Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

That wasn't my point and you know it.

We're stuck in a rut with feel-good politics, cliches, and facades being valued above factual analysis and accountability. Indonesia have 230k total cases and 9000+ deaths (that we know of) from covid-19, yet they're being used as an example to follow by people who think of success in terms of daily stats because of one photo that fits their narrative.

Give me a break. Wake me up when this year of stupidity is over.

in response to a photo of family digging up a coffin, you said " All for show which is typical Indonesian style. Dan Andrews doesn't need help in that area."

what has andrews done "for show" on a scale of this? we are talking people digging up their family, not provision of daily stats FFS

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
We're stuck in a rut with feel-good politics, cliches, and facades being valued above factual analysis and accountability. Indonesia have 230k total cases and 9000+ deaths (that we know of) from covid-19, yet they're being used as an example to follow by people who think of success in terms of daily stats because of one photo that fits their narrative.

Those are phenomenally good numbers for such a largely and densely populated, relatively poor country...

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Some good No's today, except for deaths.

1600296737737.png

Great performance today, I feel much happier and safe.

Special call out to the cameramen/crew, for finally showing us the faces of the idiots asking these inane questions
Interesting that these undecided voters generally came out thinking they were being lied to.

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I see rumours on Twitter that Tim Smith and Matthew Guy are checking their numbers against O'Brien, who has struggled for relevance during the pandemic. hence the no-confidence motion.

I see rumours on Twitter that Tim Smith and Matthew Guy are checking their numbers against O'Brien, who has struggled for relevance during the pandemic. hence the no-confidence motion.

The no confidence motion is just stupid. If there was a cross bench to undermine, great, but this is a pure stunt.

I'm genuinely surprised how much the leadership in the libs has diluted in recent years (similar to alp feds)

Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have posted throughout the year that the Vic Liberals actually have the opportunity to destroy Labor at the next election but they continue to play politics while offering zero alternative policy. The no confidence is a pure political stunt. I have more confidence in a government that caused a second wave than I do the Victorian Liberals.

This does not seem like a shrewd strategy for getting swing voters on-side.

They are assuming online rage is translating to the electorate.

The boots thing for example got posted by 20k. That's a decent number, but not in a city of several million, and it's only a bit better than the qanon freaks have been doing (with online support pledges)

They need to come out with a plan b, that isn't just "this is wrong, and you don't deserve it"

Tim Smith is potentially the one politician in Australia who could Cormann look like a competent numbers man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Some good No's today, except for deaths.

View attachment 963319

Most are likely old deaths which are being added to the tally, hasn’t been more than about 3 new deaths on any day for the last week.

Only difference is Dan no longer announces this and it’s only when the press release comes out the truth does also but the media still report as deaths in last 24 hours which is false.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
But why was she there in the first place? Even the ADF is susceptible to the stupidity of human beings. No matter what you do, you can't avoid someone screwing up somewhere.

She was a guest in the non quarantine section.
They could see each other through the windows, he held up a sign with his MOB, they spoke, she snuck in, but was busted soon after.
Excellent security and efficiency by the ADF security

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
She was a guest in the non quarantine section.
They could see each other through the windows, he held up a sign with his MOB, they spoke, she snuck in, but was busted soon after.
Excellent security and efficiency by the ADF security

She breached an ADF controlled secure area, and only got busted because she laughed too loud a few hours later.

Tiger08

Premiership Player
Nov 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Of course he has no relevance. He has no power! Albo is in the same boat. The only reason opposition leaders normally are relevant is because journos covering politics have no more exciting content than whatever the latest opinion poll says about the chances of an opposition leader perhaps getting some power in the future.

Right now there's a lot more interest in what's going on with COVID which is all in the court of the current government. Who cares what the bloke who we might consider putting as Premier in 2 years thinks when we are under house arrest right now?!

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if this has already been posted, but Jake King nails it with the views of your ordinary everyday Melbounian and regional Victorian (not those from the public sector side of life) suffering through Andrews monumental incompetence and stuffups

Well, 2020 finally did it. It even managed to make Jake King an expert on anything other than extortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back