2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who's the fierce rival with the big offer for Smith?

Would have to be Cats or Dons you'd think?
Would have to be you’d think.

The Preuss interest surprises me a little, but not at all at the same time.

Yeah! Just like we traded out Trent croad and McPharlin to load up in 2001 draft. Or traded out Thompson to allow us to get Lewis in 2004z

Oh, wait....that turned out alright. Maybe we’re not Melbourne?

Hahaha I get this point however the value picks hold these days is seemingly so much higher than it was back then.

We trade Nathan Lonie and a mentally cooked jonathon hay for pick 14&18.

Trading Gunston/Bruest these days imo wouldn’t net us anywhere near the same value as it would 15 years ago

While it is a bit of fun, I really dont like the lottery for the AFL. Our game should be held up as the standard worldwide for equity, introducing a lottery will make a mess of it.

We are always talking about priority picks for teams that are struggling. Imagine if GC instead landed pick 18 instead of pick 2, and Richmond landed Rowell? Would GC get more priority picks this year too?

Tanking is not a big enough issue for the entire draft to be upended. The inevitable final 10 will discourage it more.
Mr Meeseeks, the idea of a lottery is just for the teams that miss the finals. Richmond would not be a part of it.

Please re-read my post: only teams who end up from 9th to 18th get a shot in the lottery.

That said: you have made me reconsider the multiplier from 1 to 2.

100 balls and the 18th team gets 19 balls, the 17th team gets 17 balls, the 16th team gets 15 balls all the way down to the 9th team getting 1 ball.
That seems more equitable.

Big Boy on the way out?
Is this a question asking for information? Or knowledge! Damn I hope Ben is all in for the next few years.

For mine, in all ways McEvoy should be our next captain.
1: When we need something on the field, be it down back, up forward or in the centre, we look to McEvoy.
2: He seems a very personable guy
3: He is well respected by all and would represent the club well.

Hahaha I get this point however the value picks hold these days is seemingly so much higher than it was back then.

We trade Nathan Lonie and a mentally cooked jonathon hay for pick 14&18.

Trading Gunston/Bruest these days imo wouldn’t net us anywhere near the same value as it would 15 years ago
Probably True... Gunston/Bruest are awesome and not likely to net us the same current quality of player. If one come near them then that would be good.

The only question is whether holding on to them to their end ... as we slowly fade into a NorthMelbournelikeobscurity (word-run intendedJ is the right decision for the club or player.

The trade deal seems fair but the possible draft picks do nothing to bolster our crap midfield.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed in part... Braun looks dynamic in the forward roll and as a mid... but he has no tank. As far as a I can tell he seems either bored or not committed to being an elite sportsman.

Recent events may have focused his mind... or not.

Last years group of hopefulls were obvious a year or 2 out.

Now that the Hawks have a pick or 5... ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK I'm ready to get howled for this but here I go.
If we do trade either Punky or Gunners the club would be negligent for not asking for 2 x 1st rounders for each.
Both still have at least 3-4 years (good chance of more) of top quality football life in them.
In a side with good forward 50 systems 45+ forwards each of them. A rare commodity!

OK I'm ready to get howled for this but here I go.
If we do trade either Punky or Gunners the club would be negligent for not asking for 2 x 1st rounders for each.
Both still have at least 3-4 years (good chance of more) of top quality football life in them.
In a side with good forward 50 systems 45+ forwards each of them. A rare commodity!
Gunner is definitely worth 2 firsts.

We sould be trading the following players to get more picks. We should have started our re-build 3 years ago.
Luke Breust - End of first rounder for the right buyer - Carlon, Geelong ??
Jack Gunston - End of first rounder for the right buyer - Geelong, Essendon
Chad Wingard - First rounder for the right buyer - Carlton
Isaac Smith (Free Agent) Potentually package Wingard and Smith for Carltons first pick.
Fair enough, you have had your fair share of criticism. It is interesting that you have left the midfield intact. That midfield on paper looks formidable.
They will be able to match it with the best in terms of winning the ball- Worpel, Mitchell, Shiel, JOM with Finn / Downie added in. To be fair to your
comments, even if club asks the question of the players, it does not mean they will want to move or a trade could be facilitated.

Main area that would be weakened is forward line, will have Paton/Lewis/TOB with new comers Walker/ Hanrahan. You would think could not get
much worse than bottom 4, even we had those players in this year. Most people want some level of experience to guide younger guys and slow
transition.

What would you do with those picks? would you target under 23 years old like Impey/Scrimshaw type from other clubs or go to the draft. One theory is to bottom out for 3-5 years, hit the draft and once have a nucleus, trade to get other players from other clubs, it will be a lengthy process.

Is this a question asking for information? Or knowledge! Damn I hope Ben is all in for the next few years.

1: When we need something on the field, be it down back, up forward or in the centre, we look to McEvoy.
We should have made McEvoy captain 2 years ago
We‘ve missed the boat now

There are no stand-out replacements, so we will default to O’Meara without a doubt

Gunston withdrew from the leadership group, and he would have been my choice, but seems he isn’t interested

We should have made McEvoy captain 2 years ago
We‘ve missed the boat now

There are no stand-out replacements, so we will default to O’Meara without a doubt

Gunston withdrew from the leadership group, and he would have been my choice, but seems he isn’t interested
Got a feeling Gunner will take it if offered to him.

There is but he's too young atm. JOM for my choice but I can see the merit in choosing Gunner instead. Who knows, it might even straighten up his kicking?

Got a feeling Gunner will take it if offered to him.

complete conjecture and this isn't the right thread for it but it felt like maybe Jack cracked the shits a little bit when it went to Stratts instead of him

that + him being a swingman really ****ed with his form and mentality last year, so he dropped out of the leadership group to focus on his footy

continuity in playing forward + getting over the snub has resulted in imo a career-best year

anyway could be complete nonsense, but body language suggests he still wants to be a leader and his efforts onfield sure do too

Big Boy on the way out?

Certainly wasn't knowledge, mate.

Just makes sense. Big Boy can't play Ruck (even in shortened games, in a shortened season) - even when we desperately need(ed) him to. To think that this week magically get better this off-season is probs pretty fanciful.

And he can't play KPD. He's certainly held his head high & hasn't been crap (has against the real mobile forwards, but not crap as such), but he's no better than average & us playing him there has contributed to our inability to clear the ball from defence.

So move him on for a 3rd & use that to pay for Downie or package it to try to get another Pick in the 1st.

Happy to hear we are interested in Preuss. I think he is a great target for us.

Not a star but ruckmen peak late. He's 25 and spent his career learning from Goldstein and Gawn. He's big and aggressive.

What would be a fair deal for Dees?

As a free agent I would take Corr. If we landed him, i'd move Frawley on.

As much as I hate them and would hate to strengthen them, Geelong is a club worth trading with if our priority is (as it must be) to improve Hawthorn. They have 3 first round picks and are all in on trying to win premierships with Dangerfield, Hawkins, Selwood, Duncan etc. If we have good players who do not want to hang around for the rebuild, it's an avenue to explore where we might get overs. If they won't pay overs for contracted players, we tell them to get stuffed.

As much as I hate them and would hate to strengthen them, Geelong is a club worth trading with if our priority is (as it must be) to improve Hawthorn. They have 3 first round picks and are all in on trying to win premierships with Dangerfield, Hawkins, Selwood, Duncan etc. If we have good players who do not want to hang around for the rebuild, it's an avenue to explore where we might get overs. If they won't pay overs for contracted players, we tell them to get stuffed.
Unfortunately we'd have to gift them a flag for our long term benefit. Such a dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back