Mason Wood (RFA)

Matthew MacGuinness

Paul Ahern

Sam Durdin

Taylor Garner (RFA)

Tom Murphy

Tristan Xerri - Signed through 2022

Will Walker

The way I read this list, is that we will sign the players up that we want - hence the re-signings of Taylor, Scott & Xerri. The only other player I would consider signing is Bonar. I'd like to keep Brown, but he has value and it's really up to him whether he wants to stay or not. I also love the hardness that Jed brings to his game, but his disposal is terrible, we need good users of the ball. All of the others, are footballers that haven't made the most of their opportunities / are injury prone / just lack the skills.

We can't afford to carry 6-7 guys on our list, that are constantly injured and hope after a couple of years that can build on what they showed glimpses of prior to their injuries.

But of course, we'll offer new contracts to half the list, just so we can have the same conservation next year, and hopefully the new players we bring into the club can push these guys out.

The way I read this list, is that we will sign the players up that we want - hence the re-signings of Taylor, Scott & Xerri. The only other player I would consider signing is Bonar. I'd like to keep Brown, but he has value and it's really up to him whether he wants to stay or not. I also love the hardness that Jed brings to his game, but his disposal is terrible, we need good users of the ball. All of the others, are footballers that haven't made the most of their opportunities / are injury prone / just lack the skills.

We can't afford to carry 6-7 guys on our list, that are constantly injured and hope after a couple of years that can build on what they showed glimpses of prior to their injuries.

But of course, we'll offer new contracts to half the list, just so we can have the same conservation next year, and hopefully the new players we bring into the club can push these guys out.

Brady is going to have a field day culling kangaroos.... ;)

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brady is going to have a field day culling kangaroos.... ;)
But do you really think brady will keep a 26yr old with 40 odd games and a massive injury history on the list? Just an example but North have a lot of these guys on the list list and their not what you want if you're moving towards a premiership or building for the future. Every list spot is gold at this point; sentimentality or not.

But do you really think brady will keep a 26yr old with 40 odd games and a massive injury history on the list? Just an example but North have a lot of these guys on the list list and their not what you want if you're moving towards a premiership or building for the future. Every list spot is gold at this point; sentimentality or not.
Brady will get rid of heaps of players who he feels wont be helping North and the injured players including the ones with talent are going to be on his list...sentimentality wont be part of his descision...

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Another club has offered him a longer deal.

This Kyron?

1600169217417.png

I'm sensing brinkmanship if it's true.

Who is the alleged club?

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Might be a family thing for Kyron, I think he's from WA right?
Would love him finishing his career and develop at North, but if he goes I wish him all the best.

Would we get to trade with Freo or we lose him for nothing? If we trade, who would we want from them of equivalent value? Or even higher value if we threw in draft picks?
I did like some of their players on the weekend and over the season.
Lose for nothing apparently. Anyone who has been delisted becomes a delisted free agent when out of contract. We have delisted and then rookied him so that rule applies.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lose for nothing apparently. Anyone who has been delisted becomes a delisted free agent when out of contract. We have delisted and then rookied him so that rule applies.

He can only go into the draft though, he can't just nominate a club. So if he did want to leave and be sure he didn't end up at Adelaide, then he would need to request a trade.

Back