Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't get how * has trumped us for players.... beyond the drugs there surely must be something else back door being provided to these players! Sure we've not been great but at least we won a final 7 years ago, we have a great training ground, great history and a glorious jumper!

Don't know why Saad ever went to them! Shiel will regret being conned by Williams!
Wasn't there rumours of dodgy real estate investments off the books ... or was the the Tigers?

Remember Hird and Lloyd got something extra for a website or domain name, but then again * has dodgy going waaaay back.

But is he worth a 2nd or 3rd? Plays a blinding 2021, is he then not worth 2 x 1sts?

It's too damn early to trade a pick 3, 3 years in and has been injured.
You're in essence trading potential for an already proven great player. It depends what you're more comfortable doing; Keeping someone based on potential or trading that player for someone who's already proven to be very good.

I'd probably take the proven gun over a maybe gun that's not shown a whole lot. The extra first round pick is the insurance for the team giving up the already good player.

That was the intel from one of the ITK's. He wasn't top of the list, but essentially it looked like our valuations were poles apart from the outset and we didn't spend a lot of time on it, mainly due to working out a deal for Gibbs and Essendon's offer dwarfing ours.
Makes sense

Just don't get how * has trumped us for players.... beyond the drugs there surely must be something else back door being provided to these players! Sure we've not been great but at least we won a final 7 years ago, we have a great training ground, great history and a glorious jumper!

Don't know why Saad ever went to them! Shiel will regret being conned by Williams!

Being mid-ranged is always going to give you an advantage over being a bottom 4 team. Easy to sell 'finals next near, premiership window about to open, other players about to join etc' as team that's just either just made the 8 or just missed it.

I think we have finally entered the bracket of a mid-ranged side about to make the jump - and at worst that's all the rhetoric we need.

Would rather take Josh Kelly off the Giants hands instead of mucking around for 3 weeks with Dodoro who will no doubt ask for Cripps, Charlie, Harry or Walsh.

Kelly would cost around the same or maybe even less given the triggered amount he will earn if he stays and they will be easier to deal with.

House prices are much cheaper out at Coolaroo/Tulla

I've caught quite a few Bombers games this year, partly because my brother in law in a Bombers fan. Merrett can seriously play, I rate him very highly. He's a very important player for them and has been one of their best this year (and probably last year too), it'll take a lot to get him out of there but worth it IMO.
He's a 2 time b&f and an All-Australian. He's a gun, that absolutely wouldn't want to let go of him, and rightly so

Hope son of Curly isn't as generous as SOS.

Oh yeah, SOS was the generous type who overpaid for players. No doubt at all, I'm surprised he's only meant to be on $800k then :p

Being mid-ranged is always going to give you an advantage over being a bottom 4 team. Easy to sell 'finals next near, premiership window about to open, other players about to join etc' as team that's just either just made the 8 or just missed it.

I think we have finally entered the bracket of a mid-ranged side about to make the jump - and at worst that's all the rhetoric we need.
Exactly which is why it was imperative we got another 2-3 wins.....

Could be the difference between players like Williams potentially considers the Saints or Dogs ahead of us.

Wasn't there rumours of dodgy real estate investments off the books ... or was the the Tigers?

Remember Hird and Lloyd got something extra for a website or domain name, but then again * has dodgy going waaaay back.

Pretty sure from memory it was the Ferals from Punt Rd with the dodgy real estate deals with then President Clinton Casey.

I think it was Matthew Richardson, Nathan Brown and 1 other player that were involved at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly which is why it was imperative we got another 2-3 wins.....

Could be the difference between players like Williams potentially considers the Saints or Dogs ahead of us.

I don't think it'll have too much of a bearing tbh. Neither of these teams is currently in premiership contention, and may be around the same spot we are next year. Finals this year wont be a dealbreaker.

2 x first rounders is better than 2 x first and a second. Merrett not quite worth 2 x firsts and Saad not worth a first, more like an early second. Two firsts for the both of them seems more reasonable.

Having said that Dodo likely to ask 2 x firsts for Saad and then more for Merrett. That bloke is crippling their club through a combination of stubborn and delusion ... gotta love his work.
If your going to trade away a top 10 pick this is the year to do it.... without much exposed form to go on no doubt the chances of mistakes being made are much higher.

Also if a return on that traded top 10 pick is a Merrett type well again the risk vs reward gap closes even more.

Last edited:

Hird received free acupuncture....

From my understanding, Shiel being well looked after in his post-career by property developer tycoon and ex-Bomber Andrew Welsh.

But meant we still had to read the start of every Mark Robinson article being '...and Shiel, who rejected more money to play at Essendon...'!!

Of course no different to Chris Judd and his dodgy Visy deal but that was at least called out in the media.

Pretty sure from memory it was the Ferals from Punt Rd with the dodgy real estate deals with then President Clinton Casey.

I think it was Matthew Richardson, Nathan Brown and 1 other player that were involved at the time.
Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back