MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Timbers has been eliminated as a choice....
Shows how much I know. That was my pick.

Jackjumpers - Not sure about naming a basketball team after a slightly annoying ant.
Tridents - I get that Tassie is an island, but have never thought 'Tassie, oh that makes me think of tridents'.
Pride - there are two things that immediately spring to mind. 1 - the usual word associated with pride... Mind you, having the worlds first all gay professional sports team has a lot going for it. Think of the publicity. I'm actually for this, just not sure rural Tassie would buy in. 2 - Think beer. Think the Victoria Bitter ads from yesteryear and replace it with Tasmania Pride. A big thirst deserves a big beer, Tassie Pride.

That leaves Mountaineers. My new pick. Given my history of predictions this is likely the next to be deep sixed.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Shows how much I know. That was my pick.

Jackjumpers - Not sure about naming a basketball team after a slightly annoying ant.
Tridents - I get that Tassie is an island, but have never thought 'Tassie, oh that makes me think of tridents'.
Pride - there are two things that immediately spring to mind. 1 - the usual word associated with pride... Mind you, having the worlds first all gay professional sports team has a lot going for it. Think of the publicity. I'm actually for this, just not sure rural Tassie would buy in. 2 - Think beer. Think the Victoria Bitter ads from yesteryear and replace it with Tasmania Pride. A big thirst deserves a big beer, Tassie Pride.

That leaves Mountaineers. My new pick. Given my history of predictions this is likely the next to be deep sixed.
I'd be happy with Mountaineers and Tridents in that order. Though they would likely end up being called mounties for short?

I'd be happy with Mountaineers and Tridents in that order. Though they would likely end up being called mounties for short?

Yeah mounties for short. Good nickname. Maybe a nod to the tasmania islands in Canada. Bonded. Cousins if you will. Cousins.

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Season Start has now been officially pushed back to mid-January 2021
The main reason for pushing the start of the season back to the new year is to give the clubs the best opportunity to play in front of as many fans as possible.
We will remain flexible about the exact start date

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Why do NBL marketing depts hate the 90s?

Melbourne people: Tigers vs Magic/Giants, fu** yeah!
NBL: United vs Phoenix.

Tassie people: Hobart Tassie Devils, fu** yeah!
NBL: Jackjumpers.

If some plonker comes in and rebrands the Wildcats I'm out. :tearsofjoy:
we cant go Devils. Blame the AFL. our cricket and hockey teams are called tigers. hence we have to have something new.

www.tasmaniapride.com

interesting where this page links to.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

If West Sydney make a return and it’s anything but the Razorbacks then I will riot.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
What’s the reason they can’t go Devils? I’ve heard that a couple of times but no reason.
AFL has copyrighted the name. They(NBL Tas) have said it is not available so take their word for it with my lack of legal knowledge.

c2bbbd2d-6d07-48d1-8413-bd653fa8a086.JPG

it is used in our underage program. perhaps further on but lets be honest.

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
AFL has copyrighted the name. They(NBL Tas) have said it is not available so take their word for it with my lack of legal knowledge.

c2bbbd2d-6d07-48d1-8413-bd653fa8a086.JPG

it is used in our underage program. perhaps further on but lets be honest.

Stupid AFL. Basketball had it first.

Didn’t mind Timbers, am very meh on the rest. Tasmanian Islanders would’ve been ok, I thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
Timbers out. Shows how much I know. That was my pick.

I'm so rarely right I have to crow about it when I am.

Now I'm going for Tridents. If that's the next to fall I'll retire as killing off the first three.

Realistically I'm with those of you who are saying this just isn't working.
And Pride is registered by the NBL. Just admit it and stop dragging it out. You've already decided. Stop it. Now.

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
Jackjumpers in the top 3?

Just cancel it. Call it off. This isn’t working.
Just for this they don't deserve an AFL team either.

You joke but they already killed off Illawarra from the Hawks, You think tradition is going to save you from becoming the Perth Stainless Steel Ovens?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back