Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I wouldn't be against working out a deal that sent Broad & Pickett to Fremantle for Duman & Tucker

Duman is a 193cm/83kg 22 year old 3rd tall defender who has played 14 games this year averaging 11 disposals 4 marks 5 intercept possessions he would be someone we could train up as a long term Grimes replacement. Granted the kid isn't a big name that you'd expect, but he appeals to me as someone that Blair would be interested in as a smart acquisition that helps us maintain our success.

Tucker has already been linked by T71 along with Pickett heading back home, so a swap that sees them pick up a ready to go midfielder should see us pick up a younger replacement like Tucker who could slip into the 22 down the track. Again not a big name like a Cerra but again we've already identified him as a target so being able to pick him up for Pickett leaving will do me.

Hamsatma

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Personally I wouldn't be against working out a deal that sent Broad & Pickett to Fremantle for Duman & Tucker

Duman is a 193cm/83kg 22 year old 3rd tall defender who has played 14 games this year averaging 11 disposals 4 marks 5 intercept possessions he would be someone we could train up as a long term Grimes replacement. Granted the kid isn't a big name that you'd expect, but he appeals to me as someone that Blair would be interested in as a smart acquisition that helps us maintain our success.

Tucker has already been linked by T71 along with Pickett heading back home, so a swap that sees them pick up a ready to go midfielder should see us pick up a younger replacement like Tucker who could slip into the 22 down the track. Again not a big name like a Cerra but again we've already identified him as a target so being able to pick him up for Pickett leaving will do me.
Not sure freo would be interested in Broad, they're pretty flush with tall defenders. Like that deal for us though, good opportunity to refresh our defensive stocks and there wouldn't be much pressure on the position if it doesn't work out

McTiger

Senior List
Sep 24, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Demons throwing big $$ at Saad - 600k a year.
And Bumbers will contemplate replacing Daniher with Tom McDonald ( on 700k a year with 3 years to run on his contract)

Love trade period, particularly any trades involving Dodoro 😂
I have heard that Saad has had a falling out with Rutten and has requested a trade to Hawthorn.

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Merrett is the player i would take from the Bombers
I don't say this too often about AFL footballers, as it is the toughest sport out there, but it would be a no from me on Merrett, he is genuinely scared of physical contact to a point i actually feel sorry for him. He shirks way too many contests. Young McGrath on the other hand, I would take him in a heartbeat, but Essendon wouldn't be stupid enough to let him go.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
The talk is that list sizes are going to be either 38 senior/2 rookies/2 cat B or 40/2/2.

This won't actually impact us that much because the cuts seem to be all coming off the rookie list.

Our current rookie list is:
Baker
Chol
Pickett
Aarts
Egg
Stack

We'll also have an extra rookie spot if we choose to put Soldo on the inactive list for 2021.

Baker and Chol will move to the senior list. Pickett is looking like heading to Freo. Aarts will be retained on the rookie list and Egg may be retained or traded/delisted to make a spot for a rookie pick in the draft (MJ?)

With Stack I would offer him up the last rookie spot created by Soldo's injury, just to let him know how close he was to being let go.

The talk is that list sizes are going to be either 38 senior/2 rookies/2 cat B or 40/2/2.

This won't actually impact us that much because the cuts seem to be all coming off the rookie list.

Baker
Chol
Pickett
Aarts
Egg
Stack

We'll also have an extra rookie spot if we choose to put Soldo on the inactive list for 2021.

Baker and Chol will move to the senior list. Pickett is looking like heading to Freo. Aarts will be retained on the rookie list and Egg may be retained or traded/delisted to make a spot for a rookie pick in the draft (MJ?)

With Stack I would offer him up the last rookie spot created by Soldo's injury, just to let him know how close he was to being let go.

If those rumours are right then we're fine. The stuff about going to 35 or 36 places was nuts. We're lose players that we want to keep. But that creates opportunities for us to trade good players too. S we'll see what we can bring in. Hopefully GWS's salary issues get someone loose that we really want, and we can make it work.

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
there are so many variables, the geelong game is one of many things that will play a part

- if saints win tonight, our path to top 4 is much easier;
- pies beat port last game and we beat geelong friday we could still cop port in adelaide first week..... but if port win we would play lions at the gabba
- pies beat port and we lose to geelong we would finish 4th and play lions (if they win out) first week at the gabba

etc, etc
I like the look of Zerk Thatcher from the bombers. I reckon he needs like a guiding influence and he will become a star.
are you kidding me BZT looks lost, slow, i don't want him anywhere near out great club

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

Baker
Chol
Pickett
Aarts
Egg
Stack

From what I have heard and I said this awhile back. My mates have told me the mail is they will phase the change in spread over a few years. I don't it will be cut by much this off season

Bit of a one trick pony but it's a good pick

Markov seems pretty similar?

I hope we can get a season or 2 more out of houli..

Would rather Markov. Better overhead and a MUCH better kick.

69vintage

Premiership Player
Jan 15, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

Duman looks a real prospect .
Is athletic and looks like he has footy smarts .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

From what I have heard and I said this awhile back. My mates have told me the mail is they will phase the change in spread over a few years. I don't it will be cut by much this off season

I don't get the list size cuts. Yes saves some money. But screws up the ability to manage a mature list + kids. Short term thinking by the AFL.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
I don't get the list size cuts. Yes saves some money. But screws up the ability to manage a mature list + kids. Short term thinking by the AFL.
I think their logic is that they want AFL lists to be mainly ready-to-go, with kids developing at lower levels. It's the stars that make the AFL money, not the developing kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back