rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Surprised that in Kade Simpson's retirement article on AFL.com.au they didn't mention that Simpson is the biggest loser in AFL history having played in the most losses of anyone

Snap, I had just finished reading that and thought the same thing.

Maybe they thought it would be disrespectful but it highlights the character of the guy who has put up with such a sh*tstain of a club for so long without asking to get out. He deserves kudos.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Not the first time a non-playing player has been chaired off the ground ......If Sloane retires soon, and is injured and can't play his last game ...are you saying we shouldn't chair him off the ground
It’s not their last game and I can’t recall too many non-playing players chaired off, care to give some examples?

Wow... the Giants are really tearing themselves appart at the moment..

Apparently players were called into a meeting and told “if anyone doesnt want to be here they can just go.. youre not wanted”..

Guess Hately can just walk to us for nothing then!..

We’ll take Caldwell too while they are in this broom sweeping mood!..

This is why we need to remain bottom. We cant let Norf tank their way below us... Pick 1 in the PSD could end up snagging you a very good player that has ended up there due to sometging going sour at the trade table.

I think North is banking on it and will tank like hell to get below us.
I look forward to GWS reacting poorly to a player leaving via free agency after losing a GF and missing the finals being treated the same was as Tex was when he supposedly reacted poorly to a 3rd year player leaving right after losing a GF.

Maybe they thought it would be disrespectful but it highlights the character of the guy who has put up with such a sh*tstain of a club for so long without asking to get out. He deserves kudos.

Yep, it would have also highlighted that Carlton did the bloke a huge disservice for being total garbage over basically his entire 18 year career

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

was it Fox Footy who did that to Cale Hooker on his 200th?

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
Geez I'd forgotten how bad Port Powah were in 2011, they should be very thankful the GCS had come into the competition to finish equal last with them.

3 wins, 19 losses, our year was bad enough to sit through - imagine 19 losses!!

1600152341170.png

GWS still not in the comp back then.

Geez I'd forgotten how bad Port Powah were in 2011, they should be very thankful the GCS had come into the competition to finish equal last with them.

3 wins, 19 losses, our year was bad enough to sit through - imagine 19 losses!!

View attachment 962101
GWS still not in the comp back then.
And to this day, the hill I will die on is that they should have won that spoon. Their 3rd win to get them off bottom came in the final round when the AFL let them play at Adelaide Oval for shits and giggles. Because of the novelty lots of Port "faithful" turned out (more than double the amount that they were averaging at Footy Park) and just got them over the line against a useless Melbourne. If that game was played at Footy Park they would've only got 14,000 toothless criminals there and lost.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Wow... the Giants are really tearing themselves appart at the moment..

Apparently players were called into a meeting and told “if anyone doesnt want to be here they can just go.. youre not wanted”..

Guess Hately can just walk to us for nothing then!..

We’ll take Caldwell too while they are in this broom sweeping mood!..

This is why we need to remain bottom. We cant let Norf tank their way below us... Pick 1 in the PSD could end up snagging you a very good player that has ended up there due to sometging going sour at the trade table.

I think North is banking on it and will tank like hell to get below us.
Where was this reported?

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
also interesting that support for the club has actually increased this past year given how sh*te we’ve been in the past 15 months..

We hit peak bottom in the entire history of our Club this year and we still beat the neighbours. lol.

In fairness though Port has only been around since '97 we got a head start on them being established since 1990.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide

Thought this was interesting and shows were still about 3 times bigger than the other mob. About time we started flexing our muscles again.
Port consistently make the same mistake and it costs them on a national and state scale. That is every 10 years they seem to have this weird identity crises that for no reason whatsoever they decide to have a call to arms to the minor number of traditional magpie supporters. This always alienates they're wider supporter group who support other Sanfl clubs and other state league clubs.

To this day, I believe the biggest mistake was changing their premiership jumper. This screams they have no idea what there identity is and their constant bickering about wearing the magpie guernsey only reinforces this.

The 150 years celebration will only continue to drive their identity crises. If they stuck to their original identity they would definitely be a bigger club.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port consistently make the same mistake and it costs them on a national and state scale. That is every 10 years they seem to have this weird identity crises that for no reason whatsoever they decide to have a call to arms to the minor number of traditional magpie supporters. This always alienates they're wider supporter group who support other Sanfl clubs and other state league clubs.

To this day, I believe the biggest mistake was changing their premiership jumper. This screams they have no idea what there identity is and their constant bickering about wearing the magpie guernsey only reinforces this.

The 150 years celebration will only continue to drive their identity crises. If they stuck to their original identity they would definitely be a bigger club.

The best part of the celebration is that the Pies made sure they couldnt wear the SANFL s**t jumper.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Completely agree. I would say for the die hards, the numbers of Port fans would be similar to Crows.

but we have the more casual SA football fan. And that’s fine. We have the same number of passionate fans but this untapped pool of potentials.

Port are flying, and no one gives a s**t. Compare to 2017. The city was obsessed that year.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Completely agree. I would say for the die hards, the numbers of Port fans would be similar to Crows.

but we have the more casual SA football fan. And that’s fine. We have the same number of passionate fans but this untapped pool of potentials.

Port are flying, and no one gives a sh*t. Compare to 2017. The city was obsessed that year.

Even this year, I’m finding people are obsessing with how we’re travelling yet the Power are on top of the ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Port are flying, and no one gives a sh*t. Compare to 2017. The city was obsessed that year.

Its because they are not even clear premiership favourites unlike how we were in 2017. Not many people are actually expecting them to win the premiership (for us in 2017 we were most peoples tip for the flag for almost the entire season) - for better or worse.

Geelong last year and Freo in 2015 are similar to Port this year in that while they are finishing top they aren't even close to being the hot, in top form side heading into the finals series. That goes to Richmond/Geelong.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its because they are not even clear premiership favourites unlike how we were in 2017. Not many people are actually expecting them to win the premiership (for us in 2017 we were most peoples tip for the flag for almost the entire season) - for better or worse.

Geelong last year and Freo in 2015 are similar to Port this year in that while they are finishing top they aren't even close to being the hot, in top form side heading into the finals series. That goes to Richmond/Geelong.
Looking back, that was a funny season.

Can't believe we were only 1.5 wins better than them. They lost the infamous first final to Shuey, who then got smashed by GWS, who were smashed by us the week before, and smashed by us the week after.

Us and Richmond were untouchable all finals, until the GF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back