News 2020 Retirements and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Still waiting on the announcement from the AFL on list sizes.

The one I've heard strongest is 38-40 and 2-4, total 42 so just down two. AFLPA hold the whip hand with a valid CBA for 44, AFL needs ALFPA to agree to any changes.

Most clubs would delist about 6 players in a normal year. If lists are going to be cut significantly this year (rumoured to be reduced by 6) I expect most clubs to be delisting 10 or 12 players this year. If lists are in fact to be reduced by 6 and clubs have to draft a minimum of 3, all clubs will be delisting at least 9 players and in most cases probably more. It seems shocking because we were first but in a months time it will be seen as similar to other clubs
Pretty interesting.

Wont be easy for the top 4 sides to de-list 10.

On LM-K410 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty interesting.

Wont be easy for the top 4 sides to de-list 10.

On LM-K410 using BigFooty.com mobile app
There is every chance, depending on who gets cut from other teams that North de-list more players.

Could see an even more massive list turnover if better players come into the free market than some of the players still on our list.

Perez is not part of picks you got from Demons.
You got pick 26 and 50 from Melbourne and did not even use the pick 50.... So Charlie Combden plus whomever you grab this draft with pick later in first round has to be used better than having Caleb Serong in your system already as he essentially was pick number you gave up last draft. The clean out now shows you should have held onto such a pick last season in that draft to start to add to elite youth you needed badly. Madness in my eyes in terms of list management to give it up when you did.
Jeez, Serong would be a good fit for North as well. I really like him. Has a real crack.

Not a close observer of North but thought Ahern and Wood had shown something at times.
Yeah.

The time that Ahern showed "something" was against WC in Tassie in 2018.
The time that Wood showed "something" was against the Swans in Sydney in 2018.

Otherwise, crickets.

Considering what they gave up for Pittard I'm very surprised to see them delist him. But good on them for realising it wasn't working for them.

Mason Wood and Majak Daw would surely get a run somewhere else.
We gave up zero for Pittard. He was the steak knives in the Polec deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not on a fourth rebuild if you actually really knew what you were talking about.
We actually on our very first build in the draft era.
I know sh*t drafting and lack of building through draft when I see it because I seen so much of it during last 20 years...
North made the same mistake last year as the idiots did at my club giving up a picks like a 7 for bit part players when Hughes and Rogers continued to do it and not actually build an actual list.

Again, are you all there?

We haven't given up anything for nothing. We haven't let Serong pass by, we are going to get an equally talented kid this year.

Do I need to write it in big bold letters, WE HAVE PICK 2 AND PICK 9 at the moment.

We have the second strongest hand in this years draft.

1600426951727.png

That's quite a clean out.

I think the majority of them (Ahern, Daw, Durdin, Jacobs, Macmillan, Pittard, Williams, Wood) still might find a role somewhere...

What is your (and other North fans') opinion on the purge?
The majority of them will not find a home somewhere. Especially with reduced list sizes.

Again, are you all there?

We haven't given up anything for nothing. We haven't let Serong pass by
Mate, stop with the crap. Are you all there, what a ******* stupid way to open a post when we just talking list opinions.
Serong is at Fremantle. You have let him go and now someone else in benefiting and you are starting to fix your list a year later than you needed to start on it.
It is not rocket science to see this is my point. Stop being stupid about it.

Gonna say
What club has churned over a good chunk of experience like that and gotten out of the woods. North must have planned bringing in quite a few players. They've gone Carlton era malthouse at first glance

Nah

Pittard/Williams/Mcmillan I think still have something for AFL. Ahern was talented but hasn't worked out

Fact that Jacobs is delisted is worrying. He almost was their B+F 2 years ago
I've read that Jacob's concussion injuries have pretty much ended his career.

Exactly this, that people bemoan Jacobs says plenty about their ignorance.
Odd career, Missed 2017 with a s**t foot injury as well, came back and was instantly one of the leagues best tagger, then gets a nasty injury at brisbane, tries to play on, they pull the pin on him that season and he never got back onto the park

Fact that Jacobs is delisted is worrying. He almost was their B+F 2 years ago

He played 13 games 2 years ago, wasn't even top 10 B&F. Has been 5 years since he played a full season and finished 7th in the B&F, the talk was all year his career was at the crossroads. It was only March this year that it was reported he missed 2-3 days of training after every training session, and that he was suffering entire facial pain (nose, cheeks etc) not just the "stereotypical" concussion symptoms.

The main surprise is that he was delisted rather than retired.

the Giants are a Messed up club, they really havent got a taller Developing Ruckman coming through except Briggs an that other dude. they may have to play an untried Ruck next year from the Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back