List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Thread - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except we didnt want more kids on the list. It doesn't matter who our original draft picks ended up being in the long run and will have no bearing on whether our trades are deemed successful or not.

We wanted players who would improve us immediately and the success of the trades will be determined by whether those players have instantly made us a better side. And by all metrics, they have.

I think you can't make up for a lack of stars though and that top end of the draft is were they usually come from. North Melbourne nearly got there with a lack of top end but couldn't quite move up past the best sides. We really need stars still. I just can't see where they are going to come from if we don't use the draft.

Anyone whinging about last year's trade period has rocks in there head, I don't care which way you spin it it was a win.

Bit like whinging about trading pick 10 for Clark, Long and Battle for 2 years.

Why, we haven't moved anywhere much yet. Hill has been average. Jones pretty good but starting to look less so, Butler looked amazing early and Howard about Carlisle quality. I thing GC and Freo have had a massive jump on good drafting.

Buying GOP is one way, drafting is another. Longer term the draft is often best. We got desperate and had to chase instant improvement because we ****ed the last rebuild. It doesn't mean it's right or a better way to go.

If we miss finals next year or step backwards and there aren't even a bunch of kids to pin hope on the club is worse off.

Patty_vanda

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
There’s a rumour going around we have a defender from another team lined for trade week. Anyone know who it is?

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Why, we haven't moved anywhere much yet. Hill has been average. Jones pretty good but starting to look less so, Butler looked amazing early and Howard about Carlisle quality. I thing GC and Freo have had a massive jump on good drafting.

Buying GOP is one way, drafting is another. Longer term the draft is often best. We got desperate and had to chase instant improvement because we f’ed the last rebuild. It doesn't mean it's right or a better way to go.

If we miss finals next year or step backwards and there aren't even a bunch of kids to pin hope on the club is worse off.

We’ve hit the wall with a few injuries & the young squad feeling the pinch being away from home for so long.

Howard is a long term lock & will only get better. And Hill is on a hiding to nothing. Plays well, gets bagged.

How many picks have GC had to get right? And where exactly are they? No guarantee their inability to retain players will change yet either. Freo? Have also had multiple top ten picks for the past 4 seasons. They’ve recruited quite a few mature players too. They look promising but still rely heavily on Fyfe & Mundy. No guarantees with them either.

Can’t believe you even compared him to Newnes the other day. Newnes was barely competitive for us over the past few seasons.

And we still have a very young list even without adding a 1st round pick last year. With the free agents available & are reported targets, there’s a decent likelihood that we’ll go to the draft with our 1st this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
guess would be Corr but I don't really know

Corr really is an ordinary player.

An absolute turnover merchant who isn’t even a decent one on one defender.

Big pass for me.

I’d rather see what Tom McDonald is worth & slot him in at CHB where Dopey Goodwin should have been playing him.

Ekomaira

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Corr really is an ordinary player.

An absolute turnover merchant who isn’t even a decent one on one defender.

Big pass for me.

I’d rather see what Tom McDonald is worth & slot him in at CHB where Dopey Goodwin should have been playing him.

I don't know too much about him, haven't really watched him play but that doesn't sound good :huh:

We’ve hit the wall with a few injuries & the young squad feeling the pinch being away from home for so long.

Howard is a long term lock & will only get better. And Hill is on a hiding to nothing. Plays well, gets bagged.

How many picks have GC had to get right? And where exactly are they? No guarantee their inability to retain players will change yet either. Freo? Have also had multiple top ten picks for the past 4 seasons. They’ve recruited quite a few mature players too. They look promising but still rely heavily on Fyfe & Mundy. No guarantees with them either.

Can’t believe you even compared him to Newnes the other day. Newnes was barely competitive for us over the past few seasons.

And we still have a very young list even without adding a 1st round pick last year. With the free agents available & are reported targets, there’s a decent likelihood that we’ll go to the draft with our 1st this year.

It looks a lot like when Melbourne did it to get Salem, Bernie Vince and Dom Tyson. Hopefully ours works a lot better. But that cost them Josh Kelly. It's hard to say it wa the wrong move because they'd been s**t for so long but what short term looks good doesn't always end up that way. These days they have lots of stars and are still s**t so I guess there isn't a right and wrongly to do it. Just got to nail it regardless.

I was all for him until he did another soft tissue again this year- he's not even a ticking timebomb, he's one that went off years ago like our mate hanners.

He managed to string together 2 years uninjured, but outside of that it's been a trainwreck

Don't mind if we don't need to trade for him, but if list size is reduced, we can't carry the injury prone.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Time to pounce, Saints!
20200917_141101.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.