Game Day ROUND 18 Discussion - GRAND FINAL!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'll still cop a donut in my current form!

Know the feeling.....

I've been going for uniques for the past few weeks, but they'll all hit the skids at the same time and I just had one of my worst rounds since Round 1.....

Anyway, this week:

Watson - 170k
Mosquito - 170K
Coleman - Dunkley

Fills the M8 spot with a 'premium', so I've sort of completed my team.

It's rubbish, but it's done....

Know the feeling.....

I've been going for uniques for the past few weeks, but they'll all hit the skids at the same time and I just had one of my worst rounds since Round 1.....

Anyway, this week:

Watson - 170k
Mosquito - 170K
Coleman - Dunkley

Fills the M8 spot with a 'premium', so I've sort of completed my team.

It's rubbish, but it's done....
Coleman is at least getting near it, some of my so called premo's though? useless...

1. Lloyd and Brodie Smith

2. Caleb Daniel and Daniel Rich

3. Jack Crisp and Kade Simpson

post trades, which is the better combo lads?

Simpson I feel will be fed the ball in his last game

Given the recent media focus on Daniel, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get extra attention this week. Not sure how much tagging/lockdown Freo have been doing lately, but he'd be the guy I went to.

True. He is a gun

Maybe I go Crisp and Simpson. Think Simpson will get fed a heap of cheap ball in his last game

Just remember that, when it all goes horribly wrong, there was logic in my answer.

And logic should be ignored on here at all time....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selecting players that play against Essendon worked last week so will be doing that again

Basically need to decide between trading 2 of Taranto, Haynes, Simpkin or Houli.. would be to Laird for Haynes/Houli or Zerrett (any one else) for Taranto, Acres for Simpkin. The other trade is Doc down and loop Greaves/Sholl in defence.

Need to make up 49 points for a hat. Another hail Mary option could be Neale to Merrett for a POD. Most have Neale but not Merrett.

Also I'm unsure on Simpkin - has had to go but nearly everyone has traded him out so can he get 70-80 this week and be a POD.. probably not!!

Simpkin has to go, he is a UPODD "unique POD dud"
Have to agree, but this round of Fantasy is really scaring me for the simple fact that there are a few deadwood games... which can only mean rests and experiments with players. Entire Hawks board saying Wingard and Titch should get a rest bc why risk it. GC also have not a lot to play for. So I am stuck with Doch, Simpkin, Wingard and Titch that could very likely be rested. Essendon could be in a similar boat.

So in my case, I almost have to keep the dud Simpkin bc I'd hate to be in the GF and have two players out bc of f*n rolling lockout and teams being announced the night before!

Have to agree, but this round of Fantasy is really scaring me for the simple fact that there are a few deadwood games... which can only mean rests and experiments with players. Entire Hawks board saying Wingard and Titch should get a rest bc why risk it. GC also have not a lot to play for. So I am stuck with Doch, Simpkin, Wingard and Titch that could very likely be rested. Essendon could be in a similar boat.

So in my case, I almost have to keep the dud Simpkin bc I'd hate to be in the GF and have two players out bc of f*n rolling lockout and teams being announced the night before!
I hear ya. GWS were (and almost still are) a finals chance and they drop their captain.
He wasn't great, but that's a poor call doing that with finals on the line. Rumours that Taranto could be dropped this week (missed a lot of the season so probably shouldn't be)

Witherden @ Bris. He's best 22, yet they'd prefer to make a statement.

WCE are seldom restrictive of opposition anyone. Last week was a bruising encounter, I don't see them clamping down on Simpkin if the scoreline goes as it should.

It's been a crazy season, I doubt the final round is going to suddenly be a ray of sunshine.
1 more week of complaining, then we can enjoy finals, and be thinking about next year's teams and somehow missing fantasy after what the S.O.B did to us this year.

Would be slightly wary of Daniel (not that im aiming for him)... Cazaly's at night - where its greasy at the best of times and nearly every game so far has been rain affected and its not like he gets his own ball. Also last week was literally his career best score scaled - i wouldnt chase. There's better IMO

Bugger it, going Kade Simpson I think. First game all year without Docherty, can see the Blues looking forward him all night. Allows me to take Crisp over Daniel as well

Yeah I’m debating the whole Simpson thing too! I’m thinking either Simpson or Hurn tonight.

It will be from Day. So less of a risk. But still gotta decide

The closer to go-time.. i start thinking about holding Simpkin and pray for a 70.

He's not unique in my matchup before we start, which lends me to wonder if im better preparing for potential carnage / chasing 2 of the massive targets this week (Zerrett/Gawn)

The closer to go-time.. i start thinking about holding Simpkin and pray for a 70.

He's not unique in my matchup before we start, which lends me to wonder if im better preparing for potential carnage / chasing 2 of the massive targets this week (Zerrett/Gawn)

I'm in the same boat.

I'm also considering emergency loop-holing Simpkin tonight.
If he fails then I could scrape cash together to get Riccardi up to Acres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back