Prediction Changes vs Collingwood 1st Elim Final @ Optus SATURDAY 3rd OCT 6.10PM WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

xInfected_Virus

Team Captain
Apr 23, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wisconsin Badgers Women's Volleyball
Out: Foley (unlucky), Petch (omitted), AhChee (omitted), Ainsworth (He's been great since the Bulldogs game but very unlucky since we need one of AhChee or Petch), Williams (unlucky)
In: Shuey, Yeo (if ready), Redden, Cripps, JK

Gov won't be available until the second finals and lets hope it's just a minor sprain for JK's ankle. Not sure about Cripps's status but he should come in for Petch or AhChee but it looks unlikely at this stage. Ainsworth stays just for his tagging ability. Don't think Yeo will be ready by the first finals. A forward line of JK, Darling, Waterman, Allen and Williams will make us too top heavy if the ball goes to ground.

Edit: Looks like JK will likely play finals.

Edit 2: Looks like Yeo may not be available at all. Maybe the Grand Final at the earliest but even then that's looking unlikely.

Last edited:

It kind of makes me sad that Duggan in the midfield might be over if the cavalry come back, very few of them go as hard as he does at the ground ball.

Foley has to go, it's finals footy time and he was spending it before he had it and a bit too overawed by the whole thing.

JK maybe will be fine, but even if he isn't, Allen can take his spot, Cripps can come in and make the forward line smaller and actually lay a tackle or five.

In: Shuey, Cripps, Redden, Jetta
Out: Foley, Kennedy, Petruccelle, Ainsworth (didn't have a bad game but there are better players coming in for finals)

Cole Barrass Sheppard
Jetta Schofield Hurn
Duggan Shuey Gaff
Ryan Darling Cripps
Ah Chee Allen Waterman

Naitanui, Kelly, Sheed

Nelson, Redden, Williams, Rotham

I wonder if Petruccelle might benefit from being in the same side as Cripps, where he can be more easily directed in a more traditional forward line. I still think the team balance is wrong up forward with too many talls, especially if Williams is playing back up ruck.

I wonder if Petruccelle might benefit from being in the same side as Cripps, where he can be more easily directed in a more traditional forward line. I still think the team balance is wrong up forward with too many talls, especially if Williams is playing back up ruck.
If Petruccelle didn't have pace, he'd be lucky to get a game in the amo's.

Really want AhChee out of the forward line, he just ain’t go it, and at 27 you’re flogging a dead horse. Cripps on on Flank and then rotate the other between quality mids, Shuey, Sheed and Kelly. All can kick goals and will help to stop the ground ball flowing so easily from our forward line if we don’t take the grab. The tall forwards work fine in WA but not in humid Queensland.

Went on to clarify that McGovern is more unlikely than likely and pretty much ruled out Yeo. There has been quite a lowering of expectations by the club regarding Yeo. So with that in mind.
Out: Ainsworth, Petrucelle, Foley and Williams.
In: Shuey, Cripps, Redden and Jetta
Williams stays in if Kennedy is out allows Oscar to play full-time forward. Redden is doubtful you would think. Might even give Foley another game if Jetta isn't available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Foley, Williams, Petruccelle
In: Shuey, Redden, Cripps

B: Sheppard, Schofield, Hurn
HB: Nelson, Barrass, Cole
C: Gaff, Kelly, Duggan
HF: Waterman, Darling, Cripps
F: Ryan, Kennedy, Ah Chee
R: Naitanui, Shuey, Sheed
I: Rotham, Allen, Redden, Ainsworth
E: Williams, Petruccelle, Jetta, O’Neill

The key sweating will be on McGovern, JK, Shuey and Yeo. Yeo and the Gov look a decent bit more than two weeks away, but we're a good chance on the other two.

Cripps, Redden, Jetta and Hutchings... The first two are definite selections if fit. In seasons gone Jetta definitely was an automatic selection but I don't see who in the backline he replace - maybe Nelson who has been a bit iffy lately but it would be a very tough call as Nelson was really good through the middle part of the season. Hutchings I don't think is an automatic in - might end depending how many of the others come good.

Yep, this looks about right. Ainsworth was good tonight and Simmo likes having a tagging option

This is what I think it'll be, but I'd like to see Jetta back in for Rotham or Cole as well.

Is a big game player and admittedly hasn't really fired a shot this year, but could still be a weapon on a big stage.

Duggan to stay in the midfield as Yeo's replacement.

This is what I think it'll be, but I'd like to see Jetta back in for Rotham or Cole as well.

If you are suggesting Cole should get dropped, I will physically fight you.

Not really, but there’s no chance that happens, he’s improved out of sight this season.

If Jetta comes in I think it’s as a forward.

Don't really understand the calls to drop Ah Chee. He isn't setting the world on fire but every match he seems to do a few really important things - bodylining the ball, laying tackles and being involved in crucial handball chains. He's doing the blue collar work to win ground ball and apply defensive pressure that we're otherwise really struggling with.

OUT: Petch, Williams, Foley, Ainsworth
IN: Cripps, Redden, Jetta, Shuey

Ainsworth a little unlucky but Jetta's experience gives him the nod. Nelson to tag if required.

Don't really understand the calls to drop Ah Chee. He isn't setting the world on fire but every match he seems to do a few really important things - bodylining the ball, laying tackles and being involved in crucial handball chains. He's doing the blue collar work to win ground ball and apply defensive pressure that we're otherwise really struggling with.

OUT: Petch, Williams, Foley, Ainsworth
IN: Cripps, Redden, Jetta, Shuey

Ainsworth a little unlucky but Jetta's experience gives him the nod. Nelson to tag if required.
Agreed hes ahead of Petrol/Ainsworth.

Quiet frankly a better marker and someone who will not get overawed in a final. Upgrade to hutch.

I’m feeling optimistic

In: Shuey, Redden, Cripps, McGovern
Out: Petrucelle, Foley, Williams, Rotham

Jetta close - Waterman on notice but I do prefer he stays in the team.

Ainsworth stays as a tagging option - they may go for a finals hardened Hutchings instead but he seems to be made of glass this year.

Stay fit (lol) and we are nearing best 22. Let’s hope we have another 4 games to keep it together.

So who do we want?

First preference for me is Melbourne - then probably St Kilda. Then probably the Dogs - I think we can beat them with NN and a break. GWS know how to win finals - so ideally not them and ditto for Collingwood who will be a much much different team than what we smashed by 10 goals.

So who do we want?

First preference for me is Melbourne - then probably St Kilda. Then probably the Dogs - I think we can beat them with NN and a break. GWS know how to win finals - so ideally not them and ditto for Collingwood who will be a much much different team than what we smashed by 10 goals.
Your list is spot on imo. From first preference to last. Assuming we finish 5th.

1. Melbourne: mentally weak team who'd be cooked from hotel quarantine. A mirror of the 2018 prelim smacking.
2. Saints: not mentally weak but couldn't get past our seconds team and would also have the issue of quarantine.
3. Dogs: decent team but again, hotel quarantine might bring them unstuck. They are not the same team as 2016.
4. GWS: they have done quarantine here already and are a finals hardened team. Tough game.
5. Collingwood: they know what to expect with quarantine and will have pretty much a full squad. This will be the toughest of the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back