List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

What if they get pick 2 to go with 1?

Why should we care what they get? I don't want to be like them and make every recruiting decision based on how it affects our immediate rivals.

Does it help us at all if Geelong become stronger and the crows get pick 2?

If we get the crows raining best and fairest for free and they end up with a pick in the twenties worth it just for the LOLs.
I dont care if they get pick 2. If we get a gun for free, plus we pick up a top 10 talent in Jones, whose gonna complain about that.

They'll probably get pick 2 wherever he goes, so may as well be us.

This might be the most easily disputed statement in the history of our species.

he’s older than Ollie but 155 games vs 94

crouch has only played 1 full season and he’s 27 years old.

that’s not myth.

Nah, the most easily disputed statement in the history of our species was when you said Melbourne dominated clearances against Port when we played them earlier this year. ;)

Simple fact is a guy who is constantly injured wouldn't be playing 22, 20, even 16 games in a season which Crouch has done in 3 of his last 4 seasons prior to this one.

The reason they will get pick 2 for him is more that the AFL will apply the rules to make sure they do. As with most AFL rulings the desired result is reached and then the rules are designed to fit around it.

I don't reckon he's that keen on staying there lol
I agree. Listening to his interview on 5-double crap, he is very honest and mentions a number of clear desires....
1] Wishes to play for a club the can 'improve him as a player'
2] A club that is in a 'window of success'
3] A club that has a 'good environment' (words to that effect)

It was a CLEAR dig at the Crows, and went straight over Rowes head!

Nah, the most easily disputed statement in the history of our species was when you said Melbourne dominated clearances against Port when we played them earlier this year. ;)

Simple fact is a guy who is constantly injured wouldn't be playing 22, 20, even 16 games in a season which Crouch has done in 3 of his last 4 seasons prior to this one.

go back and watch the melb game and tell me if you were happy with our hacked kicks out of clearances versus the melb mids waltzing it out through a guard of honour with all the time in the world to dispose of it.

our Midfield won that through sheer weight of numbers but their best 2-3 guys around the stoppages absolutely wrecked us. Luckily they had no one behind them when they rotated and did * all with it when they got it out.

crouch is 27 and only played out one full season. If he’s not massively injury prone than who the hell is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they dont get pick 2, they will keep him.

this is bullshit that crows fans keep peddling.

why would crouch be sitting around letting the crows, an organisation that have humbled their way through the last few years decide whether he plays elsewhere or not? He must be the nicest most selfless bloke in the history of the world and his manager must be inept.

crouch should be deciding where he wants to play next based on his needs and wants.

It also needs to be taken into account the complete mismanagement of that groin injury a few years ago.

He wanted to have the surgery as recommended by Simon Black, who he flew up to see as he had the same issues.

Burton wouldn't allow it. Ended up missing nearly triple the time he would've had he had the surgery like he wanted.

go back and watch the melb game and tell me if you were happy with our hacked kicks out of clearances versus the melb mids waltzing it out through a guard of honour with all the time in the world to dispose of it.

our Midfield won that through sheer weight of numbers but their best 2-3 guys around the stoppages absolutely wrecked us. Luckily they had no one behind them when they rotated and did fu** all with it when they got it out.

crouch is 27 and only played out one full season. If he’s not massively injury prone than who the hell is?
When you look closely, he has had a couple of serious injuries that have impacted his career to date, take those out, and as Ford says, his games record is OK. If he is def over those, then his injury past is no issue IMO

Dixon's "glass-ankles" come to mind!

"Motlop is understood to have been right at the bottom of the band for players who earn an end-of-first-round draft pick, while Rockliff - who was paid an estimated $650,000-$700,000 by Port - was right at the top of that band and not far from earning the Lions pick No.2.

First-round picks are awarded to players who rank in the top 5 per cent, based on the points, while end-of-first-round picks are given for free agents in the 5-15 per cent bracket."

Personally, if there was ever a year that I'd be happy for Adelaide to have multiple first round draft picks, it's this one. The chances of them screwing the pooch with all of them are incredibly high.

The reason they will get pick 2 for him is more that the AFL will apply the rules to make sure they do. As with most AFL rulings the desired result is reached and then the rules are designed to fit around it.
I felt like this was true til I saw how the AFL is shaping up to overcompensate them for Atkins.

I can see them giving them an end of 1st/start of 2nd for Atkins + pick 2 for Crouch.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree. Listening to his interview on 5-double crap, he is very honest and mentions a number of clear desires....
1] Wishes to play for a club the can 'improve him as a player'
2] A club that is in a 'window of success'
3] A club that has a 'good environment' (words to that effect)

It was a CLEAR dig at the Crows, and went straight over Rowes head!
You forgot making sure he calcified that he likes Adelaide THE CITY.

That was telling IMO.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Motlop is understood to have been right at the bottom of the band for players who earn an end-of-first-round draft pick, while Rockliff - who was paid an estimated $650,000-$700,000 by Port - was right at the top of that band and not far from earning the Lions pick No.2.

First-round picks are awarded to players who rank in the top 5 per cent, based on the points, while end-of-first-round picks are given for free agents in the 5-15 per cent bracket."

Personally, if there was ever a year that I'd be happy for Adelaide to have multiple first round draft picks, it's this one. The chances of them screwing the pooch with all of them are incredibly high.

Not to mention the plethora of top end talent tied up in NGA and father/son picks.

I'm ok with giving Crouch 4 even 5 years if it means keeping his salary at no more than $500k pa

Not the greatest signing but with Boak/Gray/Rockliff all the wrong side of 30 he's probably the best realistically available stop-gap

I'm ok with giving Crouch 4 even 5 years if it means keeping his salary at no more than $500k pa

Not the greatest signing but with Boak/Gray/Rockliff all the wrong side of 30 he's probably the best realistically available stop-gap

i agree! hes good enough as a clearance player and pill extractor to hand ball it out to Butters, Rozze, Duursma etc our run and gun players.
he doesnt need to be our number 1 mid

It also needs to be taken into account the complete mismanagement of that groin injury a few years ago.

He wanted to have the surgery as recommended by Simon Black, who he flew up to see as he had the same issues.

Burton wouldn't allow it. Ended up missing nearly triple the time he would've had he had the surgery like he wanted.

Spot on. Reckon I mentioned a similar thing a few years back. Brad was my year level all through high school at the same School so always got good mail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back