If the State of Emergency in Victoria is extended 12 months as planned....

Remove this Banner Ad

Plenty of Labour back-benchers unhappy with Dictator Dan and how he is presiding over Danandrewstan. Tim Pallas has been touted as a replacement, but he denies the rumour, and as you say why would you accept the poisoned chalice. With PWC cost modelling suggesting the Stage 4 lockdown has cost the state $140 Billion and counting you have to ask where to from here

I would not be surprised if Andrews goes after this is over - but only an idiot would take over now. New person comes in when all is back to normal and sells some sunshine.

Not sure what you're actually saying. But if you take out (i) aged care residents, (ii) aged care workers and (iii) health care workers the numbers of cases in Victoria are now at a similar level to NSW.

The same dicks that stuffed it last time are still at it - why will a replay of the last lock down work this time?

we are a weak fat matriarchal politically correct nanny state

COVID-19 mostly kills the elderly, especially if they have an existing chronic disease. That is not an argument to let them die but it should guide government responses.

Of the 816 Australian deaths the vast majority, 606, were in residential aged care. So if you are going to throw a ring of steel around anything it should be around aged care homes, not Melbourne. The rest of the population should be liberated to get on with their lives while taking sensible health precautions.

The Victorian solution punishes the many for the few. It preferences the very old over the young, mortgaging the future of the entire school and working age population. It is hard to imagine how you could design a policy that is more profoundly unfair or damaging to a society.

And nowhere in this often-opaque democracy has a less transparent court system, bureaucracy, police force or government than Victoria.
The people there have been badly served, even as some revelled in the servitude. Its systems of power have combined to deliver the wanton destruction of its vibrant society. Its government has condemned its people to a poorer future, to higher unemployment, more poverty and less opportunity.

Rejoice. Dan Andrews has destroyed the village to save it.

Jesus Les. I just had a look at your profile and your posts. You do realise this is a footy forum too. You've popped in here to talk about your wild conspiracy theories. You remind me of those crazy homeless people who walk around with a tin foil hat on. You must be the life of the party big fella

Jesus Les. I just had a look at your profile and your posts. You do realise this is a footy forum too. You've popped in here to talk about your wild conspiracy theories. You remind me of those crazy homeless people who walk around with a tin foil hat on. You must be the life of the party big fella

couldn't give a fat rats clacker what this place is, footy at the moment is way down the list

feel free to name all the wild conspiracy theories, i would love to see them.

meanwhile take some time to answer some points i have made and stop pulling your doona up higher and loosen your muzzle

couldn't give a fat rats clacker what this place is, footy at the moment is way down the list

feel free to name all the wild conspiracy theories, i would love to see them.

meanwhile take some time to answer some points i have made and stop pulling your doona up higher and loosen your muzzle
Then go elsewhere mate

Then go elsewhere mate

weak, your posting is very weak

your argument is - well you don't actually have one.

one more time ---- care to explain how Ireland in the midst of a pandemic is actually below baseline deaths and once covid deaths are taken out - it is way way way below, like Irish world record pace lack of deaths

non lockdown Sweden is the same, take covid deaths out and they are about that amount of deaths below average

does that seem to suggest that maybe people are dying with covid and not from - does it even make you want to question anything just for your own piece of mind, perhaps even to just prove me wrong ?

Ok mate, thanks for your input. I am not sure why you think being Premier right now is some sort of reward......
im not saying its a reward, im saying we just need someone else that can get us out of these draconian style lockdowns asap. its obvious andrews is protecting his own arse with hotel quarantine, he does not have the best interests of vics at heart mate

we are a weak fat matriarchal politically correct nanny state

COVID-19 mostly kills the elderly, especially if they have an existing chronic disease. That is not an argument to let them die but it should guide government responses.

Of the 816 Australian deaths the vast majority, 606, were in residential aged care. So if you are going to throw a ring of steel around anything it should be around aged care homes, not Melbourne. The rest of the population should be liberated to get on with their lives while taking sensible health precautions.

The Victorian solution punishes the many for the few. It preferences the very old over the young, mortgaging the future of the entire school and working age population. It is hard to imagine how you could design a policy that is more profoundly unfair or damaging to a society.

And nowhere in this often-opaque democracy has a less transparent court system, bureaucracy, police force or government than Victoria.
The people there have been badly served, even as some revelled in the servitude. Its systems of power have combined to deliver the wanton destruction of its vibrant society. Its government has condemned its people to a poorer future, to higher unemployment, more poverty and less opportunity.

Rejoice. Dan Andrews has destroyed the village to save it.
its incredible some people are still defending andrews and this lockdown, it just defies logic, like do they even have lives ? dont they care about anything else? actually i probably answered my own question the ppl defending this are jobkeeper leeches or where the lockdown doesnt effect them because their lives were already so shitty to begin with so they see this lockdown as perfect validation for their s**t lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one more time ---- care to explain how Ireland in the midst of a pandemic is actually below baseline deaths and once covid deaths are taken out - it is way way way below, like Irish world record pace lack of deaths

non lockdown Sweden is the same, take covid deaths out and they are about that amount of deaths below average

does that seem to suggest that maybe people are dying with covid and not from - does it even make you want to question anything just for your own piece of mind, perhaps even to just prove me wrong ?
Where have I actually mentioned anything about Ireland. You're cooked mate. Get off the see through didgeridoo

its incredible some people are still defending andrews and this lockdown, it just defies logic, like do they even have lives ? dont they care about anything else? actually i probably answered my own question the ppl defending this are jobkeeper leeches or where the lockdown doesnt effect them because their lives were already so shitty to begin with so they see this lockdown as perfect validation for their sh*t lives.
Because people are sick of the whinging. People need to work together. Worry about that shite later. Right now we need to get the numbers down and we seem to be heading in the right direction. Is Stage 4 crap. Yeah it is but I'd rather short term pain for long term gain

Where have I actually mentioned anything about Ireland. You're cooked mate. Get off the see through didgeridoo

Its relevant because covid as you may be aware is happening around the world, didn't you know?.

You could actually learn something, i would be surprised, but anything is possible.

Because people are sick of the whinging. People need to work together. Worry about that sh*te later. Right now we need to get the numbers down and we seem to be heading in the right direction. Is Stage 4 crap. Yeah it is but I'd rather short term pain for long term gain

are you aware that Peru has had the strictest lockdowns in the world and also the worlds highest excess death rate ?

does any part of that add up to you ?

im not saying its a reward, im saying we just need someone else that can get us out of these draconian style lockdowns asap. its obvious andrews is protecting his own arse with hotel quarantine, he does not have the best interests of vics at heart mate

You want the lockdowns lifted and just cop the consequences? That is fair enough and others share that view but the majority of the State does not agree with you from what I have seen poll wise, even from the Murdoch press. And again, anyone who would take the Premier job right now is an idiot, and it would be a good idea right now to not have an idiot running the state.

Consequences for this will come but they will have to come later.

its incredible some people are still defending andrews and this lockdown, it just defies logic, like do they even have lives ? dont they care about anything else? actually i probably answered my own question the ppl defending this are jobkeeper leeches or where the lockdown doesnt effect them because their lives were already so shitty to begin with so they see this lockdown as perfect validation for their sh*t lives.

Again, it is one thing to rage against things but what do you replace them with?

Lift the lockdown too early and we have all gone through this for nothing.

Have our case number increase and the other States won't open their borders and the Federal Government won't let us leave the country.

Get rid of the Premier and we get an idiot in charge.

I am not on Jobkeeper or Jobseeker and my life was (prior to this year) just fine. It's just reality mate, we are where we are. Nobody is happy about it, except some plonkers who believe in dumb conspiracy theories.

Tell the guy who sucking air but can’t get oxygen he isn’t dying of covid

are you aware that Peru has had the strictest lockdowns in the world and also the worlds highest excess death rate ?

does any part of that add up to you ?
Yes you die of covid You cherry pick stats from different countries to support your holier than now covid conspiracies you think you’ve smarter than everyone that you’ve unlocked the big illusion
But you’re sadly stuck in a worm whole of confirmation bias searching for validation
You tell us why does Peru have an excess death rate you seem to have all the answers

You do realise we have vaccines for the flu plus after living with it for a long time have devoloped imunity
Covid is new so no one has any immunity if you don’t have a lockdown you spread it to you’re parents and grandparents
All we need is to get the numbers down as contact tracing isnt impossible when you have 800 cases a day which soon leads to 10000 cases a day
Bring in antigen testing and we can get back to a new normal you can keep ranting that we should listen to you but we won’t because you’re wrong and basically people care about each other and there elders
The support for Andrews is from highly educated smart caring compassionate people and luckily that’s the overwhelming majority

Remove this Banner Ad

Back