2020 FA, Draft and Trade HYPOTHETICAL thread...now with new DFA speculation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You love the fast track. But you are building yourself up for disappointment. Clarko plays them when they are ready. Just got to hope he is ready early.
Even then, he wont provide the run and line breaking the others can. Plus as a first year player, his form will yoyo and body will still be adjusting.

Gone are the days when we could expect first year players to perform like Cyril/ Birchall from the outset. Day could also be one out of the box.

nickrebellious

Premiership Player
May 22, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill
Polec will be a bargain. He will be cheap and North will cover some of his salary making it more realistic for our pay structures. Gives time for other players to develop.

Rumours Brisbane have tabled a 3 year deal for Smith..... Fagan at it again......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
* - pretty tempting if you were Smithy. Go live up away from cold and pandemicy Victoria, immediately into a flag contending side with a couple of your Hawks best mates living up there too, along with the coach. Nice little retirement fund too.

I don't see Polec as a bad option if we can get him for a 3rd/4th rounder. Given how desperate North will be to get his contract off their books.

He's only 27 and can be an elite wingman. We have plenty of cap space.

So he could be a decent stop gap solution until we develop any of our current kids or draftees.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Saad a good player but frankly don't see his use on our list. He'd play Dimma's role and is probably a slight upgrade but I think with the emergence of Day, Scrimmers and Greaves' great first couple of games it might be a waste of a pick in the 20s we could use drafting a mid or KPP. Not to mention Impey getting back to 2019 form which was definitely as good as Saad's best playing in a similar position.

Any pace is good pace but there's a reason the name Adam 'RUN FAST THEN KICK AND TURN IT OVER' Saad has stuck in my head for a few years, even if he's improved his disposal.

Saad would be a big upgrade on Dimma.

Blake’s footy has gone backwards a long way .

I’m just stating the truth which is hard to do on one of our own .

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Adding Polec to the list would be a no-brainer if Hawthorn had the opportunity, imo. Closest thing to a Smith clone you'll realistically get and media has reported that North want him out and will cover part of his salary.

Consistent 400+ metres gained for 3 seasons before reduced match time, wins a few stoppage clearances, kicks goals. Probably has a solid 4 years of good footy left in him.

Why are North desperate to offload Polec?

Not really the season for wingmen and he can play so they could find a role for him in the future.

I guess if they have a few FA coming in they may need to find the cap space, that has to be the only reason.

Also I'm sure a few clubs might be interested if he comes practically for free. I dont think he is someone we should chase but if he lands in our lap I don't mind.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Why are North desperate to offload Polec?

Not really the season for wingmen and he can play so they could find a role for him in the future.

I guess if they have a few FA coming in they may need to find the cap space, that has to be the only reason.

Also I'm sure a few clubs might be interested if he comes practically for free. I dont think he is someone we should chase but if he lands in our lap I don't mind.

They overpaid him on a long contract so they need someone else to pay half his salary so they can bring in more overpaid, long contracts.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Saad would be a big upgrade on Dimma.

Blake’s footy has gone backwards a long way .

I’m just stating the truth which is hard to do on one of our own .

Yeah very very frustrating this, before this season I thought he was so reliable with a chance to be an All Australian back pocket somewhere down the track.

Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has Polec been linked or just a hypothetical? I can see him as a player Clarko would like as he is a good kick. If we ever get back on the G he would be an asset. Hendo was a DFA and he won our bnf last year probably shows where our list was at last year. No offence to he do he has been great

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Has Polec been linked or just a hypothetical? I can see him as a player Clarko would like as he is a good kick. If we ever get back on the G he would be an asset. Hendo was a DFA and he won our bnf last year probably shows where our list was at last year. No offence to he do he has been great

"North Melbourne will be prepared to trade Jared Polec if a rival club can match part of his substantial salary...

With three years left on his contract at between $600,000 and $700,000, North Melbourne will likely concede ground as soon as talks with a rival team open.

Prominent trade sources have told 7NEWS that North - unwilling to hang on to a player the coach doesn’t want to play - will be open to covering some of Polec’s wages to move him in a trade...

It’s unclear who could join the race to trade for Polec but Melbourne and Hawthorn have been mooted as potential homes based on their needs."

That's a major news link. Post Polec in official targets thread, mods can't stop us 😎

Be careful if you say that 2 more times you will summon Eldorado. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back