Game Day AFL Round 18: West Coast Eagles vs North Melbourne @ Metricon Thursday 5.10 pm 17th of September 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
There is nothing exciting about facing North anymore. No Brad Scott week, no decent team to ensure a good contest. Just Snake Baker putting up a lone stand.

Sad.
To be fair that is 25% of Norf’s fan base. Puts us to shame given we are only a drop in the ocean of the Eagles fan base.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Do you understand how this actually works?

You need to read up on the NMFC constitution to understand this better.

View attachment 963474
View attachment 963475

The clubs historical identity can not in any way be altered without the overwhelming approval of the club members:

View attachment 963476
View attachment 963477

Remember this next time you read some ridiculous AFL board "Norf will be relocated by the AFL to XXXXX" type crap. They simply don't have the power to do it.

Again, the members of the NMFC control the NMFC. It's day to day running is controlled by a board elected by those members and no one else.
Agreed. They can’t force you to relocate but they can cut you from the comp.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Agreed. They can’t force you to relocate but they can cut you from the comp.

No, they can't technically "cut" any club from the comp, but a club can become financially compromised to the point where it would withdraw from the AFL and hand back it's licence.However, this has no impact on the NMFC as an independent entity.

There is a lot of bad rubbish that has been allowed to permeate through generic supporter discussion over the years, to the point where the uninformed take it as gospel. If in the very extreme event that the club became financially compromised to this extent, there's a consensus that it would just continuing playing in a local comp as the NMFC, at Arden Street, with it's blue & white stripes, club song, VFL/AFL premiership cups, etc, and history intact.

We'll never sell out like South Melbourne, or get compromised like Fitzroy. This is why our constitution has been framed in such a manner.

However, presently we have not taken up any AFL slush funds like some other clubs and we are as solvent as we have been in decades, so get used to us.

I think what hurts North fans the most is that Drew Petrie is a West Coast legend, favorite son and club hero after only playing one season :heart:

1600320608893.png
1600320627195.png
1600320663188.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
No, they can't technically "cut" any club from the comp, but a club can become financially compromised to the point where it would withdraw from the AFL and hand back it's licence.However, this has no impact on the NMFC as an independent entity.

There is a lot of bad rubbish that has been allowed to permeate through generic supporter discussion over the years, to the point where the uninformed take it as gospel. If in the very extreme event that the club became financially compromised to this extent, there's a consensus that it would just continuing playing in a local comp as the NMFC, at Arden Street, with it's blue & white stripes, club song, VFL/AFL premiership cups, etc, and history intact.

We'll never sell out like South Melbourne, or get compromised like Fitzroy. This is why our constitution has been framed in such a manner.

However, presently we have not taken up any AFL slush funds like some other clubs and we are as solvent as we have been in decades, so get used to us.

Correct me if I am wrong but North are the only club in Victoria who don't get pokie revenue.

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Las Vegas Raiders
Wait till Snack underscore Baker hears about the WC Big Footy pod and their views on Norf's relevance.

dkalphy

All Australian
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Why isn't Brander playing? I swear to god the match committe and Simo sometimes just dont get it. This is the perfect game to play him against a weaker team, and they drop him, and for who Bailey Williams/Foley? He's the 13th pick in a very strong draft, i don't care if he's playing on a wing, shooting guard, power forward, center just play the guy ffs.

I also agree he should be playing as a forward and be aiming to take Kennedys role once done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back