Abortion

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Isn't it strange how all pro abortion people are already born? Why not also introduce euthanasia for children. When it all gets too hard for the parents, we can just erase them?
I support euthanasia for religious zealots, idiots and the right wing.:thumbsu::thumbsu:
I can feel the tolerance and love for your fellow man seeping through the screen.
Yeah, It's Pie eyed that is the problem...

Better call his post out, rather than the completely insane alias' post he was replying to...

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Take it from me, a woman who has had 2 kids, at 20wks the blob is now a baby, a 5mth moving kicking developing little human.

I'm not against abortion, but I am if it's past the 3mths stage.

(unless on serious medical grounds of course, mothers health etc)
Three months is 13 weeks. Elective abortion allows seven further weeks.

I’ve seen the scans at 12 weeks, while tiny they look very much like a baby.

tommyTitch

Senior List
Sep 28, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, It's Pie eyed that is the problem...

Better call his post out, rather than the completely insane alias' post he was replying to...
It's quite amazing when you think about it. you can brainwash a human being to the point that they are normalising killing their own offspring. If you can brainwash people to something that goes against their biological imperative, then you can brainwash them to do anything.

Then you have people like dual abortioner Clementine Ford actually celebrating their great success wearing a t shirt boasting of their great deeds.

It's the work of the devil.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
I'm against it because I think if people are that stupid and wreckless they should have to live with the consequence. But I also hate religion/cults and like seeing them fail to control people.

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
I'm against it because I think if people are that stupid and wreckless they should have to live with the consequence. But I also hate religion/cults and like seeing them fail to control people.
I agree. There is nothing more odious than for people to be without the appropriate number of wrecks.

Parenting is a serious commitment and shouldn't be a punishment for stupidity and recklessness

Parenting is a serious commitment and shouldn't be a punishment for stupidity and recklessness
100% it is only the child who will suffer in those circumstances

100% it is only the child who will suffer in those circumstances

yep

I have some horror stories in the last week of parental negligence. All kids have their issue but a caring and responsible parent addresses things early. They first consider what the issue is, they learn how to address the issue and then implement. This process can be time consuming, challenging and frustrating.

Does anyone think a parent, who resents having children will endure this process over and over again? The result is a f'd up life for the parent, a child who is poorly equipped in life and all of society is burdened.

I don't think anyone "likes" abortion but it must be an option for a variety of complex reasons.

yep

I have some horror stories in the last week of parental negligence. All kids have their issue but a caring and responsible parent addresses things early. They first consider what the issue is, they learn how to address the issue and then implement. This process can be time consuming, challenging and frustrating.

Does anyone think a parent, who resents having children will endure this process over and over again? The result is a f'd up life for the parent, a child who is poorly equipped in life and all of society is burdened.

I don't think anyone "likes" abortion but it must be an option for a variety of complex reasons.
Cannot argue with any of that

100% agree

I think the worst parts of our history have been underscored by the determination that certain lives aren't worth living, making those choices for them.

You're welcome to make those choices for yourself, and on behalf of those you are responsible for while they are vulnerable, but introducing a line under which it is not only acceptable but deemed humane to remove a life from that suffering by ending it is opening the door to that line being shifted into a place you're no longer comfortable - when it might no longer be a convenient rationalization for you.

And yes, I'd adopt all your unwanted children.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

Nor should the denial of life be the punishment for someone else's stupidity or recklessness.

I'm not going to try and get into a huge debate on this with other posters like i would on sport because frankly, no one is going to change their opinion on a topic like this.

But I'm proud enough to say what I believe, and I believe abortion is wrong. I've had (well fathered, anyway) babies, and watched as a tiny little baby I fathered that then miscarried was taken from my wife.
Life is just the most amazing thing in the world and whether you're religious or not, it's a privilege for us to be able to enjoy life, and bring more of it into the world.

I wouldn't want to be the doctor, or parent, who aborted the baby that was going to grow up and cure cancer.

When conception happens, the possibilities are just endless and amazing. I don't really compute as to why someone would want to stop that.

Nor should the denial of life be the punishment for someone else's stupidity or recklessness.

I'm not going to try and get into a huge debate on this with other posters like i would on sport because frankly, no one is going to change their opinion on a topic like this.

But I'm proud enough to say what I believe, and I believe abortion is wrong. I've had (well fathered, anyway) babies, and watched as a tiny little baby I fathered that then miscarried was taken from my wife.
Life is just the most amazing thing in the world and whether you're religious or not, it's a privilege for us to be able to enjoy life, and bring more of it into the world.

I wouldn't want to be the doctor, or parent, who aborted the baby that was going to grow up and cure cancer.

When conception happens, the possibilities are just endless and amazing. I don't really compute as to why someone would want to stop that.

I feel abortion is one area that everyone's entitled to their opinion and everyone's opinion should be respected when it comes to their own body or their own relationship.

I guess how I rationalise it is, as a society we often make decisions about human life. Sometimes our own life, sometimes the life of a loved one, sometimes someone we fear, sometimes our job requires it and sometimes we simply say......we don't wish to provide resources to continue a life.

and I definitely agree with the bold, despite my expressed views.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I feel abortion is one area that everyone's entitled to their opinion and everyone's opinion should be respected when it comes to their own body or their own relationship.

I guess how I rationalise it is, as a society we often make decisions about human life. Sometimes our own life, sometimes the life of a loved one, sometimes someone we fear, sometimes our job requires it and sometimes we simply say......we don't wish to provide resources to continue a life.

and I definitely agree with the bold, despite my expressed views.

That's fair enough, i can put myself in other people's shoes enough to understand their view, I just don't share them that's all.

It just seems to me like anything less than perfection is seen as a burden on both society and individuals now. Not the perfect time for a baby? Get rid of it. Not a perfectly healthy baby? Get rid of it.

The imperfection of life itself is what makes it so perfect, to me anyway. So I will just never be able to have that approach.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
20 years ago my ex wife was 6 weeks pregnant and came down with the most horrendous case of chicken pox you’d ever see.

We terminated the pregnancy without question.

First time i’ve thought about it in years seeing this thread.

Absolutely no regrets.

Not a facetious question I’m not an expert - what does chicken pox do to an unborn baby?

Back