AFL 2020 - AFL Round 18 (no aftertiming allowed)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Easy. They play Thursday night, fly back on Friday, play 15 days later on Saturday night and lose so there is no issue/no second quarantine.
And if they win the prelim, then they fly back to QLD and go through another 14 days quarantine?

Seems implausible.

I suppose the QLD government has some special clause with the AFL to circumvent the quarantine laws for West Coast should they make it.

Makes a farce of the quarantine rules but who are we kidding, the whole thing is a farce at this point.

And if they win the prelim, then they fly back to QLD and go through another 14 days quarantine?

Seems implausible.

I suppose the QLD government has some special clause with the AFL to circumvent the quarantine laws for West Coast should they make it.

Makes a farce of the quarantine rules but who are we kidding, the whole thing is a farce at this point.

Technically speaking if all these campaigners are properly being quarantined. There wont be a problem.

The bigger problem will come post GF, forget Mad Monday. It will Mad November, December and January..... in QLD.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats

Seems implausible.

i

No Special clause. The AFL have a 1 week bye before the finals, so it allows teams from interstate to quarantine in WA.

This is an article from 'The West Australian' newspaper yesterday:

1600237289202.png

squeaky1000

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i

No Special clause. The AFL have a 1 week bye before the finals, so it allows teams from interstate to quarantine in WA.

This is an article from 'The West Australian' newspaper yesterday:

View attachment 962803
Think the question is not about that, its about when they would come back to Queensland from WA for the later stages of the finals, given there's only a week in between games then. Would they simply not have to quarantine?

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Think its also important to notice this:

1600237375683.png

So Im reading it as the WA government allowed it to be reduced to seven days for AFL Finals...........Under this proposal, the only way finals were going to be played in Perth, beyond the first week, would be games to be played on the Sunday. Given the AFL grand final is on a saturday, it would have put all sorts of pressure on the scheduling and what not.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
West Coast would love a Top 4 spot, but if they don't get it, don't think they will be unhappy.

Probably have a flight back to Perth on Friday 18th September, play their next game at home on October 3rd in Perth. If they make it that far to the semis, could be October 9th/10th back to QLD.

Not sure what the outcomes , if they finish Top 4. I'm assuming they will still come home to WA , given there is still 16 days in between games.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
The only final that will be in Perth is a Home elimination final

There will be no Semis in Perth
and obviously no qualifying and prelims will be in Perth due to ladder standings.

Quarantine is no problem

squeaky1000

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The only final that will be in Perth is a Home elimination final

There will be no Semis in Perth
and obviously no qualifying and prelims will be in Perth due to ladder standings.

Quarantine is no problem
Yeah i get that, I just don't get how it will work if they win their home elimination final then have to travel back to Queensland to play their semi final there the next weekend? Would they be excempt from having to quarantine upon arriving back in Queensland in that situation? Or is quarantine not required for people coming from WA into Queensland in general

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Yeah i get that, I just don't get how it will work if they win their home elimination final then have to travel back to Queensland to play their semi final there the next weekend? Would they be excempt from having to quarantine upon arriving back in Queensland in that situation? Or is quarantine not required for people coming from WA into Queensland in general
I assume they are exempt just like Adelaide is

freo played GWS at Optus and then played a week later in QLD in the hubs about 5 weeks ago.

It is going the other way that the problem occurs

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think the best way to play tomorrow nights game is goalscorers 2+ spread across WCE.

Darling 1.72
Ryan 1.91
Allen, Brander etc $3+

Multiples of 2 and hope for a few to do it?

yousnoozeyoulose

Debutant
Sep 7, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think the best way to play tomorrow nights game is goalscorers 2+ spread across WCE.

Darling 1.72
Ryan 1.91
Allen, Brander etc $3+

Multiples of 2 and hope for a few to do it?

I'm thinking a Kennedy explosion. He has had a field day against the Roos - Metricon could play a part but taking 4 goals with nibbles on 5 and 6

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
North dropped one forward, one medium defender, and brought in two defenders (Durdin 1.98m, Murphy 1.89m).

Not sure what to make of it.

May mean Walker is a better chance of going forward, but with Kennedy / Darling / Allen playing together, you wouldn't think they'd leave Durdin to mind one of them.

Then again, if Tarrant / Walker / McKay / Durdin / Murphy all play back, it leaves us way too tall in defense, Ryan / Petrucelle could get off the leash.

I don't know what Shaw is doing tbh.

This could be a shellacking.

benji21

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2016
Hong Kong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Brissy over 9.5 behinds 1.98, Was close but just got there last time. Might have a look at first half ones as well as blues can go missing in the first half

Back