List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

at 550k to 600k you would be crazy not to have a go at him.
Perfect age for us also.
Fills a need.

4 years would be perfect but 5 to get it over the line wouldnt mind

would also be up to our medical team to see how confident they are at getting him right.
Has played excellent footy since coming back

Jeremy Finlayson is the way to go I think
Some people forget he was a defender before going forward and kicking quite a few goals
We could use him like a Westhoff kind of player down back against tall forward lines and up front in the other games to push opposition defences

Finlayson is off the table now, has recommitted to GWS.

I don't think he is what we need but is there any chance that Ollie's seeming about face in happiness at Port is due to us targeting Viney?

I don't think it likely but it could be one explanation.

P.s. the rumour Crouch has agreed to come to Port has been repeated again on the Crows board by a poster who claims to be ITK.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure if I noticed another post get deleted for saying something similar (delete if necessary) but Wines’ change in attitude is most likely due to a change in his personal situation moreso than specifically footy/coaching/contracts/captaincy etc

Our salary cap space is good, my guess is we have a payment structure, where even the big fish aren’t million dollar men.

I think with Crouch if the club goes there, that he is paid fairly in comparison with others on our list of equal value. Teams like Norf have f’d themselves by offering ridiculous salaries. Also imagine how you would feel as a player, knowing you are better than someone but they get paid $100k more than you each year. Even GWS pay out more than what they should have for their top end players. This has f’d them, keeping good young players and they may never win a flag because of it.

I’d also be wanting a games played per year $$ incentives with Crouch, or $$ lost for games missed per year. Then you would feel like you could offer a significant wage without the risk.

Also we want to set a recruiting culture, where good players want to come to PAFC to win premierships and not for $$. Otherwise you become like Norf - who suck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the prospective contracts thrown around in the media recently for Brad Crouch seem absurdly good value. $500k over 4 years? The contract we took on for Sam Mayes from Brisbane is probably similar money.

Player names aside we are well poised to raid this off season. Supposedly some of the most cap space and now seen to be right in a premiership window. Meanwhile there are a whole new bunch of clubs bottoming out and happy to move players on, like Adelaide, North, Hawthorn, GWS and maybe a few others like Essendon.

I don't think he is what we need but is there any chance that Ollie's seeming about face in happiness at Port is due to us targeting Viney?

I don't think it likely but it could be one explanation.

P.s. the rumour Crouch has agreed to come to Port has been repeated again on the Crows board by a poster who claims to be ITK.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app
Crows have literally zero ITK posters, their version of ITK is someone who knows the family of the player, they have no connections to list managers or player agents like several other boards do.

Some of the prospective contracts thrown around in the media recently for Brad Crouch seem absurdly good value. $500k over 4 years? The contract we took on for Sam Mayes from Brisbane is probably similar money.

Player names aside we are well poised to raid this off season. Supposedly some of the most cap space and now seen to be right in a premiership window. Meanwhile there are a whole new bunch of clubs bottoming out and happy to move players on, like Adelaide, North, Hawthorn, GWS and maybe a few others like Essendon.
Mayes would barely be on minimum salary. 250 k max..

Crows have literally zero ITK posters, their version of ITK is someone who knows the family of the player, they have no connections to list managers or player agents like several other boards do.

I would've counted as ITK on that board just by virtue of having friends in Troy Menzel's circle and having a family link to Bird Brain himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back