Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Guessing Stormfront is part of this 'inside coup' at Vought referenced by the CIA lady just before her head exploded? Was wondering why anyone would ok her to be in the 7. Would mean Gus Fring is in on it too seeing as he brought her onboard.

I'm guessing Stormfront is the racist white character written in to get in on the woke act. I mean the answer is there in her name.

We got the racist white person, the now openly gay person, the story about an oppressed black person all in a few short eps.

Liberal writers have to tick all the boxes on their checklists when telling a story.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I'm guessing Stormfront is the racist white character written in to get in on the woke act. I mean the answer is there in her name.

We got the racist white person, the now openly gay person, the story about an oppressed black person all in a few short eps.

Liberal writers have to tick all the boxes on their checklists when telling a story.
Only problem with your theory is that the character existed in the comics before woke culture was a thing :rolleyes:

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Only problem with your theory is that the character existed in the comics before woke culture was a thing :rolleyes:

Only problem is Stormfront is a guy in the comics. Woke culture existed before the comics, it was just called virtue signalling then.

And given Kripke has come out and said a lot ties into today's real world happenings it's an easy vehicle for him to virtue signal through.

Time will tell how partisan the show goes with its underlying subtext.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Only problem is Stormfront is a guy in the comics. Woke culture existed before the comics, it was just called virtue signalling then.

And given Kripke has come out and said a lot ties into today's real world happenings it's an easy vehicle for him to virtue signal through.

Time will tell how partisan the show goes with its underlying subtext.
Um virtue signalling is a very new term. its orgin only dates back about 5-7 years let alone its common usage.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Um virtue signalling is a very new term. its orgin only dates back about 5-7 years let alone its common usage.

Umm the conspicuous and disingenuous expression of moral values with the intent to enhance one's own image has been around for thousands of years.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Dan Moody

That, was liquid football
Apr 3, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reckon this episode redeemed the series after the Homelander doppleganger disaster.
Imagine knowing that Black Noir was outside your house, knowing that you were home and just prowling and hunting you, knowing that no matter what you do you're ****ed anyway.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Holy s**t, that was great.

So many quotable lines. “This Joss rewrite” was ******* gold :D

And that last minute or two. “Don’t be a pussy. Just laser my ******* ****”. Sensational stuff.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The rally scene outside Vought was great, Homelander doubling down on his excuses. Genuinely thought for a moment that he did laser them out, that fooled me.

Might be a glimpse of things to come down the track if/when he loses his s**t.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The only arc I’m not really enjoying that much this season is The Deep’s. Obviously though he’ll have a big part to play later on (in the plot to take down Homelander?) given the screentime he’s receiving so far.

The Scientology stuff is amusing, I wonder if it’s a bit of a pisstake at Tom Cruise etc.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

tumblr_inline_pnbblztSZa1s35fba_540.gif

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Homelander is just one seriously bad day away from the mother of all killing sprees - though I can see the Boys having to team up with him to take down Stormfront (assuming that even happens now, after the events of the last episode).

Back