Prediction Changes: Round 18 Vs Bulldogs + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yer blood some more youth. Nothing to lose. Plus if dogs win there best shot to play and hopefully send the scum home early

Seems like the freo trainers and development coaches tried to bulk him up to play like chris Judd. Mark Harvey coached hill for the 1st 3 seasons.

Played all 22 games in 2009, his debut season.

Played 23 outof 24 games in 2010 the year we made the semis. 22 normal games and 2 finals.

Played All 22 games in 2011. Remarkable considering everyone was dropping like flies around him as players were injured late in the season.

Yeah was crazy he played 89 games in his 1st 4 years as I mentioned. He played 67 out of a possible 68 games under Mark Harvey from 2009-11. Maybe Harvey gave him some lee way in the development end as he was only 68 kg when he started.

Ross Lyons methods was different obviously. You wonder what would of been If Ross Lyon changed his ways to make Stephen Hill a different player. Just focus on his pace rather then let him try to bulk up rapidly.
I'll stand guilty on Hill as well.
I thought he had the makings of a great tagger who would be able to run off his man & destroy the oppo. I just saw him as being natural inside, but I see that I was wrong there.
As for the upcoming game, I want at least Valente & hopefully Meek & North in, just so we can see what they can do, & I also want Watson to stay. I like him a lot in our team.
7 man bench anyone?

I'll stand guilty on Hill as well.
I thought he had the makings of a great tagger who would be able to run off his man & destroy the oppo. I just saw him as being natural inside, but I see that I was wrong there.
As for the upcoming game, I want at least Valente & hopefully Meek & North in, just so we can see what they can do, & I also want Watson to stay. I like him a lot in our team.
7 man bench anyone?
A great tagger... what a waste that would have been.

Do you think Mundy & Hill should be 'managed' to allow some youth like Valente & Pina/Thomas to have a run given it's the last game and no finals chance?
I would agree with this approach but Jlo seems to want to play the best side. So can’t see it. Maybe a can be for one debutant. Valente if anyone I’d say..

Do you think Mundy & Hill should be 'managed' to allow some youth like Valente & Pina/Thomas to have a run given it's the last game and no finals chance?

The time to do that was several games ago when we we had four games in a little over two weeks. It makes zero sense now. Which means it will probably happen :)

We supporters are always interested in seeing new additions to the team. At this time I doubt that there is anything to be gained by introducing any player who has not yet taken the field. Given the lack of match practice I can’t see that they could do justice to themselves or to the team. Even selecting Logue would be a stretch.
The likelihood of a Darcy vs English battle is of interest to me. Two players of similar age and experience but very different in style of play. Personally I prefer the English model of ruckman but of course would love to see Darcy prevail on Sunday.

We supporters are always interested in seeing new additions to the team. At this time I doubt that there is anything to be gained by introducing any player who has not yet taken the field. Given the lack of match practice I can’t see that they could do justice to themselves or to the team. Even selecting Logue would be a stretch.
The likelihood of a Darcy vs English battle is of interest to me. Two players of similar age and experience but very different in style of play. Personally I prefer the English model of ruckman but of course would love to see Darcy prevail on Sunday.
Spot on. Seems to me it's only ever supporters screaming to play youth and that's just to satisfy their own curiosity to see how they go. It has nothing to do with improving our chances of winning. When match committee selects a debutant you know they believe they are ready. I'll leave it to them to decide if Valente etc are ready and will improve the team.

Yer blood some more youth. Nothing to lose. Plus if dogs win there best shot to play and hopefully send the scum home early

The Eastern suburbs of Melbourne rumour got it wrong last week end with the bringinnorth campaign.Sadly non selection last week end and I would sadly say none for Tom this week end.Tough time for Tom and all these players in all clubs that are not playing 1's and the only way to push their claims for senior selections is on the training track or these scratch matches.

The Eastern suburbs of Melbourne rumour got it wrong last week end with the bringinnorth campaign.Sadly non selection last week end and I would sadly say none for Tom this week end.Tough time for Tom and all these players in all clubs that are not playing 1's and the only way to push their claims for senior selections is on the training track or these scratch matches.
Mate there is like 10 players that are in front of him for a midfield position. North has simply not done enough to get a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we don’t need to risk bringing Logue back for this game. They have Naughton but Bruce is the worst tall forward in the league getting a game this year. I’ve watched most of their games and he’s been really really bad

Surely we don’t need to risk bringing Logue back for this game. They have Naughton but Bruce is the worst tall forward in the league getting a game this year. I’ve watched most of their games and he’s been really really bad
Naughton hasn't been setting the world on fire either. Still clunking but misses sodas fairly often.

My point is how can he and the other 10.They are not playing for Peel.
My point is that you have been pushing for north to get a game for the last couple of week because you have a personal connection too him and it’s getting a little tiresome.
Freo have loads of depth in the midfield and north Has a bit of talent but hasn’t done enough this year and last to get a game.

from the sounds of it they'll only play Logue if they're certain that he's right and totally ready to play. if he's deemed totally fit to play then it'd be silly not to imo.

If you're fit you play.

Players could do a knee 1st day back in the pre-season.

They could do a Hamstring surfing.

Injuries happen but if a player is fit and available and best 22 they should play.

We are lucky to have the best fitness team in the AFL and will definitely go into round 1 without a single injury.

Think we've forgotten what its like to have depth.

Good players miss out, it sucks for them but you dont win flags with only 22 players.

If Logue and Conca are fit they play

How true. We can discuss this more in the off season (not trying to derail the thread) but think about the quality that will miss out next near if all defenders are up and firing.

Pierce
Hamming
Ryan
Logue
Cox
Wilson
Young
Conca
Hughes
SHill
Duman
Watson

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure we’re not gonna play 12 defenders in our best 22. Lol. You could almost pick 6 names out of a hat and have a solid squad. What a fantastic problem to have. Gonna have some good debates this offseason. Please footy injury gods be nice to us next year!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you related to North? He is well down the pecking order I’m afraid. Bailey Banfield is ahead of him and 100% likely to be delisted so the writing is on the wall for North. Valente is ahead of him also and been emergency the past 3-4 weeks. Valente would be close this week but will likely miss out with players like Conca and Logue potentially squeezed in. I would like them to find a spot for Valente to give him a taste but he will need to wait. I’m not sure what the thinking is on Meek - ie whether he is up to it or not. I feel he will get delisted and moved to rookie list.

North no chance and not even a discussion point.

Are you related to North? He is well down the pecking order I’m afraid. Bailey Banfield is ahead of him and 100% likely to be delisted so the writing is on the wall for North. Valente is ahead of him also and been emergency the past 3-4 weeks. Valente would be close this week but will likely miss out with players like Conca and Logue potentially squeezed in. I would like them to find a spot for Valente to give him a taste but he will need to wait. I’m not sure what the thinking is on Meek - ie whether he is up to it or not. I feel he will get delisted and moved to rookie list.

North no chance and not even a discussion point.
Wow that probably was his relative!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back