Past #21: Dom Tyson aka 'Tom Dyson' - delisted end '21 - 6 NM games/1 NM goal - 113 AFL games - good luck DomTom

Remove this Banner Ad

We've replaced a bloke who was contracted longer than needed with another bloke contracted longer than needed. But of which weren't playing seniors. But this way we've extended it out 2 further years.

Remind me again why it was so urgent to get rid of Preuss?
Off-field only.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The dumbest thing is we also have up a pick for tyson. We gave them press and 46 or so and we got tyson. Wtf

I believe they picked up 24 year old Marty Hore from the Collingwood VFL.

He has been out all season. Busted collarbone last year, then quad surgery and now the rest of the season with a "toe".

I believe they picked up 24 year old Marty Hore from the Collingwood VFL.

He has been out all season. Busted collarbone last year, then quad surgery and now the rest of the season with a "toe".
Not the matter of what they used the pick on its the matter that we could've used that pick on something ourselves

Had a big falling out with Brad, at least.

Also, I understand he wasn't well liked around the club in his last few months there.

I don't think spear tackling the Captain in training (which was extremely dangerous and Spitta furious) did him much favours either to start with.

Last edited:
What was Preuss' issue? He was never going to be a great footballer but had enough going for him, so I assume it wasn't a skill/potential issue.
Yep. People can say what they like about Preuss but he at least impacts the contest around him. The majority of regulars in our game don't. Dom chose the wrong club. Unfortunately for him, we have the market cornered on slow inside midfielders.

Useless or not, Joyce was inexperienced. Like his coach and virtually everyone else in the joint at the time. And boy didn't it show.

There's a bloke running around who's 68 and who is, let's just say, on the better side of 100 kegs. A bloke who was up to his menacing eyeballs in the rebuild and premiership success of no less than three clubs.

He's fierce, he's ruthless, he has a ridiculous eye for talent and reputedly the most astute football mind of his generation.

Oh yeah, just one other little detail, he's also available.

Please tell me that comrade Buckley is putting in a call?

Pretty, on my knees, please.

ha - we'll be running lean for the next couple of seasons so doubt we'll have the inclination to go after this 100kg plus giant of a man that you speak of so highly.

I'm lead to believe we just aint got the funds unfortunately.

ha - we'll be running lean for the next couple of seasons so doubt we'll have the inclination to go after this 100kg plus giant of a man that you speak of so highly.

I'm lead to believe we just aint got the funds unfortunately.

Attachments

• 9425EEEC-38D6-4162-A3BF-D62836A033DB.jpeg
    9425EEEC-38D6-4162-A3BF-D62836A033DB.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 55
I believe we requested the wrong player we needed in return considering our list and what Demons paid.

I'm sure Dom is a top bloke, like Campbell, but they have taken spots that should have gone to others (imo).
I have whacked my brain trying to figure out WHY we brought Tom Dyson to the club. Has there ever been a more inappropriate trade at NM?

Must say I normally pick up what you're putting down, on this occasion a dirty towel has me stumped? 🤷‍♂️ Unless of course the dirty towel references lean times at the Arden St soup kitchen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the matter of what they used the pick on its the matter that we could've used that pick on something ourselves

Dom Tyson's story isn't over just yet. Best to wait before casting it in stone as a loss of pick 60something.

You guys do realise Tyson was pushed out of Melbourne's midfield yes even when fit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back