Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Again boo hoo, every team has had it hard not just your mob.
Yeah nah I'm not gonna take anything away from Port, you guys have had an awesome year and are a real flag chance but you're year hasn't been anywhere similar to the other clubs especially the Melbourne clubs.

You're guys have been mostly at home with no restrictions playing infront of home crowds. Just enjoy it rather than being a Dingle berry about it

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah nah I'm not gonna take anything away from Port, you guys have had an awesome year and are a real flag chance but you're year hasn't been anywhere similar to the other clubs especially the Melbourne clubs.

You're guys have been mostly at home with no restrictions playing infront of home crowds. Just enjoy it rather than being a Dingle berry about it
The first half of the year was not like that, we played the first 6 out of 7 games (in a 17 game season) playing away. Complaining about having it tough this year is pathetic, every team has had it tough.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
B vlastuin may l Ryan
Hb j lloyd Andrews c daniel
W menegola j steele Duncan
Hf Martin T Hawkins C Petracca
F Butler JJ kennedy C Dixon
R Nic Nat L Neale J Macrae
Int Bont boak haynes wallis

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
B vlastuin may l Ryan
Hb j lloyd Andrews c daniel
W menegola j steele Duncan
Hf Martin T Hawkins C Petracca
F Butler JJ kennedy C Dixon
R Nic Nat L Neale J Macrae
Int Bont boak haynes wallis
Is Jakovich still a selector? Only way Kennedy could possibly get in.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The first half of the year was not like that, we played the first 6 out of 7 games (in a 17 game season) playing away. Complaining about having it tough this year is pathetic, every team has had it tough.
And then played half a season at home with crowds something the majority of clubs didn't get.
I don't care if you wanna argue back I'm not gonna read it tbh. Ports had a bit of advantage this year, o already said I don't consider you any less of a premiership threat due to it.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs

Port Adelaide 7 games in Adelaide
Richmond 4 games in Melbourne
Geelong 4 games in Geelong/Melbourne

A difference, absolutely but not a massive one.
(and that's not considering the travel discrepancies in this discussion)

The real advantage is that we play finals at home.
As long as we don't play WC. Still salty about Shuey.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Port Adelaide 7 games in Adelaide
Richmond 4 games in Melbourne
Geelong 4 games in Geelong/Melbourne

A difference, absolutely but not a massive one.
(and that's not considering the travel discrepancies in this discussion)

The real advantage is that we play finals at home.
As long as we don't play WC. Still salty about Shuey.

You deliberately were misleading with those figures.

Richmond's first 4 games were against other Vic teams with no crowds, literally a neutral game at a neutral venue.
Port has played 6 genuine home games with crowds.

Interesting what they do with the forwardline this year.

Do they pick 6 genuine forwards?
with a few gun mids playing fwd/mid splits will the fill the hff line with those types?
How many KPF will make the team?
How many pressure/small forwards?
Will there be any room for those hybrid forwards who aren't KPF but also don't rotate through the mid?

Interesting what they do with the forwardline this year.

Do they pick 6 genuine forwards?
with a few gun mids playing fwd/mid splits will the fill the hff line with those types?
How many KPF will make the team?
How many pressure/small forwards?
Will there be any room for those hybrid forwards who aren't KPF but also don't rotate through the mid?

You'd assume 2 keys (likely to be Hawkins and Dixon), then two smalls. Fill the rest, that might be a Martin type at HFF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost a 100% chance they stick Petracca on the HFF

That's the other one, Boak too. It's a bit of a joke they have this fascination of picking every mid out of position in one team. The wingmen are the worst examples in the past. It's why I've been consistent, pick TWO wingers, don't pick an inside mid on the wing!

My very large forward line squad, pls let me know who I've missed:

KPF: Hawkins, Dixon, Kennedy
Pressure Fwds: Butler, Papley, Wallis
Hybrid Fwds: Gunston, Cameron, Ryan
Mid/Fwds: Martin, Petracca

Boak and Danger have only kicked 8 goals guys should they even be considered good forwards this year? Good mids yes but forwards......

Boak and Danger have only kicked 8 goals guys should they even be considered good forwards this year? Good mids yes but forwards......

I've seen it way too many times though!

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's the other one, Boak too. It's a bit of a joke they have this fascination of picking every mid out of position in one team. The wingmen are the worst examples in the past. It's why I've been consistent, pick TWO wingers, don't pick an inside mid on the wing!

To be fair, a lot of inside mids can play the wing position that's why. It's all well and good having guys like gaff, acres and menegola etc that get the cheap ball but it's a position that many players can play if given the opportunity. And I know if my life depended on it then I'd much prefer have bontempelli on a wing than an andrew gaff

To be fair, a lot of inside mids can play the wing position that's why. It's all well and good having guys like gaff, acres and menegola etc that get the cheap ball but it's a position that many players can play if given the opportunity. And I know if my life depended on it then I'd much prefer have bontempelli on a wing than an andrew gaff

I wouldn't, I would take Gaff anyway in that position and it's not even close really.

Martin, Petracca okay. They have kicked enough goals to compare them to other forwards but the other 2 just scrape into the top 100.

These selectors have a weird way of thinking though! Weirdly I hope Gunston gets in from your side, rate his season massively.

These selectors have a weird way of thinking though! Weirdly I hope Gunston gets in from your side, rate his season massively.
Yeah your Hybrid forwards need to have like absolute Elite seasons to make these teams, like you see one make the team every 2nd year at best. Cameron is another who is going to suffer making these teams over his career much like Gunston has.

Re: Gunston has been good started well but built on that and now is finishing the year strong as ever. Probably makes the squad not sure on the 22.

Yeah your Hybrid forwards need to have like absolute Elite seasons to make these teams, like you see one make the team every 2nd year at best. Cameron is another who is going to suffer making these teams over his career much like Gunston has.

Re: Gunston has been good started well but built on that and now is finishing the year strong as ever. Probably makes the squad not sure on the 22.

Yeah and this year is weird for these hybrid forwards, I guess maybe Wallis is one that has but apart from that...even the small forwards have been relatively down.

You deliberately were misleading with those figures.

Richmond's first 4 games were against other Vic teams with no crowds, literally a neutral game at a neutral venue.
Port has played 6 genuine home games with crowds.
tbf using Richmond is a bad example. They have had the best draw as far as travels goes for any Victorian team

Probably helps that your captain sooks and threatens to leave the hub I guess

My very large forward line squad, pls let me know who I've missed:

KPF: Hawkins, Dixon, Kennedy
Pressure Fwds: Butler, Papley, Wallis
Hybrid Fwds: Gunston, Cameron, Ryan
Mid/Fwds: Martin, Petracca

Petracca and Boak should be the starting mids and not considered in the forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back