Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

So confirmation today that the Victorian Governments refusal to test people in quarantine before being released did result in outside transmissions of the virus

Another nail in the coffin

So confirmation today that the Victorian Governments refusal to test people in quarantine before being released did result in outside transmissions of the virus

Another nail in the coffin
Would it have mattered if they tested them on the 13th day? They’re released the next day, get the results 2 days later, then its too late...what can you do?

This thread should be retitled, “How would you rate Victoria as a place to live.” Well, its ****ed!

Meanwhile Dan supporters are keeping themselves busy reading during lockdown

Amazon product ASIN B07RSVMYD9
Step 2 appears probable, but what is also appearing probable is that we're going to be held hostage by the behaviour of some loose outer suburban families and the Step 3 requisites of 0 to 5 cases will be practically impossible by October 26.

They arent the ones imposing house arrest.

Last edited:

So they are concerned about an outbreak in South East Melbourne and their response is to ask people to get tested. They have clearly learnt nothing. Get out there door knocking and mass testing to identify the size of the issue rather than just asking.

Yes mass test, get lots of false positives and have indefinite lockdown. Dumbo Dan too thick to learn from the issues of other countries.

According to Mayers, an establishment insider, PHE is aware the COVID-19 PCR test false positive rate (FPR) may be as high as 5%, even in idealized ‘analytical’ laboratory environments. Out in the real world though, ‘operational’ false positives are often at least twice as likely to occur: via contamination of equipment (poor manufacturing) or reagents (poor handling), during sampling (poor execution), ‘aerosolization’ during swab extraction (poor luck), cross-reaction with other genetic material during DNA amplification (poor design specification), and contamination of the DNA target (poor lab protocol), all of which are aggravating factors additional to any problems inherent in the analytic sensitivity of the test process itself, which is itself far less binary than the policymakers seem to believe. As if this wasn’t bad enough, over-amplification of viral samples (i.e. a cycle threshold ‘Ct’ > 30) causes old cases to test positive, at least 6 weeks after recovery when people are no longer infectious and the virus in their system is no longer remotely viable, leading Jason Leitch, Scotland’s National Clinical Director to call the current PCR test ‘a bit rubbish.’

And hasn't worked. Sutton no choice but to chuck the Police under the bus.
Has to keep his own rep.
"So yeah I asked as part of Hotel Quarantine but up to the Police to do Human Rights obligation."
um to my mind they are all trying to cower under the bus.. no they are just padding out their car seat.. no I am trying to comprehend those who
knew things would happen and are slowly trying to extricate themselves from it all. Not sure if Brett Sutton is to blame for any of this.. he is
actually the person who you would 'trust' in all of this..

um to my mind they are all trying to cower under the bus.. no they are just padding out their car seat.. no I am trying to comprehend those who
knew things would happen and are slowly trying to extricate themselves from it all. Not sure if Brett Sutton is to blame for any of this.. he is
actually the person who you would 'trust' in all of this..
Why didn't anyone knock on his door when they were setting up the nuts and bolts of hotel quarantine?

I'm pleased we have a Premier who has got to work and brought under control problems resulting ostensibly from poor public service management, including not communicating vital information to government. Not that there have not been missteps by his government.

Had the somnolent Vet, the lobster with a mobster, or - heaven forfend - the failed treasurer and present Leader of the Opposition been in charge we'd have our ICU units and not coping and infection numbers in the thousands as the reactionaries placed mammon before health as they always do. And have been indicating they would.

Thank goodness for a Premier who grabbed the reins and got the matter under control. MJA.

Bingo!

1vff4B8.jpg

Had the somnolent Vet, the lobster with a mobster, or - heaven forfend - the failed treasurer and present Leader of the Opposition been in charge we'd have our ICU units and not coping and infection numbers in the thousands as the reactionaries placed mammon before health as they always do. And have been indicating they would.
You don't need to compare us to some fantasy, just compare us to other states.

Who would trade places with us?

Would it have mattered if they tested them on the 13th day? They’re released the next day, get the results 2 days later, then its too late...what can you do?

This thread should be retitled, “How would you rate Victoria as a place to live.” Well, its f’ed!

You obviously don’t release people until they test negative, that makes sense to most people and before this outbreak, what most people assumed was going on.

Even when they were swamped, they were still able to get tests back in 24 hrs if they were a priority

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 3 weeks everything in Victoria will still be shut so how is that anywhere near what the other states are currently doing?

WA is thriving and been open for over 3 months, so much for the people who say opening up caused the second wave.
in 3 weeks we will be in lower restrictions where we shouldnt have to go into another lockdown because we have reached a stage where we can keep the virus under control.

in 3 weeks we will be on the same terms as other states.

Isn't it 6 weeks best case scenario? End of October? If we get under 5 cases per day. And then you'll finally be able to get a hair cut and see your parents. Maybe then most kids will start heading back to school after essentially a half year off.

I hope we get there. I hope what Dan is doing works and I don't disagree with everything he has done. I do have real concerns about how he seemingly started to make decisions all by himself without expert recommendations, all the while telling us otherwise. That's never a good strategy for anyone. To put 5 million people under curfew and say its because of medical advice when its not is appalling.. even if you think its the right thing to do.

He is desperately trying to fix the mess he created but it's looking more and more like he's thrown all proper process, even our emergency provisions, out the window to try to do it. That just shouldn't happen.

in 3 weeks we will be in lower restrictions where we shouldnt have to go into another lockdown because we have reached a stage where we can keep the virus under control.

The best case scenario is 6 weeks we will go to step 3, where Regional Victoria is at. But that’s relying on 14 consecutive days of less than 5 cases AND zero unknown transmissions in those 14 days.

At that point we will have been in lockdown for 16 consecutive weeks...

Hasnt Dan told us about the mystery cases? He will before he can ease off.

The best case scenario is 6 weeks we will go to step 3, where Regional Victoria is at. But that’s relying on 14 consecutive days of less than 5 cases AND zero unknown transmissions in those 14 days.

At that point we will have been in lockdown for 16 consecutive weeks...
Average over 14 days not 14 consecutive days. And aren’t you city people allowed up to 5 unknown cases?

Average over 14 days not 14 consecutive days. And aren’t you city people allowed up to 5 unknown cases?

Ahh so it is, thought it was the same as regional Victoria with no unknown cases, can't expect consistency I suppose!

I thought it was a 14 day average at the date, but then with Regional Victoria they had to wait a few days for some unknown date, even though they'd been under 5 for a while, so was wondering if they were going for 14 day's straight or just making things up as they go!

Ahh so it is, thought it was the same as regional Victoria with no unknown cases, can't expect consistency I suppose!

I thought it was a 14 day average at the date, but then with Regional Victoria they had to wait a few days for some unknown date, even though they'd been under 5 for a while, so was wondering if they were going for 14 day's straight or just making things up as they go!
We had to have zero mystery cases and we had one that started September 1st so they had to wait 14 days till they fell off the list. It does seem odd that we had to have zero and you can have 5 but I guess they have been all over the place with their decisions the whole time

link to dan andrews being involved in show funerals pls
That wasn't my point and you know it.

We're stuck in a rut with feel-good politics, cliches, and facades being valued above factual analysis and accountability. Indonesia have 230k total cases and 9000+ deaths (that we know of) from covid-19, yet they're being used as an example to follow by people who think of success in terms of daily stats because of one photo that fits their narrative.

Give me a break. Wake me up when this year of stupidity is over.

It is goid standard, that's why she was caught straight away at 12.15am, taken by police for covid testing, then driven back to her home in Hornsby for mandatory home quarantine.

If only Victoria was so efficient
But why was she there in the first place? Even the ADF is susceptible to the stupidity of human beings. No matter what you do, you can't avoid someone screwing up somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back