News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Aug 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The usual media "all-in" whenever anything camp related pops up seems to be curiously absent RE Stud's two articles on Friday/Saturday.

While its a CM puff piece, its interesting. And at least they name their sources while categorically denying what has been peddled by Sam Manure/Caro.

If legal proceedings move forward, sources have to come out to back up what the media have been saying! If they settle, then its an admittance of bullshit on the media's part, surely.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
The usual media "all-in" whenever anything camp related pops up seems to be curiously absent RE Stud's two articles on Friday/Saturday.

While its a CM puff piece, its interesting. And at least they name their sources while categorily denying what has been peddled by Sam Manure/Caro.

If legal proceedings move forward, sources have to come out to back up what the media have been saying! If they settle, then its an admittance of bullshit on the media's part, surely.

This will never make court, it'll all be settled privately, the last thing Manure etc want is to be dragged out into the public.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Noise should then be made about why they settled rather than fight it in court!
There will be a settlement which will result in an undisclosed payment to CM plus a brief retraction buried in the newspaper of some minor elements of the report. All parties will then be bound by non-disclosures of the settlement.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Does anyone know why Caro and Manure were not on Footy Classified last week. Was this something to do with it. They have brought the CM issues onto that show many times. C9 worried?

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
“The AFL Integrity Unit conducted a full investigation in 2018, clearing Collective Mind and the AFC of any wrongdoing. Further to this, Collective Mind proactively held a media conference, open to all interested media, to ask any questions and discuss the camp in detail. “Despite the clarity that was created back in 2018, there have been ongoing rumours, mistruths and speculation that is not only incorrect, but damaging to our reputation.

“Collective Mind exists to provide performance-based mindset training, and our sole purpose and role is to support individuals and teams to become the very best version of themselves. This purpose guides and informs everything we do.

“The rumours do not reflect the people we are, our purpose or our approach. We would not design or endorse the program that has been described by the media.”

McClure, who still has the July 4 article pinned at the top of his personal Twitter page, and Wilson have not responded publicly to the developments.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
“The AFL Integrity Unit conducted a full investigation in 2018, clearing Collective Mind and the AFC of any wrongdoing. Further to this, Collective Mind proactively held a media conference, open to all interested media, to ask any questions and discuss the camp in detail. “Despite the clarity that was created back in 2018, there have been ongoing rumours, mistruths and speculation that is not only incorrect, but damaging to our reputation.

“Collective Mind exists to provide performance-based mindset training, and our sole purpose and role is to support individuals and teams to become the very best version of themselves. This purpose guides and informs everything we do.

“The rumours do not reflect the people we are, our purpose or our approach. We would not design or endorse the program that has been described by the media.”

McClure, who still has the July 4 article pinned at the top of his personal Twitter page, and Wilson have not responded publicly to the developments.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide

The reason some rumours persist is because of some soft players who were upset. They are no longer at the club. We tested our list and some failed. Doesn't make the camp bad. If anything players didn't like being exposed for the mentally weak individuals we knew they were based on their poor finals performances and a culture of mediocrity in our playing group.

What really flaws me is this isn't brought up by the media. No one in the media questioned players for being upset at a resilience camp. instead the narrative was how dare a club upset players. Even though most players thought it was great.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have a feeling Caro won't be inclined to make comment on the Crows for quite some time now!
Caro has been continually embarrassed because she has been wrong in her stories because the AFC refused to bow down to her demands for comments. I think she also has burned all her sources at the club and therefor has nothing.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
The reason some rumours persist is because of some soft players who were upset. They are no longer at the club. We tested our list and some failed. Doesn't make the camp bad. If anything players didn't like being exposed for the mentally weak individuals we knew they were based on their poor finals performances and a culture of mediocrity in our playing group.

What really flaws me is this isn't brought up by the media. No one in the media questioned players for being upset at a resilience camp. instead the narrative was how dare a club upset players. Even though most players thought it was great.
The rumours persist because the media makes money selling the "Crows = bad" narrative in Victoria. It's a handy diversion too because they can make that coin without actually scutinising the club in a way that might bring about meaningful change.

The camp was bad btw. Its only a question of how bad. Even if you completely remove the rumours about a fractured the playing group, the performances we dished up in 2018 and the injury plague can only lead me to believe the camp was at best, completely ineffective.

Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
The rumours persist because the media makes money selling the "Crows = bad" narrative in Victoria. It's a handy diversion too because they can make that coin without actually scutinising the club in a way that might bring about meaningful change.

The camp was bad btw. Its only a question of how bad. Even if you completely remove the rumours about a fractured the playing group, the performances we dished up in 2018 and the injury plague can only lead me to believe the camp was at best, completely ineffective.
I agree it was ineffective. The soft players became a cancer in the group. Going by roos attitude I'd suggest the club got sick of some players s**t and hense they aren't here.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree it was ineffective. The soft players became a cancer in the group. Going by roos attitude I'd suggest the club got sick of some players sh*t and hense they aren't here.

And then you had the guy who posted here the other day who said he spoke with Fogerty's dad, and he said something like the squad are all mates again.

Pretty obvious that the camp was successful in weeding out the ineffective players who couldn't cut it, like Jenkins, Jacobs, Hampton, McGovern, and sadly, even Betts. What it was unsuccessful in doing was it wasn't prepared for the full out of a bunch of primadonas suddenly not feeling wanted.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I agree it was ineffective. The soft players became a cancer in the group. Going by roos attitude I'd suggest the club got sick of some players sh*t and hense they aren't here.

Roo is one of the least savvy operators in the league. He couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag and you would be a fool to place too much stock in his opinions. This is the same ******* who hired Burton out of pure nepotism and destroyed our footy department. If Roo had even a shred of integrity, he would have resigned but he's now part of the same culture of mediocrity that has contributed to us not winning a flag in 20 years.

Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
And then you had the guy who posted here the other day who said he spoke with Fogerty's dad, and he said something like the squad are all mates again.

Pretty obvious that the camp was successful in weeding out the ineffective players who couldn't cut it, like Jenkins, Jacobs, Hampton, McGovern, and sadly, even Betts. What it was unsuccessful in doing was it wasn't prepared for the full out of a bunch of primadonas suddenly not feeling wanted.
Yup. I wouldn't be suprised either if on the back of the camp we changed up our draft interviews to be more cutting and resilience based. Roo is especially brutal on some players and I think Greenwood is clearly on Roos s**t list. Probably why he didn't even give Nicks a say on the trades.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

Oh yeah it was all a deliberate game of 4D chess the club was playing. It wasn't rank incompetence at all. Lmao.

Back