Game Day AFL Round 18: West Coast Eagles vs North Melbourne @ Metricon Thursday 5.10 pm 17th of September 2020.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I love when SB comes over to our board. It reminds me of when he came to rub it in our faces that Gaff to Norf was a done deal. The best of times.

You kept your man. For double the price. Huge win.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
And yet still had the cash to get Tim Kelly? 🤷‍♂️

It's pretty well known over on this side of the continent that "Nizza" has got his own printing press over there.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Huh? Don't you take money off a hamburger chain?
Im sure there is some misguided company that sponsors the kangas too mate, just noone has actually taken any notice of them for the past 10 years so buggered if I know who it is. So assuming there is such a sponsor, your claim that you are members owned is yet again a complete delusion.
Try again.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Im sure there is some misguided company that sponsors the kangas too mate, just noone has actually taken any notice of them for the past 10 years so buggered if I know who it is. So assuming there is such a sponsor, your claim that you are members owned is yet again a complete delusion.
Try again.

This is my point. We all take money to survive & put teams on the park, so placing brackets around certain aspects of that in order to promote some type of better club integrity is a flawed concept.

North IS a 100% members owned club mate. It's a certifiable fact.

We cannot be relocated or sold without the members support, whereas a corporate owned club can be sold or relocated on a corporate whim. Look no further than the NFL.

Now, if you claim that North requires outside funds to compete as an AFL "team", then you would be correct, but the same thing applies to EVERY "team" in the AFL. Your logic that North aren't a members controlled club due to outside sponsorship would logically equate to the Eagles being a Hungry Jacks outlet.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
This is my point. We all take money to survive & put teams on the park, so placing brackets around certain aspects of that in order to promote some type of better club integrity is a flawed concept.
So your initial statement that Norf has greater integrity because they were in a state league before West Coast is flawed.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Very true.

This is the price we pay for not being the McDonalds version of a football club.
Looks at Eagles list. Can’t see McDonald anywhere. Looks at Norfs list. Wait. Who’s this?
1600304938103.jpeg

Only one McDonalds franchise here it appears.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Wayne Carey has a lot to answer for. On top of the domestic violence, the assault, the arrests, the drug abuse and sleeping with his best mate and vice captains wife I think the worst thing he did was be ok at football in the 90’s and kept Norf afloat. They’d have been a Tasmanian or Gold Coast based team decades ago if not for him.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
We just need a good first half out of Nic Nat to:
i) Help us achieve some scoreboard distance
ii) Flog Goldstein to confirm his starting AA credentials

If it hits halftime and both of the above have been achieved, rest him for the rest of the game.

Into The Black

All Australian
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

We cannot be relocated or sold without the members support, whereas a corporate owned club can be sold or relocated on a corporate whim. Look no further than the NFL.

Now, if you claim that North requires outside funds to compete as an AFL "team", then you would be correct, but the same thing applies to EVERY "team" in the AFL. Your logic that North aren't a members controlled club due to outside sponsorship would logically equate to the Eagles being a Hungry Jacks outlet.
"Sold out" , Who would buy ? Alan Bond left the building buddy.

Into The Black

All Australian
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Wayne Carey has a lot to answer for. On top of the domestic violence, the assault, the arrests, the drug abuse and sleeping with his best mate and vice captains wife I think the worst thing he did was be ok at football in the 90’s and kept Norf afloat. They’d have been a Tasmanian or Gold Coast based team decades ago if not for him.
James Brayshaw had a fair bit to do with that. If it wasn't such a compromised league North would have folded years ago.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
i wish we weren't just a plastic franchise and had soul like north melbourne football club limited established 1985

View attachment 963422

Do you understand how this actually works?

You need to read up on the NMFC constitution to understand this better.

1600308550046.png

1600308614479.png

The clubs historical identity can not in any way be altered without the overwhelming approval of the club members:

1600308664090.png

1600308690333.png

Remember this next time you read some ridiculous AFL board "Norf will be relocated by the AFL to XXXXX" type crap. They simply don't have the power to do it.

Again, the members of the NMFC control the NMFC. It's day to day running is controlled by a board elected by those members and no one else.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
We just need a good first half out of Nic Nat to:

ii) Flog Goldstein to confirm his starting AA credentials

If it hits halftime and both of the above have been achieved, rest him for the rest of the game.

He gets 3 touches and Healy has him in the team, so I don't think he'll need to do much else.

If he doesn't even play he'll get Jakovich's nomination.

The AA team has been a running joke for years.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast

How good would it be if all the food outlets at Optus were HJs though.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
How good would it be if all the food outlets at Optus were HJs though.

You have my vote there. :thumbsu:

It's the better crap of all the crap, AND SUSHI AT THE FOOTBALL IS FOR PUSSIES!

Back