List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png
1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Go Dogs.

Hmm, Saints go down to GWS, dees likely to scrape through on %

GWS need dogs to lose, and beat saints by 50 to make it.

Would've been nice to better pick 8. Now begrudgingly take pick 9. But results go against us and pick 9 fast turns into pick 12.

Saints and dogs eh, it all comes down to Saints and dogs.

Last edited:
Go Dogs.

Hmm, Saints go down to GWS, dees likely to scrape through on %

GWS need dogs to lose, and beat saints by 50 to make it.

Would've been nice to better pick 8. Now begrudgingly take pick 9. But results go against us and pick 9 fast turns into pick 12.

Saints and dogs eh, it all comes down to Saints and dogs.
Or pick 18

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

For our sake we want them to miss finals - in a year like this anything is possible in finals and we could fast lose ground on this pick.

Whats the approximate points difference the dees would have to beat * by and saints lose to overtake on percentage? Considering bulldogs win or this all becomes redundant

I believe the appropriate statistical metric is "*en heaps"

I believe the appropriate statistical metric is "fu**en heaps"

It's actually not much, using ladder predictor in AFL app, seems like a 25 point win over ess will get the job done if saints lose. Basically a done deal.

Roughly Looks like gws beat saints by 15
Dees beat * by 25

Dees make the 8.

Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's actually not much, using ladder predictor in AFL app, seems like a 25 point win over ess will get the job done if saints lose. Basically a done deal.

Roughly Looks like gws beat saints by 15
Dees beat * by 25

Dees make the 8.

Just had a quick look at it.

St Kilda lose to GWS 60-75 and end with a percentage of 109.1
Melbourne beat Essendon 71-40 and end with a percentage of 109.1

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Just had a quick look at it.

St Kilda lose to GWS 60-75 and end with a percentage of 109.1
Melbourne beat Essendon 71-40 and end with a percentage of 109.1

GWS haven't cracked 60 points in a Qld night match this season.
StKIlda have conceded 75+ points in a one night match this season (Geelong).
Melbourne's top score at Carrara in all conditions is 52 points.

Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
GWS haven't cracked 60 points in a Qld night match this season.
StKIlda have conceded 75+ points in a one night match this season (Geelong).
Melbourne's top score at Carrara in all conditions is 52 points.

I wonder if it's still possible for Melbourne to make the eight if these conditions are all met. Just for the fun of it, assuming St Kilda lose 40-60 and Melbourne score only 52 points, Essendon would need to only score 25 points for Melbourne to make finals.

Given how low scores are this season it's probably too hard for teams to make up percentage in one round.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I wonder if it's still possible for Melbourne to make the eight if these conditions are all met. Just for the fun of it, assuming St Kilda lose 40-60 and Melbourne score only 52 points, Essendon would need to only score 25 points for Melbourne to make finals.

Given how low scores are this season it's probably too hard for teams to make up percentage in one round.

I don't know, but I would be looking for 8/1 to bet on it.

Pies will win tomorrow night and the Dogs will win next week - finals over now for the Dees and pick 9 to us.

On present form, Freo are far more likely to beat WB than Essendon are to beat the Demons. Just sayin’. On the other hand, the Demons are way more likely to screw things up than WB. It’s a conundrum, really.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For our sake we want them to miss finals - in a year like this anything is possible in finals and we could fast lose ground on this pick.

Call me skeptical, but the AFL love a fairytale and Melbourne breaking their premiership drought after sneaking into the eight would be a beauty. The AFL can contrive whatever result they want and this has a Footscray 2016 feel to it if they get in. They've already had a pile of luck just to get where they are now.

Hopefully St.Kilda and Footscray take the luck out of it.

bengrina

Club Legend
Aug 29, 2012
West Baltimore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Call me skeptical, but the AFL love a fairytale and Melbourne breaking their premiership drought after sneaking into the eight would be a beauty. The AFL can contrive whatever result they want and this has a Footscray 2016 feel to it if they get in. They've already had a pile of luck just to get where they are now.

Hopefully St.Kilda and Footscray take the luck out of it.

They've been completely robbed of double up games against the bottom 6 sides as the fixture became a 17 game draw

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So lets imagine Caleb Serong was drafted by NMFC.

And Freo came to us and offered :

Pick 9-10
Perez.
And pick 50.

Would you do the trade ?

Would you give up a bottom age, highly promising, midfielder, potential Rising star winner for 3 picks. And only one in the top 25 ?

If you say no, then you agree with me. We got dudded.

What if pick 9 or 10 is better than serong?, this draft is supposed to be stronger anyway. You can prefer him but to say we got dudded is a bit premature

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What if pick 9 or 10 is better than serong?, this draft is supposed to be stronger anyway. You can prefer him but to say we got dudded is a bit premature

Some folks don't analyse facts and then have an emotional reaction.
They have an emotional reaction first, and then shoehorn the facts to justify it.

Welcome to the human race in 2020.

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We had the choice, option A or B.

OPTION A. C Serong. (exactly what we need)

OPTION B. (mystery)

We gave up exactly what we need for we dont know what we will get.

Personally, I would have taken Serong, because he's the sort of player we need anyway....

Back