Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
And yet none of that justifies the terrible interceptions and constantly missed passes.

It wasn't NFL standard, let alone franchise standard. He's been around a long time now. He needs to be accountable for his own play, I'm sick of coddling him.

An elite QB wins that game from where we were. He was the reason we lost.

I would've thought that having no confidence in your o-line, receivers, or running backs would at least explain (if not justify) some of his passing.

Not really. Not to that extent. We just needed him not to s**t the bed from 17-0 up.

If he was even remotely competent we would have won.

Did his fear about the o-line result in him holding the ball far too long, dancing around, taking a sack and moving us from field goal range costing us critical points?

It's not the first time he's ******* done that.

Throw it away. Take the sack early. Just don't run backwards for ******* 15 yards.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Problem seems to be that Wentz goes into some default mode where he has to make the hero play every time the pocket goes to s**t, hence the occasional amazing play but more often results in fumbles & sacks. Doesn't help that the play calling didn't get him moving earlier but then I suppose they don't want to risk getting him hit, but he wont last too long anyway getting sacked at that rate.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Thank god we gave Peters that pay bump, it's not like he's constantly injured or anything.
Though given his age and how strict they have to be with these injury reports, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on it most weeks.

Problem seems to be that Wentz goes into some default mode where he has to make the hero play every time the pocket goes to sh*t, hence the occasional amazing play but more often results in fumbles & sacks. Doesn't help that the play calling didn't get him moving earlier but then I suppose they don't want to risk getting him hit, but he wont last too long anyway getting sacked at that rate.
An interesting set of stats ‘suggesting’ Wentz caused plenty of his own worries.

Don’t know if it actually tells that much of a story given Dak was similarly pressured for plenty of the game vs Donald, and yet OL won ‘70%’ of matchups.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
An interesting set of stats ‘suggesting’ Wentz caused plenty of his own worries.

Don’t know if it actually tells that much of a story given Dak was similarly pressured for plenty of the game vs Donald, and yet OL won ‘70%’ of matchups.

Think it's fair to say the Oline wasn't as horrible as it appeared watching live - the combo of some poor play calling & Wentz hanging onto the ball too long were the bigger issue, couple of blown blocking assignments by TE's & RB's didn't help matters either.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
I don't know what the problem is, but to me it either means Wentz needs to be replaced or Pederson needs to be replaced. Together they are just failing and leading this team no where (even last 2 years fluked it to playoffs and Foles was the reason they got in 2 years ago)

Wentz was PATHETIC again. He missed like half of his throws, and cost us the game with that end zone pick. I'm sick of watching him overthrow guys in the middle, and underthrow ******* screens. These aren't difficult throws.

If we had a viable back up, you'd bench him. It's just not good enough.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
It would be nice if someone from the team came out and said either Wentz doesn't practice enough, Wentz doesn't hit the targets in practice either (if that's the case then why is he starting and they didn't see this problem coming?), Wentz makes all the throws in practice but can't translate it to games for some reason (if this is the case then it's likely mental - psychological help required?)

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Are you blokes watching the same games as me?

Wentz was ordinary today, but he was far from terrible, and he wasn't in our top 5 biggest problems.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams

Wentz was ordinary today, but he was far from terrible, and he wasn't in our top 5 biggest problems.
Yeah he was he threw 2 interceptions. 2nd 1 was meh he was trying to make something happen but 1st one should have never be thrown. The defence was and is horrendous though. Rams scored TD on their first 3 possessions and possibly 5 TD and 1 fg in 8, maybe 9 possessions at most. How Schwarz still has a job is unbelievable

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
It would be nice if someone from the team came out and said either Wentz doesn't practice enough, Wentz doesn't hit the targets in practice either (if that's the case then why is he starting and they didn't see this problem coming?), Wentz makes all the throws in practice but can't translate it to games for some reason (if this is the case then it's likely mental - psychological help required?)

Some observers were concerned with Wentz in preseason practice, he was missing plenty of easy throws but making enough hard ones to keep a lid on things.

Wentz is throwing the ball awfuly, who tf knows what is going on with him, the Oline does a good enough job for most of the game yet he is still dogshit, high, low, wide with the occasional nice ball tucked in there, sound familiar?... & he will shortly get one of his receivers killed with these hospital balls he's chucking, JJAW lucky that ball was intercepted cause if he somehow had been able to catch it, they'd still be picking up peices of him.

& now the D is looking garbage as well, long season ahead methinks.

Last edited:

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
& now the D is looking garbage as well, long season ahead methinks.

I'm sure I said it at the time, and I'll say it again - letting a player like Jenkins walk is about as bad as it gets for a franchise that wanted to consider itself in contention. You lose your leadership, the system knowledge, and you end up with a bloke trying to master a position switch who just isn't getting it done.

I know that we like to spend our defensive resources on the line, but everything behind our D-line was beyond brutal today.

I often wonder that myself.

Watch the throws. Watch where they're going. Look at where they should be. How on earth could anyone think that he's playing passably?

This is the worst quarterback play we've had since Sanchize.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
Aug 11, 2006
It's clearly a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but what did others think about the piped in crowd noise today?

There were points where I wondered if they were deliberately piping in what Al Michaels loves calling "the boo birds". Which would be strange, but kind of awesome if there's one guy with his finger on a button going "* this s**t" and hitting the boos after another three and out.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
It's clearly a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but what did others think about the piped in crowd noise today?

There were points where I wondered if they were deliberately piping in what Al Michaels loves calling "the boo birds". Which would be strange, but kind of awesome if there's one guy with his finger on a button going "fu** this sh*t" and hitting the boos after another three and out.
Was done by the Fox broadcast team, not the stadium Lincoln Field staff. And yes was apparently deliberate by the producer, got media coverage after the game on a couple of Philly sites.

We deserved the boos, and it was far tamer than what a packed Linc crowd would have actually delivered.

Back