Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that we're officially the biggest club in the land I've noticed the "who is the biggest club" thread on the main board has died a neglected death. :D

Will get bumped if the Tigers win another flag no doubt and they come out of the woodwork again

Mar 7, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton FC
From what I can piece together

A- Incident occurred in Sydney at some point before Perth hub
B - ET comes to Sydney. GF here. Break quarantine to be together
C - ET suspended stays in Perth
D - Random instagram post making allegations bringing incident A to light with picture of bruises
E - ET and GF meet up in hotel - alleged assault
F - Police arrest ET for incident E

Crazy to think that they would have such a pattern of dysfunction but still decide that they want to see each other.

She's pretty young. I was a ******* idiot at that age.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Legit don’t care about being the biggest, just most successful

I'm glad that in my lifetime we're unlikely to be in a situation like st Kilda, bulldogs, North, port, Sydney, & the expansion clubs where it's difficult to stay solvent.

Beyond that though, totally agree. However I imagine it's difficult to be successful and not grow membership and sponsors

DropBearWA

Draftee
Sep 11, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Regarding success, if the Giants fail to make the eight this year, am I right in saying the Eagles have the outright longest current streak of making top 8?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
7-4 over that period with 2 GFs and a flag in there is a pretty good return really. I know I want foldage every time we don’t win the flag, but any teams bar Richmond would take that record in a heartbeat. And that’s just the last 5 seasons. Most teams would take that record over their entire existence!!

Jun 20, 2008
Rainy Park City
AFL Club
West Coast
I think it is more a comment about Essendon's coteries and prominent supporters. They are very powerful and hold huge sway at that club.

They have had a born to rule mentality since the mid 80's and the idea of being middling or struggling club is so foreign to them.

They don't understand that under the old VFL zoning rules and flimsy/non-existent salary cap is what underpinned most of their success in that era.

Now they're just like everyone else and freaking the fu** out about it.

Watching Woosha quietly troll the Essendon movers and shakers these past few weeks has made seeing him in black and red almost worth it.

Magnifique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Watching Woosha quietly troll the Essendon movers and shakers these past few weeks has made seeing him in black and red almost worth it.

Magnifique.
I love their salty tears and rage, with them knowing full well they can't get revenge as he will be welcomed back to WA footy with open arms. If anything, his trolling will just increase his job prospects

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Does anyone remember a game from the early 2000s when the siren wouldnt work at the MCG so a guy came out ringing a bell??

I reckon it was Ess v Carl one year.

Cant find vision of it.

*Different game to sirengate down in Tassie between StK and Freo

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 17, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
7-4 over that period with 2 GFs and a flag in there is a pretty good return really. I know I want foldage every time we don’t win the flag, but any teams bar Richmond would take that record in a heartbeat. And that’s just the last 5 seasons. Most teams would take that record over their entire existence!!
Some teams get all the luck though

Does anyone remember a game from the early 2000s when the siren wouldnt work at the MCG so a guy came out ringing a bell??

Cant find vision of it.

?

Cant find vision of it.

Pretty sure Christie Malthouse was boundary rider that day so it would've been a Ten game.

It would also be funny if Joe starting playing to his potential the moment he left the injectors.

No it would not be funny...... IF .......... that was playing at the Cats.

garlic munchers

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2006
Downbeat Optimist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardinals
I love their salty tears and rage, with them knowing full well they can't get revenge as he will be welcomed back to WA footy with open arms. If anything, his trolling will just increase his job prospects

Woosha has limited prospects of getting any serious role in a AFL coaching box.

Should have left the Bombers 2 years ago with a "mission accomplished" sign off and the kudo's that would have gone with it.

Unfortunately, stayed too long and his limitations as a coach which were clear to everyone by the end of his tenure at WC, resurfaced.

Bombers are a basket case and as much as he would like to blame the entrenched powers at Windy Hill, its happened on his watch.

Still a bit shirty at his coaching/selections for the 2005 GF (Gardner @ CHF WTF and all but one goal scored by Sydney came when Cox was absent from the ruck).

Cost us in 2005, but by 2006 at least he'd learn't that you don't need to play man on man in the back line and could make a move during a game (Huntaaaa to the Fwd line)

Sorry....

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
Woosha has limited prospects of getting any serious role in a AFL coaching box.

Should have left the Bombers 2 years ago with a "mission accomplished" sign off and the kudo's that would have gone with it.

Unfortunately, stayed too long and his limitations as a coach which were clear to everyone by the end of his tenure at WC, resurfaced.

Bombers are a basket case and as much as he would like to blame the entrenched powers at Windy Hill, its happened on his watch.

Still a bit shirty at his coaching/selections for the 2005 GF (Gardner @ CHF WTF and all but one goal scored by Sydney came when Cox was absent from the ruck).

Cost us in 2005, but by 2006 at least he'd learn't that you don't need to play man on man in the back line and could make a move during a game (Huntaaaa to the Fwd line)

Sorry....

Aren't we sending him to Freo next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back