List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you mean all three? If I had to choose, is probably go with Christ

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Guys, I don’t think he has a current contract with Nazareth
He’d be a little underdone but the positive is we can sign him as a Cat B rookie (due to being born overseas)

I can’t believe people can be so biased in this situation. If Brown played for a big club there is no doubt in my mind that he would be worth 2 top ten picks. It’s unbelievable that the media has been given so much power in this situation as they have borderline determined his value to other clubs. However, the club value him much higher than other clubs and so if they don’t get 2 first rounders, Brown stays.

he’s a free agent

Just with that, we get Williams & Corr & (example) Saad, then Daw, Wood, Macmillan & Jacobs (completely not expecting him, just for the question sake) get offers elsewhere
Would we get compensation? Or is it individually?

Just with that, we get Williams & Corr & (example) Saad, then Daw, Wood, Macmillan & Jacobs (completely not expecting him, just for the question sake) get offers elsewhere
Would we get compensation? Or is it individually?

I dare say it's based on like for like, category wise but even in that instance it would be hard to see us getting anything out of those players on a normal day.

I dare say it's based on like for like, category wise but even in that instance it would be hard to see us getting anything out of those players on a normal day.

It’s been in my head so just thought I’d ask

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a very astute poster above somewhere, apols CbF’d trawling back through, who mentioned Whately affiliation with Geelong.....we can’t trust any of these clowns and what they are spruking. Of course the Cats would be talking down his price.

If:
Gee can have someone publicly helping them
Then:
Why the fook cant someone in particular do it for us?

compensation for losing free agents is watered down if you pick up free agents yourself

I was under that impression too, just wondered if we lose 3-4 to FA and gain 2-3 do we get an additional compo pick (like a 3rd rounder)

compensation for losing free agents is watered down if you pick up free agents yourself

Yep, I think he was more angling if we lost four but gained two but it would have to be on a sliding scale surely, Williams would get a band one and Corr band 2-3... our 4 I don't think would lure anything close in exclusivity.

not sure on that one.

Compensation
A club that has a net loss of players transferring to/from other clubs as free agents in one transfer period is entitled to compensation via National Draft picks allocated by the AFL.

The compensation formula produces a points rating for players based on:

1. The new contract of the free agent;
2. The age of the free agent.

Draft picks are allocated to clubs based on the net total points for free agents lost and gained during the transfer period.

Draft picks will be allocated to one of five places:

• 1st round
• end of 1st round
• 2nd round
• end of 2nd round
• 3rd round

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.

And therein lies the rub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back