Opinion Changes vs. Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to be in front by 5 points and umpies pay a dodgy free kick on the final siren in a massively lopsided free kick count in favour of the wobblers 30 metres out and the shot hits the post. Now there's your Furfy Pirate Life Prison Bar Ale moment.

The game was iced. Why risk him? Dumb call imo.
If there was a clear indication of an injury, of course! But the player says "I only have cramp" and you pull him? Well on a cold rainy night, you will end up with 10 players on the bench! Clurey insisted he only had cramp ... they get a massage and play though that.

Would love to be in front by 5 points and umpies pay a dodgy free kick on the final siren in a massively lopsided free kick count in favour of the wobblers 30 metres out and the shot hits the post. Now there's your Furfy Pirate Life Prison Bar Ale moment.
That's (sort of) already happened - in 2002 when Anthony Rocca missed a shot at the end to tie the game and we won by 5 points. Also remembered as the Kane Cornes - Brodie Holland finger game.

That's (sort of) already happened - in 2002 when Anthony Rocca missed a shot at the end to tie the game and we won by 5 points. Also remembered as the Kane Cornes - Brodie Holland finger game.

If I recall correctly, directly over the goalpost he kicked it. Collingwood fans will swear black and blue it was a goal but they were kidding themselves.

Collingwood have had the hardest draw this year by a considerable margin. Our rest days vs opponent's rest days is almost absurdly rigged. We have also played Brisbane, WCE, Freo, Adelaide and GWS at their home grounds. The myth that we get easy draws is easily disproved if you look at actual facts.

Ironic username.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interesting Monty mentioned Garner as well. Probably shapes as one of the most interesting selection decisions of the year.

I reckon we'll bring in Hoff or Lienert but nothing would shock me.

If Watts, Bergman or Garner is selected I think you will be shocked. I know I will be because nothing the coaches have done all year would point to this.

If Watts, Bergman or Garner is selected I think you will be shocked. I know I will be because nothing the coaches have done all year would point to this.

Counterpoint - we haven't played a game this year with so little on the line.

Counterpoint - we haven't played a game this year with so little on the line.

Whoever we bring in would also have to be prepared to finals if the opportunity comes up. Bringing in a guy for his first game of the year, only to be dropped again, is nonsensical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to be very cross if they don't pick Watts now after throwing his name out there. I need that sexy #23 in my life.

Watts will be the Toby Thurstans of the 2020 Grand Final.

Lol, we of all teams should know how little finishing top matters.
Yea I can remember Choco making a big deal out of a minor prem. one year. Then we were knocked out in straight sets. Means jack if you don't back it up. It gives you a great platform so let's see where it takes us this year. My minimum tick would be a close fought loss in a prelim. I want more but you know the song.

With an in form Degoey and also Cox reaching new heights, this shapes up as a real test for our defence. Might tell us a lot about our finals chances.

Yeah, I'll be stoked if any of them get a call up. Odds are Hoff 50%, Leinert 40%, Sutcliffe as a KPD 5% and the rest 5% between them though.

Yeah, I'll be stoked if any of them get a call up. Odds are Hoff 50%, Leinert 40%, Sutcliffe as a KPD 5% and the rest 5% between them though.
Anyone they've 'mentioned' wont be picked. They are just reminding people they exist.

Left field thought- rest Hartlett or Jonas and pick both Watts and Lienert. Have them spend time on a variety of Collingwood forwards- DeGoey, Mihocek, Cox, Grundy- let them know they are competing against each other for the position of back up key defender.

Our key defence depth has worried me all year and with only one game to go, we need to know straight away who can best fill in if we lose a key defender for a final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back