Rumour GFC 2020 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can probably go further then that - a starting best 22 followed by a scratch match squad of players linked to us

We then play off the our current list against the wannabe list - scratch match squads opposed to each other as the warmup, and then the main fair of best 22 vs best 22

Rank each player on the ground, and the winners gets to wear the hoops next year, while the others are looking for new homes

This made me dizzy

Let's add another option -Scott coaches our current squad, and then say it's Scarlett coaching the wannabe Cats

The coach of the winning team then gets to be the senior coach going forward, with the other becoming the waterboy

I guess that has some attraction as a 'contest'. Problem might be that it could end up as a competition between a coach who is already considered (by some) to be ultra-defensive against a prospective leader whose public messaging is always about how much he values a defensive mindset.

So if Bruest bobs up to kick the winning behind (and the first score of the game) in the closing stages of the last quarter, the TV execs won't be able to say that they weren't warned.

Upgrade Close, keep Brownless and Henderson as rookies and delist Atkins who doesn't offer much anyway. I know they won't do it but just a thought.

Atkins is contracted for next year so that won't happen.

Don’t think we should go after Bruest but the people saying where would he play in our team or he wouldn’t get a game are delusional.
He’s an upgrade on Close, Atkins, Ablett “retirement”

I don't suggest he wouldn't get a game. I simply believe the price paid (even in terms of a list spot, as list sizes contract) is hard to justify, particularly when he's nothing like the 'silver bullet' or the 'last piece of the puzzle' as far as our best 22 is concerned.

Handy player, no doubt. Really important in setting up the club for short and medium term success? I just can't see it at all. And if there is actually a serious push to give away one of our first round picks for him, I think that will be our best approximation of 'Crazy Vossy' in my time following the club.

Need to save our picks for the draft. Go for a FA or two but don’t pay picks for them.

Only player I’d trade our last R1 for is Caldwell. That’s it

Do you think Caldwell has performed that well... or are you going by junior form? Out of all the names mentioned I was happy to hear we were interested in XOH ... but the main thrust of your post I agree with... I have little interest in trading for late 20's something or older players that are banged up or on the slide...
Id like to again add two quality kids ... for me reading reports on SDek only just confirms what I want. There will probably be several players that are delisted that we can look to add... any older players like the only that have been mentioned should basically be free agents.

The irony on the players mentioned is that none seem to be the area of most dire need imo .. height capable of playing in the ruck

I don't suggest he wouldn't get a game. I simply believe the price paid (even in terms of a list spot, as list sizes contract) is hard to justify, particularly when he's nothing like the 'silver bullet' or the 'last piece of the puzzle' as far as our best 22 is concerned.

Handy player, no doubt. Really important in setting up the club for short and medium term success? I just can't see it at all. And if there is actually a serious push to give away one of our first round picks for him, I think that will be our best approximation of 'Crazy Vossy' in my time following the club.
I do agree with you, no way would I give up a first round pick for him. Is he a player we need like a Ruckman? absolutely not
But he would make us better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also said that not confirmed but looking likely that Cameron will stay at GWS.

That's disappointing, but at the same time we probably dodged a bullet. Cameron seems like a bit of a sourpuss and I'm not sure we need that sort at the Catters. Would be happy to see Kreuger given a run (or SDK, even if he's meant to be a defender).

Maybe the Big Boner Brown is coming onto the market? That'd be a weird dynamic between Hawk and Brown - park Hawk in the goalsquare, get Brown out on the lead, clear everyone else out of the 50 ;)

Here we go, girls and boys!

"Giants players have been delivered a direct message in the context of Corr leaving. To paraphrase. If you don’t want to be here, then ship off. Told delivered very frankly yesterday in meeting with the playing group"

Yeah ..thats all good till young Green say I want to go to the Swans , Riccardi says the Pies have made me a huge offer , Hately wants a return to SA ..etc etc..

That's disappointing, but at the same time we probably dodged a bullet. Cameron seems like a bit of a sourpuss and I'm not sure we need that sort at the Catters. Would be happy to see Kreuger given a run (or SDK, even if he's meant to be a defender).

Maybe the Big Boner Brown is coming onto the market? That'd be a weird dynamic between Hawk and Brown - park Hawk in the goalsquare, get Brown out on the lead, clear everyone else out of the 50 ;)

The cold facts are no matter how much potential seems to be apparent ..players fail .. so one always need to add ... so if we see another good tall option with the same sort of potential like sdek or Kreuger then we should add..

Last edited:

We would need to build special runways through the crowd at KP into the pockets and flanks for him to get a long enough run up on the set shots.

The cold facts are no matter how much potential seems to be apparent ..players fail .. so one always need to add ... so if we see another good tall option with the same sort of potential like sdek or Kreuger then we should add..

A good point. Just trying to make myself feel better about Cameron (likely) staying

Don’t think we should go after Bruest but the people saying where would he play in our team or he wouldn’t get a game are delusional.
He’s an upgrade on Close, Atkins, Ablett “retirement”

Why ruin the potential development of a small forward we currently have on the list?
Breust, like Jenkins, Steven and the many others who signed with the club at the wrong end of their careers are only going to give us a year or two of service (when they finally step out of the rehab room).
I mean Geelong's already lost Constable by the sounds of things and we could lose a Kreuger or Ratugolea by gaining Jeremy Cameron. It's a balancing act going for all these mature aged recruits.

So far, the club has nothing to show for it. Not even a grand final appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back