Australia Tour of England 3 T20 Internationals and 3 ODIs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody excellent game of cricket. One of the best wins I can remember. To come from that position and to then claw their way back only to nearly choke at the end, but then to bring it home - awesome. Maxwell, Carey Awesome, Starc clutch, Zampa good earlier.

I wasn't feeling particularly optimistic come the last over. My partner asked me if Starc is any good, to which I hesitantly replied - 'well he's a bowler, but he can hit it pretty far'! And he did, first ball six then won the game with a four. Clutch, just ice cold from Starc.

Everything I’ve read this morning suggests that was one of the best games of ODI cricket of all time. Or at least in recent memory.

The day is always a good one when we beat the Poms. Congrats guys.

Extraordinary stuff from Carey, Maxxy and Starc. Thought we were finished at 5/75.

Carey especially proved me wrong, brilliant innings. Maxxy, just does what he does. If he could develop some more consistency, he'd be the best LOI player in the world. When he's on he is simply unstoppable.

So does langer the genius still think all maxi is is a late innings slogger so keep him at 7??

******* ridiculous... won of the serious bailing us out twice at 2 for * all ... langer has no idea seriously

So does langer the genius still think all maxi is is a late innings slogger so keep him at 7??

******* ridiculous... won of the serious bailing us out twice at 2 for fu** all ... langer has no idea seriously

Can't agree. Until he shows it a few more times happy with him at 6/7. He did it last night and well done but how many times does he swing like a drunken sailor from ball 1? He gave himself 15 balls last night, that's the difference.

Can't agree. Until he shows it a few more times happy with him at 6/7. He did it last night and well done but how many times does he swing like a drunken sailor from ball 1? He gave himself 15 balls last night, that's the difference.

He’s still dealing with a stereotype from his first couple years fact is he’s done that plenty when given the proper chance .. when he swings like a drunken sailor it’s because we need 7 an over when he comes in ...

It’s time to start recognising he’s actually had a pretty decent odi career and Is a proper 5 or 6 bat no lower .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s still dealing with a stereotype from his first couple years fact is he’s done that plenty when given the proper chance .. when he swings like a drunken sailor it’s because we need 7 an over when he comes in ...

It’s time to start recognising he’s actually had a pretty decent odi career and Is a proper 5 or 6 bat no lower .

And again 7 an over is nothing, you can catch up. I get it if we need 10-12 an over but not7. He doesn't give himself time. Happy with him at 6/7. He really should be the floater in our lineup.

Ill own up, I thought Phillipe should have been in the team before Carey. Think he has booked his spot for the next couple of series after that performance. (and deserves it too)

Second this. Thought Carey was fantastic after the horrible shot off that no ball.

Bowling Rashid to Starc was absolute madness. As soon as I saw him walking up to bowl I felt reasonably confident Starc could get at least one away, and what a shot it was.

Bowling Rashid to Starc was absolute madness. As soon as I saw him walking up to bowl I felt reasonably confident Starc could get at least one away, and what a shot it was.

Anyone they bowled he could have slogged 1, 10 off the last isn't a lot.

The more that chase went on 320 was about par. Whilst we bowled horrible in the last 5 overs, we kept the score under par on a fantastic wicket.

Anyone they bowled he could have slogged 1, 10 off the last isn't a lot.

The more that chase went on 320 was about par. Whilst we bowled horrible in the last 5 overs, we kept the score under par on a fantastic wicket.
I didnt watch the whole game but traditionally Old Trafford is a difficult wicket to chase down. It's the highest chase, batting 2nd on this ground in an ODI. Australia would chase that target probably 1 time every 5 games in my opinion. I switched off the game when England posted 300 but fair play to the Aussies for chasing that. Woke up to a pleasant surprise.

I didnt watch the whole game but traditionally Old Trafford is a difficult wicket to chase down. It's the highest chase, batting 2nd on this ground in an ODI. Australia would chase that target probably 1 time every 5 games in my opinion. I switched off the game when England posted 300 but fair play to the Aussies for chasing that. Woke up to a pleasant surprise.

Looked a great wicket, whilst there was some turn it wasn't massive and the ball just skidded on for the quicks. I would have batted first too so I don't blame England but this was the best wicket of the series imo. Bairstow getting out hurt them at least 30 runs.

And again 7 an over is nothing, you can catch up. I get it if we need 10-12 an over but not7. He doesn't give himself time. Happy with him at 6/7. He really should be the floater in our lineup.

He does give himself time when he has time and has played plenty of great knocks doing it .. you pidge on hole someone as a late innings slogger and don’t be surprised when that’s what you get

Last night is not the first time he’s bailed us out like that.

He was poo in the WC when we really needed him. Talented no doubt but about as reliable as a plumber's estimate. Down at 6 or 7 is where he belongs with his bag of tricks.

He does give himself time when he has time and has played plenty of great knocks doing it .. you pidge on hole someone as a late innings slogger and don’t be surprised when that’s what you get

Last night is not the first time he’s bailed us out like that.

Plenty is pushing it. Good on him he did last night, lets see him do it over a sustained period, then we can revisit a change in the order. You EARN the right to go up the order. 1-2 knocks doesn't do that.

He was poo in the WC when we really needed him. Talented no doubt but about as reliable as a plumber's estimate. Down at 6 or 7 is where he belongs with his bag of tricks.
He was is horrendous form in the World Cup but he did have an excellent 2015 World Cup so it's not like he's never shown up when it matters. He's changed his stance since the World Cup and it seems to be allowing him to get into better positions especially to the short ball which he had problems with in the World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back