News 2020 Trade and Coaching Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

No it was McAdams that did that, and IMO that was directed at McGovern leaving for more MOLA.....I found it very funny when it happened.
I thought it meant "I'm money".

Money McAdam, baby

Speaking of money, apparently Geelong are going to add Viney, Daniher and Brad Crouch to their list during the off season...all within the cap.

Speaking of money, apparently Geelong are going to add Viney, Daniher and Brad Crouch to their list during the off season...all within the cap.
Will be Crouch or Viney. Viney is fairly ordinary imo. Crouch would be the better acquisition. I wouldn't go anywhere near Daniher.

Who else is glad we didn’t get Grundy for $1m a year. The bloke has a pea heart. Signs a long deal and looks completely disinterested.

Would not have been a significant upgrade on ROB - in fact, based on form this year, it would probably be a downgrade. We'd be sitting bottom of the ladder with half our salary cup tied up in a guy making no difference to our results and inhibiting our ability to retain our developing players just as he enters the declining phase of his career. Would have been disastrous - the timing was just completely wrong for where our list is at. If we'd been contending you'd have been all over it, but if we'd been contending we probably wouldn't have had the cap space to pay what he wanted anyway.

There are stories like this for the Cats every year. They'd have cap space for 1 of these (that would've been for Tim Kelly). No way would I let brad go there (or anywhere would be my preference)

Would not have been a significant upgrade on ROB - in fact, based on form this year, it would probably be a downgrade. We'd be sitting bottom of the ladder with half our salary cup tied up in a guy making no difference to our results and inhibiting our ability to retain our developing players just as he enters the declining phase of his career. Would have been disastrous - the timing was just completely wrong for where our list is at. If we'd been contending you'd have been all over it, but if we'd been contending we probably wouldn't have had the cap space to pay what he wanted anyway.

Couldn’t have said it better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope it's not Geelong. They'd probably offer 500k, we'd match and walk away with a second round draft pick and paying for our steak knifes while they trade their first rounder on someone less important.

Hope it's not Geelong. They'd probably offer 500k, we'd match and walk away with a second round draft pick and paying for our steak knifes while they trade their first rounder on someone less important.
I hope it is Geelong. They pay him $800k a season, max out their pay roll so they can't try for Doedee, he plays 5 games a season and they are stuck with him for 5 years. Would be perfect.

Yeah, it sure seems that way. But, in fairness, they'll have Ablett & Taylor coming off their books this year.
Sewood not far behind them and then Dangerfields and Hawkins contracts will be up for renewal.. you’d think dangerfield will get a shorter and also lower paying contract for his last and Hawkins will either retire or get yearly contracts due to age..

Geelong will have plenty of coin open up in their salary cap over the next 3 years..

You know.. that pesky salary cap that Geelong really dont worry about sticking to anyway!..

Sewood not far behind them and then Dangerfields and Hawkins contracts will be up for renewal.. you’d think dangerfield will get a shorter and also lower paying contract for his last and Hawkins will either retire or get yearly contracts due to age..

Geelong will have plenty of coin open up in their salary cap over the next 3 years..

You know.. that pesky salary cap that Geelong really dont worry about sticking to anyway!..
What annoys me is the lazy player managers steering their star out of contract players Geelong way. Why is it always Geelong as an option.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both of those guys are still performing at a high level. I'd give Danger a 2 year contract and Hawkins 1 year contract, based purely on age.

It’s reported Hawkins is getting a two year deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back