Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Mod Notice:-

Continued from here:-

Continued here:

Just like to thank Aphrodite and the other Carlton mods who started the Bluemours NON Discussion Thread and who have kept it free of chat over the past few years.

It helps so much when you just don't have the time to read through this thread, cheers and great job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Getting at least one of Williams or Saad is key. Williams preferably, but Saad alone is great.

We don't need any other major acquisitions. Get Witherden if economical, as well as Graham if suitable.
We desperately need a midfielder.

If we get Williams, he will be plonked in his best position - half back. We will talk about turning him into a midfielder but guarantee you by round 6 when we are struggling to get run off half back and Williams is doing just ok as a mid, we will pop him back there.

Why the talk of turning him into a midfielder anyway? Was half back as TAC Cup, has played half back for GWS his whole career... yet he's the answer to our midfield woes? I don't get it.

Last edited:
Going off tap in this thread and still 1 H&A plus finals to go ... gunna be a long summer ....

Last i looked the gameday thread for this week hadn't been added to since yesterday lol.

It's silly season time now for 10 clubs.

By Grand Final week it is silly season for 16 clubs supporters who can't wait to get that silly game out of the way so we can get into trade week on the Monday.

I genuinely don't believe this is the case - it's mainly Bigfooty chinese whispers.

Do we really think the club'd take his 550k pa deal and tack on another 250k?

Granted we've given big contracts in the past to someone like Curnow, I can't imagine it being the case. IIRC it's mainly been Riccuito insinuating he's on a truckload, but he'd have no idea of the extent of his contract with Carlton.

Ok let’s say you are Gov and you’re on $550k, you’re at a club doing well, challenging for finals, what makes you leave to go to the bottom team, in a state that’s not your home?

I don’t necessarily believe he’s on $800,000 but to entice people to leave their club, I generally think you have to offer something they aren’t getting.

Ok let’s say you are Gov and you’re on $550k, you’re at a club doing well, challenging for finals, what makes you leave to go to the bottom team, in a state that’s not your home?

I don’t necessarily believe he’s on $800,000 but to entice people to leave their club, I generally think you have to offer something they aren’t getting.

Good relationship with Teague?

He cracked it about the camp and left for a slight payrise.

I wouldn't think hes on $800k. But he's on pretty good kanga I'd say. He's taking the piss out of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get Williams, he will be plonked in his best position - half back. We will talk about turning him into a midfielder but guarantee you by round 6 when we are struggling to get run off half back and Williams is doing just ok as a mid, we will pop him back there.

Why the talk of turning him into a midfielder anyway? Was half back as TAC Cup, has played half back for GWS his whole career... yet he's the answer to our midfield woes? I don't get it.

Because:

Gibbons winner of two J J Liston medals recruited as a midfielder
Cunningham recruited as a Midfielder
Fisher recruited as a midfielder

All are played forward, if anyone is capable of playing guys out of position and destroying their natural instincts as to why they were selected, we can!

Saad Does NOT want to go to Melbourne or North.

Stay or us.

Source:Saads cousin and customer of mine.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is correct.

In terms of club preference, it is Carlton or *. He will choose the team which comes to the table with a more lucrative deal.

Other Melbourne metro clubs are still a possibility if their contractual offer is suitable.

Because:

All are played forward, if anyone is capable of playing guys out of position and destroying their natural instincts as to why they were selected, we can!
We are very Essington like in that regard. They just want the biggest name every off-season regardless if they suit their needs or not.

They also love destroying blokes by playing them out of position - ie Smith and Parish.

I hope we don't pursue a career flanker and expect him to fix our midfield.

Would he not have had good relationships with team mates?
Not many players leave top teams to go to bottom teams, I expect he got a decent pay rise to do so.

More than likely, but he wasn't the only one to bail on Adelaide around that time. ( Cameron, Lever) something wasn't right there. Players coming of a R/up season don't normally walk.

Because:

I don't know what is going on, but the trending thing I notice is recruiters and coaches love the idea of players to be able to "play" multiple roles. Usually turning mids into forwards for some reason.

Our midfield isn't crash hot, but I think it'd be a lot better if the coaches knew how to select players in their best positions.

This is correct.

In terms of club preference, it is Carlton or *. He will choose the team which comes to the table with a more lucrative deal.

Other Melbourne metro clubs are still a possibility if their contractual offer is suitable.

Well if that's the case, I'd be making a modest offer and leaving it on the table.

4 years, $500k including performance incentives.

No back and forth, no "Essendon have offered this much, can you go a little higher". Put a fair offer on the table and leave it there til he decides what he wants to do. Not interested in being used to drive up a contract at Essendon, and not interested in getting into a bidding war over a role player seeking a payday.

If Essendon can beat a "fair offer" then they're welcome to him. And if they can't or won't, then the trade price becomes a second rounder.

They way last trade period ended, they probably make Merret play another year and risk it at FA like Danniher. lol.

It may have worked if Daniher stays.

With all these bluemours from known bluemour providers i guess it confirms that they weren't all coming from SOS given they continue in his absence. Either way, thanks to all those posting and sharing their information with us all. This thread had some serious lows this year so its nice to be talking about rumours again!

Yeah I believe TCP that we've enquired but reckon there is almost zero chance Essendon let him leave. He's contracted until the end of next year. Dodo would 100% push for one of our KPF's.

Is Merrett fast enough to be a good compliment to Cripps and Setterfield? I could be wrong but my perception is he's on the slow side and we've been torched through the midfield when we played Dow or Kennedy this year due to a slow midfield.
He can have Gov ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back