Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam Stocker? What is the story here, I was hoping to see him play towards the end of this year. The injury list has him down as indefinite (personal)? I hope the kid is ok? Any insights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

During preseason can this thread become none-discussion. Causes great anxiety when I am notified of a new post...
turn the notifications off - I got sick & tired of aph ringing me at home to notify me I had a like - in the old days odn even wrote letters each time I received one

Not quite correct -

Cuningham had an issue as did Martin.
What happened to Dow?
What the hell went down with Marchbank? Knee bruising?

Still some questions that haven't been answered....so to speak. Not that I expect we'll get answers.
Marchbanks injury at least isn't on anyone. Bone bruising (or contusion) is more serious and complex than it sounds. It's essentially a less serious type of fracture, the problem is the healing time isn't consistent - particularly in the knee. I had bone bruising in my knee and was told that the recovery time was essentially anywhere between 2 weeks 12 months. Some cases even linger up to 24 months. For me it was about 9 months before I even got back to cricket, let alone longer distance running and jumping or the other intense stuff that footy players do.

So if someone has bone bruising in the knee chances are it's going to linger a long time. Even if they're able to get back playing (as Marchy did) chances are it's still not 100%, the pain has just subsided enough to get on the park. Then the next hope is it doesn't flare back up, which you'd say his did given he was rubbed out after a couple of games.

Wasn't Dow's injury also a knee? Supposedly a minor one but has lingered all year. Wouldn't surprise me if that was also a small contusion they thought would clear up quickly but ended up lingering on and on.

Marchbanks injury at least isn't on anyone. Bone bruising (or contusion) is more serious and complex than it sounds. It's essentially a less serious type of fracture, the problem is the healing time isn't consistent - particularly in the knee. I had bone bruising in my knee and was told that the recovery time was essentially anywhere between 2 weeks 12 months. Some cases even linger up to 24 months. For me it was about 9 months before I even got back to cricket, let alone longer distance running and jumping or the other intense stuff that footy players do.

So if someone has bone bruising in the knee chances are it's going to linger a long time. Even if they're able to get back playing (as Marchy did) chances are it's still not 100%, the pain has just subsided enough to get on the park. Then the next hope is it doesn't flare back up, which you'd say his did given he was rubbed out after a couple of games.

Wasn't Dow's injury also a knee? Supposedly a minor one but has lingered all year. Wouldn't surprise me if that was also a small contusion they thought would clear up quickly but ended up lingering on and on.
Have had bone brusing in my knee as well.

It's actually really painful. Was a solid few months before it was feeling ready for footy again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why now and not a month ago?

Yep terrible mismanagement, my trust in Russell and footy department is just about gone now. Sometimes you have to protect your long term investment no matter the short term pain or desire of the player.

Shoulder reco's are 16 week lay offs.... 16 weeks takes us in 2021
Shoulder is just subluxing, but is obviously getting looser and taking less impact to injure. Its 4-6 weeks without running which puts him out until they come back in late November. Would start contact work in Feb. He will be fine.

Yep terrible mismanagement, my trust in Russell and footy department is just about gone now. Sometimes you have to protect your long term investment no matter the short term pain or desire of the player.
It is the first time he has hurt his should badly enough to stop playing. If we took the risk averse management you are suggesting we wouldn't be able to field a team.

Shoulder is just subluxing, but is obviously getting looser and taking less impact to injure. Its 4-6 weeks without running which puts him out until they come back in late November. Would start contact work in Feb. He will be fine.
Probably even good for him to have a good block of no physical activity.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back