to change the narrative so that they can write more columns. No doubt we are the crappest team playing at this moment. But we aren’t the worst team of the year. I would argue we have good reason for being the worst team of the year and crap right now.

Im not as doomy and gloomy as some on here. A lot of things improve when you get a few wins on the board and some confidence under your belt.

According to the main stream media the only basket case in the comp is us though? I’m all for putting the blowtorch on our year, but it would be nice if there was some balance and consistency to media reporting.

There is a barrage of articles on how deplorable * is, the never ending stories on how GoDees can't make it work on field, and everyday there's more and more about what's wrong on at the plastic franchise.
Recently how the Aint's once again can't match it with the top and before that all the negative articles about Adelaide.
It's been an absolute pleasure reading the never ending articles on how screwed the hawks are and don't get me started on the joy that comes from reading Carlton stories.

I'd say there's plenty out there mate, just gotta take your goggles off and quit whinging.

The thing that duds me about McGowan's sacking is that afl.com.au will keep on the likes of Barrett, Lloyd and Cornes when all three of them have cushy media gigs elsewhere (Footy Classified, Sunday Footy Show, SEN etc), whereas Marc has no other alternative to fall back on (that I'm aware of). Sucks.

The thing that duds me about McGowan's sacking is that afl.com.au will keep on the likes of Barrett, Lloyd and Cornes when all three of them have cushy media gigs elsewhere (Footy Classified, Sunday Footy Show, SEN etc), whereas Marc has no other alternative to fall back on (that I'm aware of). Sucks.
The power of Hutchy should not be underestimated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he was taken down because he wasn't always a 'company man'. What a fickle org.

For a long time they have said they look to American sports to see how things work.

I am pretty certain the only place they look is the WWE.

Its actually funny that claims of being a boys club are levelled at us given the absolute insular nature of the league.

Full of greedy back slapping yesmen.

Of course we need to be scrutinised, but I do find there are a lot of double standards when it comes to media commentary.

As I pointed out earlier there are sides in the comp that have set themselves up to be challenging for flags now and they won’t bleven be playing finals.

There is no double standards. They have very hard on other clubs too, who have been less mediocre than we have this year. We deserve it all

Yes we have had a long list of compounding issues but honestly can't expect to kick one goal a quarter for close to half a season of footy, have a % lower than shark sh*t and not have sections of the media ask questions of how we are going on and off field.

Also when you talk your team up so boldly and not deliver expect it to come your way! And when you surround a novice coach with a bunch of nobody assistants expect to be criticised! #warranted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back