Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

A club needs different types of leaders though. Everyone doesn't need to be a captain. Richy leads but couldn't be seen as a captain. Up until a few years back nobody would have thought Zorko would be a captain. Or Beams.

Point being - not everyone needs to be a captain and not everyone will be captain material at 21, even if they've got leadership qualities.

A club needs different types of leaders though. Everyone doesn't need to be a captain. Richy leads but couldn't be seen as a captain. Up until a few years back nobody would have thought Zorko would be a captain. Or Beams.

Point being - not everyone needs to be a captain and not everyone will be captain material at 21, even if they've got leadership qualities.

100%. Totally agree. My main point was that I was just surprised to hear that the playing group wouldn’t view him as a potential future captain. From the outside looking in, I’d just imagine it would be the opposite

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

100%. Totally agree. My main point was that I was just surprised to hear that the playing group wouldn’t view him as a potential future captain. From the outside looking in, I’d just imagine it would be the opposite

Safe to say Andrews and Neale are ahead of him in that regard. JL too. Doesn't mean that'll be the case in a few years time.

From the outside looking in is significantly different to the inside. Not saying he's not a leader, just not considered captain material like Andrews is. Nunez is 100% correct, the club needs all types of leaders. His public speaking has nothing to do with it.

Safe to say Andrews and Neale are ahead of him in that regard. JL too. Doesn't mean that'll be the case in a few years time.

I also agree with that. I’m thinking more long term into the future. Without a doubt he wouldn’t be ready yet and certainly behind in the current pecking order.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UQ article on the likely impact of the GF in Brisbane this year for those interested.

Fages will be on AFL 360 shortly.

It was good of him to sit in on that interview with Alastair Clarkson. Thought they might have let him speak at some point, though.

On the Couch, what a surprise, they are talking about how tough the hub life is.

Maybe some spa vouchers should have been provided for these players living in 5 star accommodation.

I’m not sure the emphasis on the families causing tension is a good angle.

emphasising that only the pies footy people went west and the results speak for themselves is going to be controversial. Putting women in the role of bitches that make life difficult for the men is so 1980s.

Fages will be on AFL 360 shortly.

Stunned. Did Fox really broadcast that? 9 minutes of Clarko - who did not make finals - VFL justification, self vpromotion, and character assasination of Chris Fagan. i minute of Fages - after 5 minutes of Robbo dribble,

Wtf? Who had an axe to grind?

Took 40 mins of on the couch for discussion of our game and how we played. There’s been even less discussion of Port.
How great was Collingwood though! :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back