Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woosha has limited prospects of getting any serious role in a AFL coaching box.

Should have left the Bombers 2 years ago with a "mission accomplished" sign off and the kudo's that would have gone with it.

Unfortunately, stayed too long and his limitations as a coach which were clear to everyone by the end of his tenure at WC, resurfaced.

Bombers are a basket case and as much as he would like to blame the entrenched powers at Windy Hill, its happened on his watch.

Still a bit shirty at his coaching/selections for the 2005 GF (Gardner @ CHF WTF and all but one goal scored by Sydney came when Cox was absent from the ruck).

Cost us in 2005, but by 2006 at least he'd learn't that you don't need to play man on man in the back line and could make a move during a game (Huntaaaa to the Fwd line)

Sorry....
Read somewhere that Adelaide have already shown interest but Woosh wants to come back to WA.
The Essendon president has said Worsfold is a hero of Essendon.
I still think he's highly respected in the game, but I reckon his coaching days are up.

Reckon he would be a superb director of coaching TBH.
Wouldn't surprise me if Freo sound him out.

Still a bit shirty at his coaching/selections for the 2005 GF (Gardner @ CHF WTF and all but one goal scored by Sydney came when Cox was absent from the ruck).

Cost us in 2005, but by 2006 at least he'd learn't that you don't need to play man on man in the back line and could make a move during a game (Huntaaaa to the Fwd line)

Sorry....

I still believe Fido should've had a jab in his sore hip and played ahead of Kasey Green. I heard a few years after this period that he declared himself fit to play but Woosha ruled him out fairly bluntly and he announced his retirement not long after the loss.

Should have left the Bombers 2 years ago with a "mission accomplished" sign off and the kudo's that would have gone with it.

Unfortunately, stayed too long and his limitations as a coach which were clear to everyone by the end of his tenure at WC, resurfaced.

Bombers are a basket case and as much as he would like to blame the entrenched powers at Windy Hill, its happened on his watch.

He was damned either way - do well and it was Rutten who did all the work....go poorly and Woosha is to blame as he’s half way out the door.

Woosha hasn’t even been match day coach this year has he? - just the poor bastard who has to front the media at the end of the day...

He was damned either way - do well and it was Rutten who did all the work....go poorly and Woosha is to blame as he’s half way out the door.

Woosha hasn’t even been match day coach this year has he? - just the poor bastard who has to front the media at the end of the day...
Dud list but Dodo is supposed to be the guru

I suspect Woosha would have known and been happy enough that this was the case.

He, more than anyone else, has the self belief to not care what others say.

And when you've got two flags as skipper and another as coach, he probably sleeps okay.

I suspect Woosha would have known and been happy enough that this was the case.

He, more than anyone else, has the self belief to not care what others say.

And when you've got two flags as skipper and another as coach, he probably sleeps okay.

I don’t doubt it - I think those on the inside at Essendon will recognise and remember that.

It’s just flogs on the outside (like Lloyd) that got their noses put out of joint when they turfed Hird that are taking the opportunity to lay into Worsfold.

Sorry....
Doubt he wants to coach again. Would be a great GM of footy ops.

Read somewhere that Adelaide have already shown interest but Woosh wants to come back to WA.
The Essendon president has said Worsfold is a hero of Essendon.
I still think he's highly respected in the game, but I reckon his coaching days are up.

Reckon he would be a superb director of coaching TBH.
Wouldn't surprise me if Freo sound him out.
That would be great, then any success they achieve from here is credited to an eagles legend and an ex eagle assistant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly no idea what is wrong with the Freo board.

I respond to a post saying we are an 80% chance to get beat in the first final if we finish 5th asking is the poster wants to bet, get told by two others to leave their board, have the posts removed. Are they serious?

Then content like this:

There is something to be said for finishing 9th, not 8th and losing the first week of the finals.

2 extra weeks at the end of the season, translates into more break for the players, potentially earlier pre-season.

Gets liked and agreed with. They are actually think finishing 9th instead of 8th is an advantage because they get a longer preseason.

LOL absolutely LOL

I respond to a post saying we are an 80% chance to get beat in the first final if we finish 5th asking is the poster wants to bet, get told by two others to leave their board, have the posts removed. Are they serious?

Then content like this:

There is something to be said for finishing 9th, not 8th and losing the first week of the finals.

2 extra weeks at the end of the season, translates into more break for the players, potentially earlier pre-season.

Gets liked and agreed with. They are actually think finishing 9th instead of 8th is an advantage because they get a longer preseason.

LOL absolutely LOL

I heard on RTR FM this week that a Fremantle fan who was friends with the morning show host was upset at Freos late season form because it meant they wouldn't get as good of a draft pick 🤦

Finally it looks like they might be turning a corner and sections of their supporter base are annoyed about it because they want to collect more lucky dip draft picks.

Last edited:
I heard on RTR FM this week that a Fremantle fan who was friends with the morning show host was upset at Freos late season form because it meant they wouldn't get as good of a start pick 🤦

Finally it looks like they might be turning a corner and sections of their supporter base are annoyed about it because they want to collect more lucky dip draft picks.

Imagine picking high draft picks in an effort to improve and move up the ladder, only to get upset that you might not get as high a draft pick.

#freoforever

Then content like this:

LOL absolutely LOL
More to the point, why would you go to an opposition board where the majority
of posters probably hate WC and try and make a case for us?
You're just asking for trouble really.

You get some idiotic posts on here at times.
Imagine if you then got Freo members coming on here to offer suggestions.

More to the point, why would you go to an opposition board where the majority
of posters probably hate WC and try and make a case for us?
You're just asking for trouble really.

You get some idiotic posts on here at times.
Imagine if you then got Freo members coming on here to offer suggestions.

True I guess. How ever I don't think my post of offering to bet on the outcome of the first final was that bad.

True I guess. How ever I don't think my post of offering to bet on the outcome of the first final was that bad.
You're talking about a club that hasn't had much success.
You going over there and trying to prove them wrong and pump up our tyres is
rubbing salt into the wound.

There's plenty of arguments to be found on our board if you want :)

Who cares what the Freo board thinks about us. It's amusing to visit for the melts after yet another humiliation but I'd rather we focus on our upcoming finals campaign and a tilt for yet another flag instead of speculation as to top draft picks and where the players will be having Mad Monday.

You're talking about a club that hasn't had much success.
You going over there and trying to prove them wrong and pump up our tyres is
rubbing salt into the wound.

There's plenty of arguments to be found on our board if you want :)

Point taken.

Whats your view on finishing 9th instead of 8th? Pro or con?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back