Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a period we didn’t have a recognized full forward after Pav retired.
I don’t consider that having 3 (Hogan, Tabs and Lobb) meant that we have excess in this department and have the luxury to offload even 1. Even if we don’t consider injury or do down in form (both which we had), I think JLo’s gameplan would require all 3 on the field.
I totally agree. Let’s look at west coast who have one of the most potent forward lines. Darling, Kennedy,Allen, waterman have played all in the same team at times. But normally just the first 3. At some point we will have injuries too as you say.

Neale saw problems within the club that Bell and now JLo are cleaning up. Neale is a professional, and rightly so went where he saw himself being more successful as a footballer. Financials were never an important, just a bonus in the move.
I hope so. It hurt when he left. I'm still greaving 😂
😄😪

I listened to Duff and Quarters. They just think that there is some "mutual frustration" around Jesse not being in the team at times this year and we are not actively offering him, but would consider decent offers for him (ie first round). It is pretty much what I was saying earlier in the season.

I am currently leaning more towards wanting to keep him now as I reckon something has turned for him in the last few weeks. Of course that ignores the foot but I guess you just have to hope a little with that one.

This language from JL re hogan next year is far from committal. I don’t like it at all. He’s contracted for next year so I don’t see why not.. (re playing with us)

This language from JL re hogan next year is far from committal. I don’t like it at all. He’s contracted for next year so I don’t see why not.. (re playing with us)

How is "he's contracted, in the side and playing his role so I don't see why not" not committal?

How is "he's contracted, in the side and playing his role so I don't see why not" not committal?

Yeh wasn’t very definitive. He could have said Hogan is a big part of our future and the game style we want to play, he’s contracted and won’t be going anywhere.

Unfortunately not committing, I desperately hope he stays and plays the footy he was playing at his peak at Melbourne

It’s about as non committal as it comes. Surprised you can’t see that. It’s a token line. It appears they have clashed behind the scenes. You can see why hogan would have been frustrated. I think the fact that the club put hogan up for a post match interview is a good sign though.

I listened to Duff and Quarters. They just think that there is some "mutual frustration" around Jesse not being in the team at times this year and we are not actively offering him, but would consider decent offers for him (ie first round). It is pretty much what I was saying earlier in the season.

I am currently leaning more towards wanting to keep him now as I reckon something has turned for him in the last few weeks. Of course that ignores the foot but I guess you just have to hope a little with that one.
The speculation just sounds like muck raking to me.

I just have a bad feeling it’s the whole Croad for pick 1 again 😩

Croad didn’t work out for us and returned to Hawthorn for a premiership, while missed out on Hodge.

We missed out on Ben King for Hogan. Just as Hogan is showing signs of improvement we trade him?😳

Remember we got Marcus Drum in return for Croad so getting a consolation high pick back isn’t necessarily the answer.

You’re all jumping at shadows. He’s back home close to family on big coin and being a contract year next year and hopefully putting the foot and calf injuries behind him, he can have a off-field incident free preseason and be primed to go Rd 1 next year.

We have one of the most exciting developing lists in the AFL, why would you want to leave when we’re about to embark on arguably the most exciting time in our club history?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree all I heard JL say was “he’s contracted and in the side at the moment so I don’t see why not”

Think there is a bit of jumping at shadows going on. Don’t get caught up with click bait rubbish that the likes of Cornes and Crumpets throw out. Sounds a like a perfect breakfast radio show - Corns and Crumpets

I agree all I heard JL say was “he’s contracted and in the side at the moment so I don’t see why not”

Think there is a bit of jumping at shadows going on. Don’t get caught up with click bait rubbish that the likes of Cornes and Crumpets throw out. Sounds a like a perfect breakfast radio show - Corns and Crumpets
With the amount of egg on their faces over the years I think you are onto something there

I just have a bad feeling it’s the whole Croad for pick 1 again 😩

Croad didn’t work out for us and returned to Hawthorn for a premiership, while missed out on Hodge.

We missed out on Ben King for Hogan. Just as Hogan is showing signs of improvement we trade him?😳

Remember we got Marcus Drum in return for Croad so getting a consolation high pick back isn’t necessarily the answer.
Maybe it is more like that than you know. Adelaide fan Hogan, if offered $1,000,000 a year for six years to lead their next rebuild, that's a trade for pick #1

Or maybe they know Hogan could let himself down over the break, or his body could let him down and it changes everything.

I wouldn't be putting money on Hogan playing a full season next year anywhere, let alone with us. Unless someone else wants to offer him a huge deal to leave in which case we bleed them dry.

Maybe it is more like that than you know. Adelaide fan Hogan, if offered $1,000,000 a year for six years to lead their next rebuild, that's a trade for pick #1

Or maybe they know Hogan could let himself down over the break, or his body could let him down and it changes everything.

I wouldn't be putting money on Hogan playing a full season next year anywhere, let alone with us. Unless someone else wants to offer him a huge deal to leave in which case we bleed them dry.
I’m just worried about the future state of our forward line if he leaves. If lobb or tabs go down we are back to what we had!

I’m just worried about the future state of our forward line if he leaves. If lobb or tabs go down we are back to what we had!
Given the discussion from JL on getting another forward/ruckman I'd be more worried that Lobb was shifting to another club.

You're right that if we lose a mature tall and don't draft a player ready to play against men in the same role, then get an injury which we have had plenty of - then we are in trouble.

If we lost Hogan for the pick that secured us McDonald, then we replace a player plus $500,000 salary cap.

But I'd rather keep Hogan

I think more than likely Jesse stays but JLo has made his intentions pretty clear about running a tight ship.

He's said with his actions and most probably words a few times this season,"Ball is in your court".

I hope Jesse stays and the likelihood of him staying is at about 75%-80% but it's not a certainty imo.

It’s about as non committal as it comes. Surprised you can’t see that. It’s a token line. It appears they have clashed behind the scenes. You can see why hogan would have been frustrated. I think the fact that the club put hogan up for a post match interview is a good sign though.

Hogan got a rocket from the coaching staff for his behaviour in the scratch matches because he was getting frustrated. That is just a sign of a guy who really wants to succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back