List Mgmt. 2020 List Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

It's certainly a positive sign that we're being swift, decisive and proactive in making changes to the list. And given how disastrous a season it was for us, I don't mind the fact we're making some bold calls on a few who could've comfortably been recontracted (though, exactly how bold the calls are depends upon the extent to which list sizes are shortened).

All the same, warranted or not, it's a shame to have seen the last of some long-serving and/or talented North players. Particularly unusual call to cut all three of Macmillan, Pittard and Williams, which presumably lends some credence to the rumours around who we might be looking to acquire... cuts are really just the beginning, the real task is who we get to fill the vacancies. Best of luck to the departing eleven.

Facebook is a pox and the echo chambers it supports are horrific.

Some solid advice is to rid yourself of it.

The complete lack of empathy by some on the Facebook crowd is hard to take. Yes, we needed to make hard calls but 11 guys have just lost their jobs and more than likely their dream of being an AFL footballer is over.

I appreciate he has his fans among many posters whose opinion I respect. My own thoughts are I wonder where he fits in a forward line with Taylor, Thomas, Mahoney and Garner (excluding talls) and our want for a speedy small forward

I don't see it myself. Perhaps can reinvent himself as a lockdown defender on small forwards.

It seems Brady and Rhyce had made these decisions beforehand and only waited for seasons end.
I don't mind that.

Seems decisive, and action needed to be taken, given it's our lowest finishing position in history. I probably would have kept one of JMac/Williams/Pittard, as hcd199 said above, it probably reflects we are getting Corr and recruiting another defender?

I would have liked to have kept Maj. If it comes together for him he’s exciting to watch and could be a crowd puller. Super marketable. ‘If’ is the key I suppose. How long do you wait?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11 players sounds like a bloodbath on paper but I think it's more that being first cab off the rank makes it more abrupt.

Cats either delisted or did a token trade out for 11 players after the 2018 season, including a kid we took in the first round, and our second highest goal scorer. That wasn't going into a season with list cuts either.

Looks abrupt but likely in line with most clubs this season. Given many of those clubs will be delisting some who have played a bit there'll be some DFA players looking around. Not dire.

The complete lack of empathy by some on the Facebook crowd is hard to take. Yes, we needed to make hard calls but 11 guys have just lost their jobs and more than likely their dream of being an AFL footballer is over.

.............and none of the piss weak campaigners would say boo to someones face.

Think for a moment what coin some of those players were on.

And we have players contracted or 2021 that would have been delisted plus we have some old geezers like Goldstein.

Either we have senior players coming in or every one is being front loaded 2021.
Zac Williams, heres $2 million over the next two years, followed by $800,000, $700,000 and $500,000.

Then next year.

Josh Kelly, heres $2 million over the next two years, followed by $800,000, $700,000 and $500,000.

One campaigner made the claim that they were all on at least $250k and should be millionaires if they saved. It brings out some of the ugliest elements of human nature.

Cowards.

Weak little people leading weak little lives.

It seems Brady and Rhyce had made these decisions beforehand and only waited for seasons end.

Unlikely for most of them. They gave them a crack throughout the year and they don't strike me as people to write others off without giving them a chance. I'd actually be disappointed if these decisions were made a long time ago without giving blokes the season to try to get on board with the new coach.

11 players sounds like a bloodbath on paper but I think it's more that being first cab off the rank makes it more abrupt.

Cats either delisted or did a token trade out for 11 players after the 2018 season, including a kid we took in the first round, and our second highest goal scorer. That wasn't going into a season with list cuts either.

Looks abrupt but likely in line with most clubs this season. Given many of those clubs will be delisting some who have played a bit there'll be some DFA players looking around. Not dire.

Yep. We won't be the only club. Be outrage from Caro / Damo / and alike until every other club does it > crickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back