Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator Edit

This is part six - rolled over from part five, available at the below link:

bit of faux outrage over gibbs getting chaired off,

only thing i can see wrong with this is they should be chairing simpson off, after all he carried the other 2 for most of their careers.

I get why it doesn't sit comfortably with Cornes or Wilson.

Because it was respectful and classy from both clubs.

Players get chaired off by those they've played the longest with, which is exactly what happened.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers

So this clown has taken the time to tap out a ‘story’ with a title insinuating the Giants would actually consider Cogs position as captain after being dropped for one game? (the first of his career).. wow.. even the clickbait nowadays is not clickbait worthy..

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
...some things never change

1600127322148.png

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Think I'm the only one who rated Clarke.

Huge tank and could find the pill. Kudos to Sydney if they've managed to blunten his overstated kicking issues.
He gets it and handballs to a teammate.
Or kicks it sideways to a teammate who can use it better. Hes also a very efficient tagger.
Wish we could do that with Marley but the issue we need do that with half the list.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
He gets it and handballs to a teammate.
Or kicks it sideways to a teammate who can use it better. Hes also a very efficient tagger.
Wish we could do that with Marley but the issue we need do that with half the list.

Right now we don't have a mid who can run out a game to provide a constant outlet the way Gibson or Clarke could/can.

I'd be happy to plonk Cliff Young in our midfield right now just to have one bloke with a tank.

Right now we don't have a mid who can run out a game to provide a constant outlet the way Gibson or Clarke could/can.

I'd be happy to plonk Cliff Young in our midfield right now just to have one bloke with a tank.
Id be happy to bring Hartung back.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett has dismissed as “nonsense” a description put to him at a parliamentary inquiry that he is “the godfather of WA football”.

The Eagles’ “control” over how the sport is run in WA, its refusal to let its 100,000 members elect board members and the level of financial support provided by the club to grassroots football all came under the microscope in a 90-minute grilling from a committee of MPs.

Public Accounts Committee chairman Tony Buti asked Mr Nisbett if he told a meeting of WAFL club presidents and chief executives at the WA Football Commission’s headquarters that, “if we don’t work together we could lose our government funding”.

Mr Nisbett twice said he couldn’t “recall” exactly what he told the meeting of footy bosses after the inquiry was launched into how the WAFC spends the almost $11 million in taxpayers’ money it receives each year from the State Government.

family-guy-good-good-gif-12.gif

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
BEST idea they have had this year!

Ha! Who would have thought this might have helped. If only someone had of suggested it to the club months ago! 🤪
This is why the Pies are playing finals and we’re conducting exit interviews.
352B33F9-513A-43BA-B546-CD1112E0D02E.jpeg

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The fact that dew even has to be accounted for, which by the way occurs mostly at night due to the humidity and lack of sun drying it out goes to show how stupid the idea of a twilight grand final at the Gabba even is.

I never want to see the grand final leave the MCG ever again.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Corr just got owned by Membrey in the first 30 seconds.

I'll say it again, I don't get the hype and excitement. Average defender.

That's amazing considering he isn't even on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back