Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - Pies v Port Mon September 21st 7:15pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D6B34457-FF58-437D-9085-E2F05AE349B5.jpeg
V
3EFDB82F-4C6D-4D29-AD61-6EF3A4E1C2CC.png

8TH V 2ND (UPDATED)

2020 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP

Round 18 • COLLINGWOOD V PORT ADELAIDE
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 21ST 7:15PM AEST (GABBA)

Tipping on BigFooty's own system.
Tip now - $1000 in cash prizes.

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

ROUND 18 TEAMS

MAGPIES

B: Jack Crisp, Jordan Roughead, Jack Madgen
HB: Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, John Noble
C: Tyler Brown, Adam Treloar, Josh Daicos
HF: Jamie Elliott, Brody Mihocek, Levi Greenwood
F: Josh Thomas, Mason Cox, Jordan De Goey
R: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendelbury

I: Jaidyn Stephenson, Isaac Quaynor, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Travis Varcoe
E: Ben Reid, Callum Brown, Rupert Wills, Mark Keane

In: J.Stephenson
Out: C.Brown (omitted)

POWER

B: Riley Bonner, Trent McKenzie, Dan Houston
HB: Hamish Hartlett, Tom Jonas, Darcy Byrne-Jones
C: Xavier Duursma, Ollie Wines, Karl Amon
HF: Sam Powell-Pepper, Todd Marshall, Brad Ebert
F: Connor Rozee, Charlie Dixon, Robbie Gray
R: Scott Lycett, Tom Rockliff, Travis Boak

I: Steven Motlop, Peter Ladhams, Boyd Woodcock, Jarrod Lienert
E: Miles Bergman, Sam Mayes, Justin Westhoff, Jackson Mead

In: Boyd Woodcock, Jarrod Lienert
Out: Farrell (omitted), Tom Clurey (injured)

COLLINGWOOD 7.3.45
PORT ADELAIDE 9.7.61

Last edited:
We are still pretty s**t. I mean De Goey basically won the game for us against the Suns. Without him, we probably would have lost because we still struggle to score. It was De Goey V the Suns. Although, Cox did chime in for us which is a good sign.

We ain't going to be doing s**t all damage in September if we can't score more fluently. If we can somehow get that going in this game, then who knows how far we can go in finals. With that said, there is no way Port won't flog us. Difference between us and them is that they can score. So....

Port by plenty.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
I have to favour the Pies at this point tbh. Just see to get it right more often than not in these types of games. They don't want to travel to Perth to face WCE in week 1 of the finals ( could beat them btw if fuly fit ) and I still give them the edge over some of the higher ranked teams, probably Geelong included. Conversely the Power would hate to face Richmond in week 1 of the finals despite beating them back in August. But right in this point in time that's what I foresee.

Pies get the job done imo.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
The fact that we are the least talked about top placed team in recent history tells you where we really sit in terms of team ranking this year.

Could win, could lose, couldn’t make a convincing case either way.

cactuscall

michaelangelo is a party dude
Jul 26, 2020
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could be an intriguing game. If the Saints defeat GWS and Bulldogs defeat Freo then Collingwood will be sitting 8th needing a win to avoid an EF against WCE in Perth.

G String

All Australian
Jan 3, 2008
Brighton
AFL Club
Richmond
Before they start the game - 3rd and 4th ladder possies will be locked in. If Port win they prob play Geelong in the first final - if they lose they prob play Tigers. I think they'd be confident on their home deck either way but I'm also sure they'd have a preference - not sure who tho??

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Before they start the game - 3rd and 4th ladder possies will be locked in. If Port win they prob play Geelong in the first final - if they lose they prob play Tigers. I think they'd be confident on their home deck either way but I'm also sure they'd have a preference - not sure who tho??
That’s a good observation.... like most would, I reckon you don’t play with form on the eve of the finals and just take who you get.

jsdsgn

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lakers
They will not be playing the game aiming to finish in a certain spot.
You know they want top spot on the ladder.
If they had to choose, Port would probably take Richmond, considering they beat them but got destroyed by Geelong.

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
i thought no adelaide finals allowed?

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I have to favour the Pies at this point tbh. Just see to get it right more often than not in these types of games. They don't want to travel to Perth to face WCE in week 1 of the finals ( could beat them btw if fuly fit ) and I still give them the edge over some of the higher ranked teams, probably Geelong included. Conversely the Power would hate to face Richmond in week 1 of the finals despite beating them back in August. But right in this point in time that's what I foresee.

Pies get the job done imo.

Um this is 2020 not 2018, there is no known universe where we could possibly be rated above any other team in the 8.

Maybe you should watch our recent games which indicates form, which IMO is not finals worthy.

Port by plenty.

Whoever by plenty v Pies week 1.

Unless there is some sort of biblical form reversal.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Can anyone explain the sudden prediction of the Pies beating the top of the ladder team? We're talking about a team that hasn't displayed any warrantable form since the saints win.

I'm confused, someone please give thorough analysis that somehow the Pies are going to have some sort of seismic form shift to do this.

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Um this is 2020 not 2018, there is no known universe where we could possibly be rated above any other team in the 8.

Maybe you should watch our recent games which indicates form, which IMO is not finals worthy.

Port by plenty.

Whoever by plenty v Pies week 1.

Unless there is some sort of biblical form reversal.

By the time Monday night rolls around Pies will likely have a 3-1-2 record against other top 8 teams plus whatever the result against Port is going into the finals series. Probably should have won against Richmond and Brisbane too. Also won 5 of the last 7 games. The Pies poor form is overplayed. Nothing about the above says Collingwood aren’t finals worthy.

Back