Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 17 - Hawks v Dogs Sun September 13th 3:35pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

• Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
I wonder if chad wishes he’d picked the bulldogs now? 😂
Don't get too cocky, if you want to be premiers you got to get over Richmond! And yesterday you played a team in a slow rebuild, always judge your best, only when beating the best, thats the way we did it at Hawthorn! But good luck anyhow, from what I watched with Richmond and Geelong the other night, I think your going to need your absolute best, all of you 7.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Much more intelligent than the free kick count should be equal which is one of the dumbest arguments in sport.
You know what mate, my comments these days are general, every team suffers from the rules debacle these days, and I noticed some frees let go, or not called in the period of time that I actually watched that game, it doesn't have to be Hawthorn when I comment
Its very simple, that unless your blind or your 12 or 13 years old, and can't see the game killing rule changes and pack forming, all players on the ball sport, we have now

Umpires pick out what they can guess at out of a pack , or just ball up ball up ball up, inccesantly making our sport the most unflowing game going!

We used to call this game Australian Rules. If you think its all good then your easily pleased my friend. The game is being spoilt rotton with tiggy touchwood free kicks.

I think Richmond and Geelong played decent football the other night even with the continual game stopping whistle blowing , the problem is there is out of nine games as we go per week, about 1 or 2 are worth the look. I think we are in two divisions mode in the AFL, diluted player pool and only about 4 clubs really capable of being Premiers.
Scrum football on a rectangular pitch we'll be watching soon. Keepings off, well we taught you that. Anyway enough, have a closer look next time.

You'll get a turn at the wrong end of the rub , unlike that friendly umpiring rub you got at the Prelim 2016. Not saying that won you the game, but sometimes in this confusion you get lucky, you did and no teams can get even frees in a game, but umpires can get on a roll on certain "misdemeanor of the week" causing frees and Hawthorn 2 to 3 weeks ago had in the second half ZERO frees to 14 for the opposition, how do you figure that went down? Grey rules that's how.

Now have a go at an answer without insult, or I can recite the numbers for you from 1961. Done.

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
You know what mate, my comments these days are general, every team suffers from the rules debacle these days, and I noticed some frees let go, or not called in the period of time that I actually watched that game, it doesn't have to be Hawthorn when I comment
Its very simple, that unless your blind or your 12 or 13 years old, and can't see the game killing rule changes and pack forming, all players on the ball sport, we have now

Umpires pick out what they can guess at out of a pack , or just ball up ball up ball up, inccesantly making our sport the most unflowing game going!

We used to call this game Australian Rules. If you think its all good then your easily pleased my friend. The game is being spoilt rotton with tiggy touchwood free kicks.

I think Richmond and Geelong played decent football the other night even with the continual game stopping whistle blowing , the problem is there is out of nine games as we go per week, about 1 or 2 are worth the look. I think we are in two divisions mode in the AFL, diluted player pool and only about 4 clubs really capable of being Premiers.
Scrum football on a rectangular pitch we'll be watching soon. Keepings off, well we taught you that. Anyway enough, have a closer look next time.

You'll get a turn at the wrong end of the rub , unlike that friendly umpiring rub you got at the Prelim 2016. Not saying that won you the game, but sometimes in this confusion you get lucky, you did and no teams can get even frees in a game, but umpires can get on a roll on certain "misdemeanor of the week" causing frees and Hawthorn 2 to 3 weeks ago had in the second half ZERO frees to 14 for the opposition, how do you figure that went down? Grey rules that's how.

Now have a go at an answer without insult, or I can recite the numbers for you from 1961. Done.
What were the decisions that got the Bulldogs over the line in the 2016 prelim ?

Any specific decisions or just the free kick count.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
What were the decisions that got the Bulldogs over the line in the 2016 prelim ?

Any specific decisions or just the free kick count.
Well you got me there, and the Dogs played brilliantly but there was a missed free kick or a paid nonsense, free that got them back up the ground 2016 and saved their bums.
But your right, it didn't win the match, the fact is though, it happened, I can't remember what it was, and whether you believe me or not is no matter to me. I used it as an example of what happens in games to every AFL team and it happens because the game has been placed in the hands almost totally of umpires who can call ANYTHING, with rules that are so grey any stupid decision can be called and some of them lose games, for a side and few can pick the actual free the ump thought he saw?..
My team weren't beating the dogs Sunday, but I saw third quarter and a bit in the last, and during the third quarter I saw two frees that were not paid, that could have been, and there is the rub , see the game now has been ambushed by rule changes and some rules that don't need to even be there.
So my comment about any chance a free kick now and again or what ever I said, was a general comment because I have been complaining about the watering down and the annihilation of what football is supposed to be by the AFL for ten years, umpires can and do create results, they don't know it, but the fault lies with Hocking, now, in the past the AFL rule changers.
Who began doing it around 2003 , because they knew that they were going to dilute the player pool with (GWS, GC17) and the game had to be tamed a bit because what ever you say watching the game now , it is an example of players who can't kick or handball, sh*t themselves in front of goal, the basketball rules , well fouls thats what I call it now , barely touching and arm or shoulder .
Any way if you have read anything I've written in the past about this you'd see what I mean, or you'd understand that its this bad way , some of the game is adjudicated now!
It is not unusual for tiggy touchwood free kicks , to change a game totally, I don't believe the 50 metre penalty rule is used properly , jumping into a kickers space , or taking a step over an imaginary umpires idea of a line, we have created a pack forming scrum of a game , the umpires for some reason leave the scrounging pack wrestle on the ground go TOO LONG, our game doesn't flow, when it does an effing umpire blows his whistle for some non understandable free kick, if you know footy , I mean if you are someone who really followed what the game used to be like and I don't mean the biff and bash, no I mean good contact contest football if you have experienced that, rather than the this keepings off wrestling then you'd understand what it was like when rather than a handfull of champs in each team like now, you would have magnificent contests, between super players.
You see, today if we had 16 or 14 clubs only there are so many non footy smart players and skill lacking kicking handballing that a huge amount of blokes playing today, wouldn't get a game. Doesn't mean there are not still some great footballers, but they are few anmd far between, too many injuries and game too fast. That is how footy has changed.
Well there you go brother, all that to explain what my comment was about, if you are twenty say, maybe you are easily satisfied, but I 've almost had it, the footy only looks good now in about 1 or 2 games each round!!!
And many are giving it up, what I'd like to know is why did the AFL corporates think it was a good idea to butcher the simple rules of Aussie rules?
Do what you like with all that, but nothing like a good debate!

Draft Pick

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2004
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Well you got me there, and the Dogs played brilliantly but there was a missed free kick or a paid nonsense, free that got them back up the ground 2016 and saved their bums.
But your right, it didn't win the match, the fact is though, it happened, I can't remember what it was, and whether you believe me or not is no matter to me. I used it as an example of what happens in games to every AFL team and it happens because the game has been placed in the hands almost totally of umpires who can call ANYTHING, with rules that are so grey any stupid decision can be called and some of them lose games, for a side and few can pick the actual free the ump thought he saw?..
My team weren't beating the dogs Sunday, but I saw third quarter and a bit in the last, and during the third quarter I saw two frees that were not paid, that could have been, and there is the rub , see the game now has been ambushed by rule changes and some rules that don't need to even be there.
So my comment about any chance a free kick now and again or what ever I said, was a general comment because I have been complaining about the watering down and the annihilation of what football is supposed to be by the AFL for ten years, umpires can and do create results, they don't know it, but the fault lies with Hocking, now, in the past the AFL rule changers.
Who began doing it around 2003 , because they knew that they were going to dilute the player pool with (GWS, GC17) and the game had to be tamed a bit because what ever you say watching the game now , it is an example of players who can't kick or handball, sh*t themselves in front of goal, the basketball rules , well fouls thats what I call it now , barely touching and arm or shoulder .
Any way if you have read anything I've written in the past about this you'd see what I mean, or you'd understand that its this bad way , some of the game is adjudicated now!
It is not unusual for tiggy touchwood free kicks , to change a game totally, I don't believe the 50 metre penalty rule is used properly , jumping into a kickers space , or taking a step over an imaginary umpires idea of a line, we have created a pack forming scrum of a game , the umpires for some reason leave the scrounging pack wrestle on the ground go TOO LONG, our game doesn't flow, when it does an effing umpire blows his whistle for some non understandable free kick, if you know footy , I mean if you are someone who really followed what the game used to be like and I don't mean the biff and bash, no I mean good contact contest football if you have experienced that, rather than the this keepings off wrestling then you'd understand what it was like when rather than a handfull of champs in each team like now, you would have magnificent contests, between super players.
You see, today if we had 16 or 14 clubs only there are so many non footy smart players and skill lacking kicking handballing that a huge amount of blokes playing today, wouldn't get a game. Doesn't mean there are not still some great footballers, but they are few anmd far between, too many injuries and game too fast. That is how footy has changed.
Well there you go brother, all that to explain what my comment was about, if you are twenty say, maybe you are easily satisfied, but I 've almost had it, the footy only looks good now in about 1 or 2 games each round!!!
And many are giving it up, what I'd like to know is why did the AFL corporates think it was a good idea to butcher the simple rules of Aussie rules?
Do what you like with all that, but nothing like a good debate!
Thanks for the reply. Wasn’t expecting it to be so long.I am well over 20 and like you do not like the way the game is played now.

I think it runs much deeper than just rule interpretations though.

I agree the players are too fit and finely tuned for the good of the traditional game.

Full time professionalism has been used to make the game more defensive.

Mar 5, 2015
West of Woop Woop
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Marconi, Arsenal, GreenEdge
Don't get too cocky, if you want to be premiers you got to get over Richmond! And yesterday you played a team in a slow rebuild, always judge your best, only when beating the best, thats the way we did it at Hawthorn! But good luck anyhow, from what I watched with Richmond and Geelong the other night, I think your going to need your absolute best, all of you 7.
Thanks, I dont think were likely for the flag this year, but with the youngest list in the comp (and younger than your team last night) I think were rapidly on the way up, if Chad picked Hawks over Dogs in hopes of quick success it looks like he picked the wrong horse. Glad he did, if wed picked him up we'd have lost Bailey Smith.

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Thanks for the reply. Wasn’t expecting it to be so long.I am well over 20 and like you do not like the way the game is played now.

I think it runs much deeper than just rule interpretations though.

I agree the players are too fit and finely tuned for the good of the traditional game.

Full time professionalism has been used to make the game more defensive.
Thanks mate, that was really what my first comment was about, with the frees, the whole game the whole 18 teams, maybe I find it a bit more tragic than others. Because if some of it isn't curtailed a little we will one day play indoor AFLX it'll sound like a basketball court . Hah, maybe not quite.
For me though, the question more than anything, is why the AFL saw the need to change .
And good football, real footy, is the most fantastic game on the earth, I grew up with it, and it feels like I've lost it now, too changed. My other sport? Boxing and not that often, with Fox's Main Event charging on top of package charge again!

But I do walk out on the tele angered sometimes not just watching my blokes lots of games, I just reckon more peol,le should be complaining about the way the game is travelling before COVID too? Any how good luck in the finals!

Back