Prediction We will Play Finals

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Genuine hypothetical dilemma for me. Would love to see us win a flag this season but I can't help but shake the idea that the feeling would be empty, not being there to see it etc

Yep me to but I really cannot see us doing it this season. Win one final would the best we can do. Our bottom 6 are just not good enough this season. English and Naughton are still developing plus Bruce has been a major let down. Next season be really disappointed if we are not top 4 and challenging.

Last edited:

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Genuine hypothetical dilemma for me. Would love to see us win a flag this season but I can't help but shake the idea that the feeling would be empty, not being there to see it etc
This idea sounds foreign to me considering I'm an interstate fan, and have never had the opportunity to witness the Dogs in Melbourne (2016 was my final year in uni, so definitely couldn't afford to go).

Wouldn't make a difference this year for me - only hollow part about it is how different this season is to any other thanks to COVID

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep me to but I really cannot see us doing it this season. Win one final would the best we can do. Our bottom 6 are just not good enough this season. English and Naughton are still developing plus Bruce has been a major let down. Next season be really disappointed if we are not top 4 and challenging.
Can't see us winning it either, but would be very happy if we managed to get to the SF at least.

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This idea sounds foreign to me considering I'm an interstate fan, and have never had the opportunity to witness the Dogs in Melbourne (2016 was my final year in uni, so definitely couldn't afford to go).

Wouldn't make a difference this year for me - only hollow part about it is how different this season is to any other thanks to COVID
Fair enough, I've been fortunate to grow up having a Dogs membership and live in the city, so watching us in finals has never been an issue for me. Was only 15 in the 2016 flag so it helps having your ticket purchased for you!

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's not very Optimistic, Dog (but maybe realistic)

Kennel Master

All Australian
Sep 8, 2003
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Is it just me but I think Bruce's form has been on the up over the last few games.
He has started clunking some marks. Still needs to kick better certainly.
I think using him in the ruck has freed his mind up a bit.
I'm expecting him to become important over the next few weeks.
It helps having Naughton there and they are becoming better together.
I sometimes see Tom Boyd when I see Bruce. The thick black hair, #17, big body.
Let's hope he has a breakout finals series like Tom did.
Just call me Optimistic Kennel Master!!

KM

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is it just me but I think Bruce's form has been on the up over the last few games.

KM

He's been better past 2 weeks. Certainly is starting to take 2-3 strong contested marks per game.

All he has to do this year is be physical, take those 2-3 big marks per game and obviously cut the 2-3 mistakes out. Next year is his aim is to lose 3-4 kg's. You would presume either a 2nd ruck will come in or Bev will at least trial Naught/Bruce/JUH so he was to be mobile.

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So the way I see it, these are the results that we should be cheering for on the weekend

Eagles to beat Kangaroos
St Kilda to beat GWS
Essendon to beat Dees (I'm about to throw up)
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies
Think I'd prefer to play GWS in the first final if that's possible.

Do we want that to happen or is it just for amusement?

One way to guarantee not having to play the Eagles in Perth is for them not to finish 5.
It's a slim chance of that happening, but the only way it can happen is if they at least beat Nth.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors

KM
Nice post. I think old Bruzzeee may surprise us, come finals.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If all the favourites win this round, we end up meeting StKilda in the finals. That's best case scenario for mine.

Problem is there always seems to be an upset or two in the final round 🤔

So the way I see it, these are the results that we should be cheering for on the weekend

Eagles to beat Kangaroos
St Kilda to beat GWS
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies

Eagles to beat Kangaroos - TICK
St Kilda to beat GWS
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies

cherrypie

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Honestly think playing West Coast is best case scenario for us. Collingwood and St Kilda match up well against us and the Eagles have been in pretty poor form.

Shuey and Jetta will probably be back for the first week of finals but McGovern, Kennedy, Yeo, Hutchings and Redden all seem unlikely.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A little off-topic, but talk of last Round draws being the perfect outcome make me reminisce about 1976 .

We played ladder leaders Carlton at Princes Park. A draw got them top spot and got us into the finals. The result? 15.17.107 v 15.17.107.

bullruckle81

Senior List
Mar 24, 2008
Japan
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m trying to work out who I’m barracking for tonight.
So I’m thinking (as long as the bullies get it done on Sunday) if the Saints win tonight, we’ll play them. But if the saints lose, we’ll line up against the Pies? That’s correct isn’t it?
Which do you guys think would be better for us?

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’m trying to work out who I’m barracking for tonight.
So I’m thinking (as long as the bullies get it done on Sunday) if the Saints win tonight, we’ll play them. But if the saints lose, we’ll line up against the Pies? That’s correct isn’t it?
Which do you guys think would be better for us?

Yes would prefer to play saints this can happen with a draw or a win tonight by the saints a pies loss and bulldogs win.

Back