2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Key defender can easily be found in State league ( SANFL and WAFL ) . Collins , Tom Stewart, GCS trade in record is not that impressive why waste time trade in where you can get delisted players for free. I would rather get Deboer,Collins type in the draft with minimum salary than trade in GHS,hombsch type.

Player manager (FA) just advertising their player , GCS don't need to take any player during trade in , those players can still be available in draft day .Do a jack Martin on other team .

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yeah fair enough. The big yank was able to run and take a bounce against a 20yo playing his 9th game. A fair achievement for a 29yo American whose only played 62 games in a sport foreign to him..and who only stood 16cm taller and 13kgs heavier. However they did have one thing in common...they both wear the 46.

And in 2018

Mason Cox’s incredible three-goal quarter puts Collingwood in the box seat against Richmond

He did that against a back line including Rance Grimes Astbury........all having played a few more games than 9.

I just think you're being a bit tough on a 20yo kid.

And I wouldn't take Hartigan either.

Sep 25, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
OKC, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I think this season has taught us we need a bigger KPD who can go up against the big boys. We are more than set on intercepting players between Collins, Ballard, Powell and Bowes but still need that big lockdown type.

Unfortunately the market is quite slim pickings for this type of player.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Looking at Fremantle missing KPD through injuries , they actually quite good against Collingwood, Melbourne. With Luke Ryan playing on some of the key forward . All this bigger body stuff is create by myth . Balta from Richmond is same age as Ballard , those multiple second round pick to Eagles is pretty costly in hindsight.

Last edited:
Yeah fair enough. The big yank was able to run and take a bounce against a 20yo playing his 9th game. A fair achievement for a 29yo American whose only played 62 games in a sport foreign to him..and who only stood 16cm taller and 13kgs heavier. However they did have one thing in common...they both wear the 46.

And in 2018

Mason Cox’s incredible three-goal quarter puts Collingwood in the box seat against Richmond

He did that against a back line including Rance Grimes Astbury........all having played a few more games than 9.

I just think you're being a bit tough on a 20yo kid.

And I wouldn't take Hartigan either.
I remember.
I was at that game. Front row. A game he couldn't replicate. Last night was prob his best game since 2018. Just not consistent enough. But what can I expect from someone who didn't know what AFL was before 2014, and is almost 30.

Gerard says De Goey isn't worth north of 700, robbo thinks 6-700 upto 900k with incentives. Darcy Moore is also out of contract wanting his slice of pie.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
Darcy's contract will be formalised soon.
Jordy literally wins games off his own foot, more than worth it. If you believe the media, was on 800k for the last 2 years anyway. For someone 24 years old, I've no issue giving him 900k. 2 years. Takes him for FA. Moore will do the same. 2 years. Its smart from the club and the players. in 2022, the salary cap should be improved. In the short term the club can work around other contracts.

Priorities after these two are Daicos and Mihochek (I would put Daicos ahead, but thats just me... but Mihochek has been brilliant, and does deserve his pay packet. On rookie wages apparantely.)

I’m hearing some exit meetings already been had..

anyone hear anything?
I’d expect a fairly large list of guys not going around again
before the last round? That unusual? I suppose wouldnt be if you know they arent playing.

Wonder if that might explain why Brodie hasn't been playing scratch matches lately..

Schods

Senior List
Apr 21, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Done an analysis for the list, pre-trades

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200916-015415_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20200916-015415_Samsung Notes.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 90
Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Darcy's contract will be formalised soon.
Jordy literally wins games off his own foot, more than worth it. If you believe the media, was on 800k for the last 2 years anyway. For someone 24 years old, I've no issue giving him 900k. 2 years. Takes him for FA. Moore will do the same. 2 years. Its smart from the club and the players. in 2022, the salary cap should be improved. In the short term the club can work around other contracts.

Priorities after these two are Daicos and Mihochek (I would put Daicos ahead, but thats just me... but Mihochek has been brilliant, and does deserve his pay packet. On rookie wages apparantely.)
Mihocek's role in Collingwood's side makes so much more sense when De Goey plays. His salary is an interesting one. Who, if any, do you think will be on the move at the end of season from collingwood?

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
Wow, not sure if this is proactive or stupid.
Think its proactive, there is a lot of people on our list who shouldn't be here next year. Need to give them a head start into life after football or finding a new team.
Pretty common thing id reckon

Mihocek's role in Collingwood's side makes so much more sense when De Goey plays. His salary is an interesting one. Who, if any, do you think will be on the move at the end of season from collingwood?

There will be retirements that will clear up some space. I'd imagine. Reid/Dunn/Varcoe? Delistments of fair of fringe players out of contract. Probably Broomhead, Wills, maybe Atu. Shaz may be traded. Settling Beams' contract may spare up some cash. Appleby may be delisted.
I'd imagine there will be a bit of turnover. Then there are the two irish boys, not sure what they are doing about them. I'd imagine will keep Mark Keane.

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What would Scharenberg be worth? He could play Bowes position very well
There will be retirements that will clear up some space. I'd imagine. Reid/Dunn/Varcoe? Delistments of fair of fringe players out of contract. Probably Broomhead, Wills, maybe Atu. Shaz may be traded. Settling Beams' contract may spare up some cash. Appleby may be delisted.
I'd imagine there will be a bit of turnover. Then there are the two irish boys, not sure what they are doing about them. I'd imagine will keep Mark Keane.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Back