Prediction 2020 Ladder Predictions

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Their top 8 markets certainly seem a bit off. Collingwood is paying $3.75 to miss the 8 but H2H Gold Coast is currently $3.50 this week - we have to lose both to miss which gives Port a value of around $1.07 next week. We won’t be favourites or anything but that seems like a stretch to me...
Collingwood won’t miss and they are $3.75, I think saints should be shorter than the pies

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
There are other results that can go our way (dogs losing a game or Melbourne winning both games in close finishes) but yeah, 5.50 is huge value. We’re a pretty decent chance to miss. Very good insurance option for saints fans.
I think you blew your chance on Thursday, was there for you to take but you couldn’t do it. I think dogs are going the best of all the bottom 8 teams and expect they’ll win their last 2 and I expect the giants to put Melbourne away today. Pies should have no issue beating suns so likely it comes down to giants saints next week. Definitely good insurance bet for saints fans I think, you’ve had a great year but you don’t have the same zip you did early on.

werdna78

All Australian
Sep 29, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fulham Football Club
Can’t avoid us forever... you still gotta come through Chicago...
IMO we're not far away from you, we apply a similar amount of pressure, but let it off by missing goals and the ball often goes coast to coast on the kick in.

I also think our best football will be in a couple of years time, when our core group are mid to late twenties.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
IMO we're not far away from you, we apply a similar amount of pressure, but let it off by missing goals and the ball often goes coast to coast on the kick in.

I also think our best football will be in a couple of years time, when our core group are mid to late twenties.
You’re gonna beat us at some stage, who knows it could be this year. Andrews out really hurts you, probably as much as McGovern for the eagles. Will be an interesting finals series.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I am going to enjoy looking back at this thread at the people who predicted the dockers to finish bottom 4, bottom 2 or the spoon.
Unfortunately no one really cares about the dockers. You’ll probably find that when people did their ladders on counting back realised they only had 17 teams, and on most occasions that missing team was the dockers.

Unfortunately no one really cares about the dockers. You’ll probably find that when people did their ladders on counting back realised they only had 17 teams, and on most occasions that missing team was the dockers.
35% of the time it was Freo missing

65% of time it was North missing. And not because people forgot about them but because people just don;t really care about them

footy75

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep Freo shafted by a free kick.

If GWS beat ONE of Kangaroos, Adelaide, Sydney or Melbourne they are playing finals.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Yep Freo shafted by a free kick.

If GWS beat ONE of Kangaroos, Adelaide, Sydney or Melbourne they are playing finals.
Freo lost to essendon by 6 points, lost to Brisbane by 12 points, Lost to the suns by 13 points, Lost to the blue by 4 points. Win 3 of those games, instead of being 7-10, would of been 10-7 and in the finals.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
you predicted the dockers to finish wooden spoon, didnt you?

No, but I think I did predict them to be bottom 4.

I'm really happy for you guys.

At Least now we will get a new bottom six double up to beat up on while having easy beat Freo as our middle six double up.

Win/win.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Everyone loses some close games. Can get caught in a endless cycle of what ifs when you look at your own teams close ones they lost. Percentage is a good indicator. Freo have the 11th best percentage and are 11th on the ladder. That’s about right. They could have pinched a few more close ones but that probably would have left them with a slightly better ladder position than their season’s form actually was.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
lost 3-4 games by 12 points or less. Name one AFL team that bashed the dockers by 80-100 points then.

Should of been 10-7 rather than 7-10.

Is this the standard you set for your footy club?

10 derbies in a row and counting campaigner.

Wouldn't want to be ya.

lost 3-4 games by 12 points or less. Name one AFL team that bashed the dockers by 80-100 points then.

11th best percentage in the competition sitting 11th on the ladder.

I know you have a 'unique' style of posting but let's not be wilfully ignorant here.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

Gold Coast and Brisbane were definitely the better teams on those days. I don’t think you can claim them as games you should have won. In terms of 50/50 games, Freo has won one (Saints), lost two (Carlton, Essendon). 11th best percentage, 11th on the ladder. It’s about where Freo should be.

FairKouta

Premiership Player
Aug 3, 2016
MELBOURNE
AFL Club
Carlton
I’m seeing a lot of freo fans up
And about on a few of the threads on the main board. Like they should looks like longmuir is a good coach the young kids are up and firing. Good times

So according to your view, freo will finish bottom 4 or with a wooden spoon in 2021?

No but who cares, this is the 2020 ladder prediction thread. Finishing 11th or 12th doesn't exactly justify laughing at those who predicted a bottom 4 finish. I rate Longmuir but this isn't endearing Freo to the casual BigFooty poster.

Back