Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm also concerned about his lack of debut with the likes of Prestia, Edwards, Cotch etc all missing games this year.

But we definitely don't write him off for at least another 12 months.

Would like to see him and Ross bulk up and go inside mid.

I like RCD and I think he would of debuted had he not been injured. I think there is a fair bit of upside with him and this year has just been a shitshow of a year. No vfl hasn’t helped at all. Don’t think he’ll debut this year but am looking forward to see what he can do after another pre season.

I've watched him at both TAC & VFL and it's my opinion only, I don't rate him! Top midfielders who have spent time in the 2's and come through to senior ranks have had way more possession than this guy. He just doesn't impact games.
Don't quote the VFL GF, it just about the only game where he had impact. I see others as more likely to come through.

Not every midfielder accumulates high possessions.

If he can have 15-20 but they are quality and puts on defensive pressure it will be more than enough

Another club obsessed with our depth. Them, Essendon and Carlton are f*n vultures.
They’re very jealous of our plug and play actually being a plug and play.

bucks says plug and play but the plug is usually a potato and the water leaks straight out.

Colonwoods junk yard with ages for 2021 season
They will have 10 players over 30 in 2021 if all still on their list

Dayne Beams -31
Tim Broomhead -27
Mason Cox -30
Lynden Dunn -33

Jamie Elliot -28
Levi Greenwood-32
Tom Langdon -26
Jack Magden -28
Chris Mayne -32
Ben Ried -32
Jordan Roughead - 30

Matt Scharenberg - 25
Travis Varcoe -32
Rupert Wills - 27

Their list is a mess

Colonwoods junk yard with ages for 2021 season
They will have 10 players over 30 in 2021 if all still on their list

Dayne Beams -31
Tim Broomhead -27
Mason Cox -30
Lynden Dunn -33

Jamie Elliot -28
Levi Greenwood-32
Tom Langdon -26
Jack Magden -28
Chris Mayne -32
Ben Ried -32
Jordan Roughead - 30

Matt Scharenberg - 25
Travis Varcoe -32
Rupert Wills - 27

Their list is a mess
Try tell them, you will be hounded out of town and accused of being mentally ill. I have a mate who call Josh Thomas a kid....

Realistically I think we see him feature predominantly next year. RCD and Dow will be our long term "engine room" players.
Lets hope the kid has some patience.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically I think we see him feature predominantly next year. RCD and Dow will be our long term "engine room" players.
Lets hope the kid has some patience.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
It’s rare that kids get itchy feet but clubs will be into him with opportunity wide open to step right up into senior footy

Had a very solid game in the scratch match against Geelong. Had 8 clearances, 6 tackles and kicked a ripper goal where he just burst from the center, ran to 50 and nailed it. Definitely improving his defensive game and starting to influence against stronger bodies. Looking forward to him continuing his development.

Had a very solid game in the scratch match against Geelong. Had 8 clearances, 6 tackles and kicked a ripper goal where he just burst from the center, ran to 50 and nailed it. Definitely improving his defensive game and starting to influence against stronger bodies. Looking forward to him continuing his development.
You think he’s a chance to play seniors this week?

You think he’s a chance to play seniors this week?

Probably not this year now we are at the pointy end of the season. Look out for him next year though.

What hate to lose him as he has a point of difference to all our other mids

I might be a bit delusional with my comparisons but i do have an eye for younger players that show signs

I rewatched the VFL grand final last week and thought to my self , There is a Bigger Shai bolton in some of the things RCD does with his powerful running out of the midfield as well as Dangerfield type of burst speed and strength.

Really hope RCD remains and develops like we hope and with players like Balta/Bolton/RCD/Chol there is alot of Xfactor players that create issue's for the oppo coaches

Another club obsessed with our depth. Them, Essendon and Carlton are f*n vultures.

Blues had their chance last year, had Ellis and Butler if they wanted them, two players that would have added enormously to them this season. As soon as we said ok they bottled it and went and got 93yo Eddie Betts and some other circus clown for $2m in year one. You couldn’t make it up. Ellis likely to be top 3 in Suns B&F I think and Butler just about good for a top 5 finish at Saints. And you look at what Blues lack this season, quality running mids and goal kicking small forwards about the first two things on the list. Now Eddie is gone for all money, and Martin has $2m of Carlton’s cash in his bank and is playing the rest of his contract for about $300k pa so he is going to be a massive flight risk or demotivation risk.

Stupid stupid stupid club. Just do the obvious thing, take the 2 decent and reliable players you need on straightforward contracts, no need to get all tricky and try to outsmart everybody.

The trouble is with doing sh!t like that too, players and their managers lose faith in dealing with them and will just prefer to deal with clubs who are more straightforward.

So I wouldn’t worry too much about the Blues coming after our players, they will only ever take players we won’t regret losing.

Blues had their chance last year, had Ellis and Butler if they wanted them, two players that would have added enormously to them this season. As soon as we said ok they bottled it and went and got 93yo Eddie Betts and some other circus clown for $2m in year one. You couldn’t make it up. Ellis likely to be top 3 in Suns B&F I think and Butler just about good for a top 5 finish at Saints. And you look at what Blues lack this season, quality running mids and goal kicking small forwards about the first two things on the list. Now Eddie is gone for all money, and Martin has $2m of Carlton’s cash in his bank and is playing the rest of his contract for about $300k pa so he is going to be a massive flight risk or demotivation risk.

Stupid stupid stupid club. Just do the obvious thing, take the 2 decent and reliable players you need on straightforward contracts, no need to get all tricky and try to outsmart everybody.

The trouble is with doing sh!t like that too, players and their managers lose faith in dealing with them and will just prefer to deal with clubs who are more straightforward.

So I wouldn’t worry too much about the Blues coming after our players, they will only ever take players we won’t regret losing.
I’d go as far as saying blues would have made finals with Ellis and butler , cost them nothing. From memory talk of these 2 caused a rift with liddle and sos who preferred others . Not sure sos CV is that great tbh , that was a major blunder when you compare who else they bought in instead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back