List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If:
Gee can have someone publicly helping them
Then:
Why the fook cant someone in particular do it for us?

Answer: internet hits.

Exhibit A

Aidan Corr has been spoken about with regard to a trade to North for weeks.

AFL.com.au reports:

1600252806366.png

Zac Williams has been spoken about with regard to a trade to North for weeks.

AFL.com.au reports:

1600252880876.png

Was a very astute poster above somewhere, apols CbF’d trawling back through, who mentioned Whately affiliation with Geelong.....we can’t trust any of these clowns and what they are spruiking. Of course the Cats would be talking down his price.

That’s why losing good journos like McGowan is sad

We are trading Polec for a free agent?
I’m no expert but that seems more a Cameron Joyce move...

I was meaning get another overpriced, hyped squib to join us.

If Williams comes I'd be more confident though.

Won't happen anyway.

That’s why losing good journos like McGowan is sad
What happened there?

That's sad if he's gone, as he was reasonably balanced and had some awareness of our list compared to the sea of dregs passed off as expert opinion in the current landscape.

Yeah Kane cornes just reported a 6 year deal at 950k a season.
If that's the price to get him across then I'm happy to do it.
North has that much money in the salary cap its bonkers and we need to draw good players across to make the team better.

What happened there?

That's sad if he's gone, as he was reasonably balanced and had some awareness of our list compared to the sea of dregs passed off as expert opinion in the current landscape.

Given the ass due to cost cutting.
He announced it on Twitter and mentioned all the hard work to get his dream gig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened there?

You answered your own question.

It's all about the clicks these days.

I'm not sure whether I'm on the right thread to post this. All threads seem to blur into one another, at this hour of the night and at the pace they run at.

Anyway, I've seen quite a few posts where people are suggesting extravagant numbers of delistings, some of the order of 25% or more.

I very much doubt this will happen though because the AFL seems to be saying that the reduction in list sizes will be gradual. I'm guessing around 40 will be the number for 2021 plus some rookies.

So not too many potentially reasonable players will be cut from other clubs and worth a look. In addition, in my opinion, this is not the year to be investing heavily in the draft. The likelihood of some major draft fails, is greater than usual, because the main crop of players eligible in Victoria, haven't had a chance to display their wares, in the most critical year in which to judge them.

I hope the knife doesn't cut too far and instead we stick with the majority of our list. In my opinion this is equally not the year to make too many harsh judgments on our existing list, because of the extraordinary circumstances everyone has had to endure, coupled with our truly shocking injury list. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure whether I'm on the right thread to post this. All threads seem to blur into one another, at this hour of the night and at the pace they run at.

Anyway, I've seen quite a few posts where people are suggesting extravagant numbers of delistings, some of the order of 25% or more.

I very much doubt this will happen though because the AFL seems to be saying that the reduction in list sizes will be gradual. I'm guessing around 40 will be the number for 2021 plus some rookies.

So not too many potentially reasonable players will be cut from other clubs and worth a look. In addition, in my opinion, this is not the year to be investing heavily in the draft. The likelihood of some major draft fails, is greater than usual, because the main crop of players eligible in Victoria, haven't had a chance to display their wares, in the most critical year in which to judge them.

I hope the knife doesn't cut too far and instead we stick with the majority of our list. In my opinion this is equally not the year to make too many harsh judgments on our existing list, because of the extraordinary circumstances everyone has had to endure, coupled with our truly shocking injury list. Just my opinion.
I reckon it'll be at least a 2 year job to cut the chaff. Assuming lists are reduced to 40 would mean we can't cut more than 10-12 max this year with another 8 or so next year.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I tend to agree, but I reckon by the same token a few have been kept on a year or 2 too long as well "so that Rhys can have a good look at them, get them 'un-Barded', etc".

Agree 40 seems about right, but this still means at least 8 cuts from all teams.
Four of which are duds (in our case a few more). Leaves 65-70 potentially good players without a gig next year. I'd say we cut a bit deeper maybe 10 to 12 players?
Pick up 4/5 in the draft and add 2/3 in trade or free agency. If we move a couple to rookie list we can add a few more.
Also draft fails are likely to be higher at the top end, but gems more likely in the lower end of the draft.

A list size of 40 means that we're guaranteed at least nine players delisted, with probably about two to three players who won't be getting a contract put in front of them until after the trade period.

McGuinness is in his own category, as the rulings over category b rookies will decide his fate and I think he'll either be delisted or kept "outside" the list. I think he is a great prospect, but too speculative to keep in these conditions.

The other eight to be delisted would be Jacobs, Hosie, Wood, Daw, Williams, Murphy, Durdin and Ahern. Garner and Pittard would both be made to sweat it out over trade week; if Williams or Saad is lured across then that's Pittard's time here over. Garner may be saved by us having literally no better option; Garner wins a battle against taking pick 57 to the draft, but if it's a highly rated free agent then he loses out.

If it's a 38+2 instead then Crocker and Garner would be the names I'd look at moving to the rookie list. We can also assume that if Brown or Polec are traded then they replace themselves on the list, either with another high draft pick or a veteran player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back