Resource 2020 Draft Watch (picks 1, 9, 20, 30, 45, 50, 60, 74) - updated R17 15/9/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much. Move 28 on and be done with it. GWS are going to be stacked for talent for a long long time, so no need to burn those bridges just so a couple of posters can get their dicks hard.

Save PSD for anything involving Brouch if we do opt to trade him.

what are your thoughts on how to use the PSD pick 1 - don’t understand the crouch reference. we match his offer or we don’t. what’s PSD got to do with that?

ps pick 28 is going to end up being about pick 40 when it’s finally drawn so you probably right on hately...

Every chance Cameron and Williams leave GWS via Free Agency, if it happens, probably nets them 2 x band 1 picks (9 and 10, with 9 slipping back a bit due to the deficit carried over).
Points deficit are taken from the clubs existing picks prior to trade period

Ok please go easy on me as I have just finished a lovely Barossa Shiraz as I have a day off tomorrow and yes I know google is my friend however, what are the dates for trade week and the draft?

Also at this point during a pandemic year has Gil made any changes to either of these processes?

what are your thoughts on how to use the PSD pick 1 - don’t understand the crouch reference. we match his offer or we don’t. what’s PSD got to do with that?

ps pick 28 is going to end up being about pick 40 when it’s finally drawn so you probably right on hately...

Brad Crouch was more a reference that if we do match, we might still be able to trade him. Though, of course, that could get uncomfortable quickly.

Honestly, I wouldn't use it. Not unless we were planning to poach someone from Essendon, Carlton, Geelong or Port (aaannnddd Sydney, but that's for my own lols).

So their first pick at 28 slips to 41 based on a 250 point deficit?. One would think they would be very open to trading in earlier picks.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, just like Freo and Port have their first picks slide back

Ok please go easy on me as I have just finished a lovely Barossa Shiraz as I have a day off tomorrow and yes I know google is my friend however, what are the dates for trade week and the draft?

Also at this point during a pandemic year has Gil made any changes to either of these processes?
NTRabbit has put together a thread with all the key off season dates and changes to the list.

If we land McDonald, hollands and thilthorpe id be froffffffin.

Hawks may trade pick 3 for 9 and 3 second round picks?

The dream:

1. WBD: JUH (MATCH ADEL BID)
2. ADEL: MCDONALD
3. ADEL: HOLLANDS
4. NM: PHILLIPS
5. SYD: CAMPBELL (MATCH HAWKS BID)
5. HAW: BRUHN
6. ADEL: THILTHORPE (TRADE SYD POINTS WHEN THEY MATCH CAMPBELL BID)

Do we need both McDonald and Thilthorpe? We already have Himmelberg who is showing signs. Fogarty is worth persisting.

Stengle, McDonald/Thilthorpe, Fogarty
Lynch/McHenry/Davis/Jones/Resting Mid, Himmelberg, McAdam.

Frampton as back up
Still have Worrell and McAsey who we may struggle to fit in with Talia still around, Hartigan is playing his best football and only 28, Doedee, Butts.

If we lose Brouch then we have a huge hole to fill, plus want to add more Midfield talent. Sloane is near his end too. To me mids are of more urgent needs after we pick 1 potential gun FF.

If Brouch stays, then sure go for the 2 forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what’s interesting about the hollands revelation is it takes the pressure off to pick a local in thilthorpe. I doubt thilthorpe will slide to gws pick if it does great. whether we trade up on the night I’m less sure than others.

I expect assuming brad goes that it’s looking more like hollands with our first pick, mcdonald with our second compo pick and then o’driscoll with the third as he’s mcdonald’s perth team-mate.

they have been recruiting in teammate pairs lately and making a point of it: sholl/gollant and mcasey/worrell. Yes gollant was a different draft.

my personal preference would be take hollands with first pick after using the bcrouch compo pick 2 plus something to try to wedge rankine out of GC and then work that pick 9 up the board to get thilthorpe

We have a good possibility to get 4 picks in the top 10, But I see us gambling to trade for future picks heavily for next season.

I feel this draft period will leave everyone dissatisfied especially how far we will go to clean the slate and backfill with unknown players.

I feel we will trade for a star next year over trying to draft a star.

2021 looks to be big fish season

Do we need both McDonald and Thilthorpe? We already have Himmelberg who is showing signs. Fogarty is worth persisting.

Stengle, McDonald/Thilthorpe, Fogarty
Lynch/McHenry/Davis/Jones/Resting Mid, Himmelberg, McAdam.

Frampton as back up
Still have Worrell and McAsey who we may struggle to fit in with Talia still around, Hartigan is playing his best football and only 28, Doedee, Butts.

If we lose Brouch then we have a huge hole to fill, plus want to add more Midfield talent. Sloane is near his end too. To me mids are of more urgent needs after we pick 1 potential gun FF.

If Brouch stays, then sure go for the 2 forwards.
Thilthorpe and McDonald are different players. Thilthorpe has more xfactor in him due to his athleticism. Himmelberg is improving but is not elite like those two above.

I think I'm leaning towards Hollands and Thilthorpe.

Got a feeling some here do not want to be seen to be in the 'Gotta pick Brad Ebert' camp in 5 years. Thilthorpe is not Brad Ebert.

There's a lot to like about Thilthorpe, I'd have no issue if we took him over McDonald.

Last edited:
I think if we're looking to get Thilthorpe, the best way would be to trade down, not up.

Trade pick 1 or 2 to Hawthorn, so they can get ahead of NM and get McDonald. We take Elijah Hollands, and hope to f*** that NM take DGB or Phillips.

I think there's a big chance that Thilthorpe goes 3, though - talls are where it's at in this draft and rebuilding sides need them.

Maybe we trade 1, take Thilthorpe 2 and pray to get Hollands at 4? I actually think NM might be fearful of taking the guy with the ACL at 3.

I’ll be honest. None of the picks really excite me. Leaning towards getting Holland’s with pick 1 (after bidding on the Dogs player) then getting to a point to get Thilthorpe, which lets us keep Brouch.

thank you, sanity, this will likely happen

Brouch will stay
we will trade up for Tilty

I think if we're looking to get Thilthorpe, the best way would be to trade down, not up.

Trade pick 1 or 2 to Hawthorn, so they can get ahead of NM and get McDonald. We take Elijah Hollands, and hope to f*** that NM take DGB or Phillips.

I think there's a big chance that Thilthorpe goes 3, though - talls are where it's at in this draft and rebuilding sides need them.

Maybe we trade 1, take Thilthorpe 2 and pray to get Hollands at 4? I actually think NM might be fearful of taking the guy with the ACL at 3.

Hollands won’t slide out to 4 so too big a risk. He is the player we actually don’t have any of... We need to use pick 1 to grab him. The talls whilst we may not have this quality of TT and Mcdonald we have some pieces. I still think brad will go to port or geelong and we will get our band1 compo somehow.

It's funny the Ebert/Danger comparison with McDonald and Thilthorpe.

It could be argued that Thilthorpe is the Dangerfield in this scenario.

Could McDonald be possibly closer to his ceiling at a young age, like Ebert? Thilthorpe with his athleticism projects to be a very good player.

We're not picking who we think is the better player right now, it's who we think will be the better player in the long term.

It's funny the Ebert/Danger comparison with McDonald and Thilthorpe.

It could be argued that Thilthorpe is the Dangerfield in this scenario.

Could McDonald be possibly closer to his ceiling at a young age, like Ebert? Thilthorpe with his athleticism projects to be a very good player.

We're not picking who we think is the better player right now, it's who we think will be the better player in the long term.

Agree. Also and I’ve not seen him live but way down the track could TT develop into a mobile ruck to replace ROB after playing as a forward for 5 years. ROB is already 25 I think. TT be given some on ball time in next few years to develop. But Hollands must be priority 1.

If we get pick 1 & 2 I'm taking Hollands and 1 of Thilthorpe/McDonald with all likelihood there's every chance mids like Tanner Bruhn, Nathan O'Driscoll will be available at our GWS pick.

There's going to be several really underrated mids likely still available I would think around our pick 20/28 onwards i.e Zavier Maher, Tom Powell, Caleb Poulter and a Hamish special Ollie Davis.
I’d be completely fine with this draft i it came to fruition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back