• Jack Watts

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Our nominees for MVP Leigh Matthews Trophy will be released in the next hour or so I think. Who do you think gets the nod?

It's peer voted. My guess:

Nic Naitanui
Tom Barrass
Tim Kelly

.... I could see Gaff getting the nod in place of TK, just feel he has been a bit more consistent, and is rated very highly by his teammates.

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Our nominees for MVP Leigh Matthews Trophy will be released in the next hour or so I think. Who do you think gets the nod?

Nic Naitanui
Tom Barrass
Tim Kelly

.... I could see Gaff getting the nod in place of TK, just feel he has been a bit more consistent, and is rated very highly by his teammates.
I reckon Kennedy might get a look in but it doesn't matter as Naitanui is by far our no 1 candidate and should be top 2 for the league with Hawkins.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

JohnW

Club Legend
Oct 6, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Nic Naitanui
Tom Barrass
Tim Kelly

1. Ryan
2. Ryan
3. Ryan

or GTFO

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I could Google this but one of you campaigners will know the answer and then our whole board will be enlightened 🥰

Will finals return to 20 minute quarters this season or are finals played out in the shortened format also?

woosha24

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I could Google this but one of you campaigners will know the answer and then our whole board will be enlightened 🥰

Will finals return to 20 minute quarters this season or are finals played out in the shortened format also?

I would have assumed the shortened format? What makes you think otherwise?

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I would have assumed the shortened format? What makes you think otherwise?

Just that there's no point shortening quarters for finals when the compressed fixture is done. And that it adds to the reasons an asterisk should be placed against this flag if the games aren't played the traditional length. Imagine short quarters in 2018 😳 Robbed of the come back.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Just that there's no point shortening quarters for finals when the compressed fixture is done. And that it adds to the reasons an asterisk should be placed against this flag if the games aren't played the traditional length. Imagine short quarters in 2018 😳 Robbed of the come back.
IMO it would have a bigger * if the finals were played under different rules to the H&A season (MRO findings and suspensions excluded of course).
Pretty sure they announced very early in the season that the reduced quarters will remain including finals.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
IMO it would have a bigger * if the finals were played under different rules to the H&A season (MRO findings and suspensions excluded of course).
Pretty sure they announced very early in the season that the reduced quarters will remain including finals.

I recall an announcement, just not what it was. Been a looong year 😴

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
The two junktime goals in the 1st wouldn't have happened and we probably would have been pumped. May well have broken the whole squad's spirit, getting smashed in two GF in 3 years.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
The two junktime goals in the 1st wouldn't have happened and we probably would have been pumped. May well have broken the whole squad's spirit, getting smashed in two GF in 3 years.

There was a segment on red time goals on first crack a few months ago and they talked about the 2018 GF.

2018 GF goals in redtime

West Coast 4.2
Collingwood 0.1

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
SEN's final rolling All Australian team.

3 West Coast players made it. Equal most (tied with Geelong).

Nice to see Sheppard get some love. Interesting that Kennedy made it. Has had a good year, if a bit uneven and hot/cold.

Ryan missing out and going for Papley is a glaring omission.

1600322333813.png

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Good picks!

MVP: Nic Naitanui, Liam Ryan, Bradley Sheppard

Most Courageous: Liam Duggan

Best First Year: Nic Reid

Captain: Luke Shuey

Last edited: